Normal Topic what happens next? (Read 3233 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hoponpop
New User

what happens next?
Dec 13th, 2006 at 9:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
well, i passed all of my tests and my interview for a local deupty position and went in for the cvsa.  i was a little excited but not too bad.  I had already passed a cvsa with no problems about 4 months earlier when applying in a different county.  i was even more relieved when he told me the questions.. they were exactly the same!!

well.. the first round results came back and i missed on 4 questions..  (a little background on me is im straight as they come.  I have seen drugs once in my life!!)

anyhow.. it came back as

i lied about being fired from a job or being asked to leave.

i lied about not doing hard drugs

i lied about never smoking marijuana

and i lied about never doing something in my past where i could have been arrested.

well...  i went through a second round.  this time i only lied or looked deceptive on one answer, but.. i looked like i bart simpson headed on a follow up question like is there a table in this room  and so he figured i lied about the question previous.

well.. he asked me what was goin on.. the 2 that he asked about were the work thing and the ever smoking marijuana.

well, mined u im a bit frustrated and a bit nervous now about what the heck is goin on. and i am questioning myself.  i told him well now im thinking constantly of when i was given the option to retrain for 3 months and continue a position or i could keep going a i was and chance not making numbers or i could resign in 2 months.  In my mind that wasnt firing or being asked to resign  because i was given options, but i told him about it anyhow.

as for the marijuana use i told him the absolute embarrasing and naive truth about a time i walked in on my room mate in college who was smoking in pipe, he handed it to me and told me to smoke it, i tried and then he took it from me saying i couldnt even do it and laughed at me.  then the next day when i questioned him about it ( i was drunk on that night) he told me it wasnt even marijuana it was ciggarette tobacco and he would never put me in that position knowing i had never been in it before.

anyhow.. i asked him so should i just say yes to that question when u ask me? because even though im not positive of what happened that night and i believe i didnt inhale anything whatever it was, i dont want it to look like i had ever done anything besides that one night!  he said no.. tell the truth..

so i took it a 3rd and final time and of course i failed. those 2 questions.

so then he brought me a page and asked me to write what i told him and then sign it.. basicly a confession i guess.. but i felt like the statement should clear me if anything.   

he then said, "well, im gonna go ahead and fingerprint you." 

so we did that, and then i asked him, "so what hapens next? is looking deceptive on those 2 questions going to effect me?"

he said, "well, it will probably go before a civil service review board."

that was about a week ago.  and i will tell you what i have had butterflies ever since.  I passed all the tests, have never been arrested or questioned for anything, dont even have any speeding tickets, and i felt i had this career locked up.  and now this.

I really feel like this has put a huge lump of stress in my life for the past week and i have been sick to my stomach ever since, hearing the questions echo in my head over and over and how the word felt and sounded and how my mouth must have moved and my throat or what the heck happened.. and i wonder about why the heck or how the heck i could have failed the rediculous ones at first round that were later fine.  and how the heck did i pass the identical test 1 county away 4 months earlier with no problem at all?

has anyone had something similar to this happen?? if so, what action followed and what are their options and my options realisticly.  i dont care about suing or anything, i just want this job badly, its all ive been working for.  id even love the chance to retest or go before that same civil service board he was talking about and explain to them!  any comfort would be greatly appreciated, because i honestly have been a mental wreck ever since and cannot sleep or think straight in the day time.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hoponpop
New User

Re: what happens next?
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 11:01pm
well.. funny thing , i posted yesterday and i got my letter today..  i am no longer considered for the position.

i called to ask if i could have any information as to why and she immediately said well, it wasnt based solely on your cvsa, but.. 

hey wait a minute, i didnt say a word about cvsa and before that test i was a prime candidate.   

anyhow she said i was decptive, and i asked if they offer retests and she said no.

and then she said i can appeal at a january 9th board meeting, and so i feel like that is what im going to do.  have anyone of you tried to appeal before, or do you have any advice?  i asked for all the documentation of the cvsa that they had, and they said they will have to get back to me on that one.  but do i need a lawyer present or should i just go by myself?? i would much rather go by myself but i dont want to be blown off..

anyhow, please give me any information you would have on how to prepare for appealing this

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 11:50pm
If you have limited legal knowledge, then take a lawyer. He carries a certain amount of authority with LE where you don't. He will represent a possible threat of a lawsuit. First have him to research this site for the invalidity of the CVSA. Even the makers of this device say that it can't detect truth or lies. Have your lawyer make them explain why they put so much faith in voodoo.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polysuck
New User

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2006 at 6:35pm
Woah.....sorta good advice, "take a lawyer"  but don't forget, he'll be blacklisted for good, for all departments....

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2006 at 8:29pm
Polysucks

Haven't I seen your posts here sometime back or was it someone else using the same handle?

You say if hoponpop takes a lawyer with him to fight for his integrety, he will be blacklisted? To begin with, blacklisting is unlawful. If LE agencies blacklists, wouldn't they be breaking the law? Who would want to work for a bunch of corrupt bastards like that. One's integrety should always be put above a job. Otherwise your integrety becomes as low as theirs.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polysuck
New User

Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2006 at 9:41pm
I think someone else had this handle...i received an error telling me it was taken, but it let me log in with the "new" password.

we all know blacklisting is illegal....but hell, how could you prove it?  there is ALWAYS someone "more qualified" for whatever reason, and that's their out.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 12:38am
Polysuck

My point exactly. You know they are breaking the law, being dishonest, etc., etc., so why would you want to lower your integrety by working from them.

It is EVERY LEO's duty to report or otherwise expose dishonesty, corruption, malpractice, etc., where ever he detects it even (especially)within his own department. If he doesn't, then his integrety and honesty in equal to to the ones committing the wrong doings. I assure you if I was a LEO and had evidense of polygraph blacklisting, or any other crime within my department, I would sing like a bird. Then I would rewind and apply harmony to the song. That's integrety, Bud.

IP Logged

what happens next?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X