Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) CVSA First time taker experience (Read 106277 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box z28camaro407
New User

CVSA First time taker experience
Feb 23rd, 2006 at 2:29am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
8) Well hello my fellow Polygraph/ CVSA skeptics, this afternoon I took my CVSA for a local agency. Let first start off by saying it was the the biggest waste of an hour in my life. I studied CM a while back antcipating either a polygraph exam or CVSA. Well I got there at 1pm showed up early in a  suit and tie. I was greated by a Conman by the name of Detective %^&%$. So we go into a standard office nothing special no two way mirrors nothing, he places a tape recorder and tells me i am being recorded.He gives me the whole intro about how accurate the test is 100% according to him, and IT WILL DETECT DECEPTION there is no way around that he says, if you have taken the test and used  CM you know in the back of your mind you are laughing it up..Well anyways he quotes a scene from a movie which i wasnt paying attention I was thinking about sex with my girlfriend for some reason MMMMM happy thoughts. He then takes my pre exam packet with all the questions that he would ask me. Mind you i filled the packet out with a few minor incidents form High School that was it. Well he goes over all the questions twice without the .50 cent microphone attached. I look him right in the eyes and answered the questions. Ok now he says he ready for the test he then says he has to calibrate the machine HAHAHA i really think he was playing solitare or something. 3 minutes later he then says clip this microphone onto your collar ok with a smile. He then goes over what relevant and irrelevant questions are. He says i am going to ask you to lie on 2 questions i frogot what they were because they were so retarded. Ok now the test of all test scary huh not a bit. He goes over all the questions like 20 or so relevant question then his lie questions i used the breathing CM the whole time. Bingo bango we got over the first series of questions now he goes into the second series of the same questions YEP-EEEEE during those questions he never re asked a question not once. After that he stops i was just waiting for him to falsely pull a question out and acuse me of some deception...NOPE never happened he infomred me to take the mic off and he went on about his military career or something. No post interview or anything he walked me out of the office and shook my handI thamked him didnt ask him how i did or ne thing.. So it was a very exciting experience CONING-THE CON MAN. the whole time during the test my mind was elsewhere except on the question and i will tell you that I was not 100% truthfull with the NAZI examiner. So everything worked as describebd just go in there and clear you mind, just as quoted on this website think of what you are going to do this week..CVSA what a joke I was actually excited to take the test i was all smiles dirving there because i was an armed individual. So if you all have any questions i have no problem answering them.  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Re: CVSA First time taker experience
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 11:21am
Z28,

I found this post to be the most entertaining I have read in a long time. Knowlege is power and the CVSA and Polygraph communities hate this fact.  Good going and good luck. And yet another satisfied customer !!!  Wink  

Regards  ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box z28camaro407
New User

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 8:22pm
Thanks knowledge is def. power, and i went in there armed as too anyone else who takes this joke of a test. It was a stand up comedy act as it was going on the whole test i was just laughing in my mind which made things at ease. Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box newcomer
New User

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 7:22am
Wish I could say the same about my experience.  I was told I was deceptive and had to sweat it out for two weeks.   

I still got hired, go figure.

Way to go!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box vingotti
New User

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 6:26pm
I just took my first CVSA the other day.  I was nervouse as hell but had a good feeling from all the info and stories I read about on here. I passed and got the job.  I could tell it was all a big act.  especially when they said they had to send my results off to the manufactorer to intrepret.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wannabajbad
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:09am
vingotti, i am scheduled to take my cvsa for deputy sheriff soon. i purchased "the lie..." a couple of weeks ago and have been studying it. did you use cm from it? also, one of the things i'm most confused about is how do you time your breathing in accordance to their questioning? in other words, if im supposed to breath naturally, relax and exhale just after saying "no" or "yes",  i would have to time it perfectly in order for the examiner not to notice cm's. when i inhale if he isn't finished asking the question i must exhale - and vice versa. or am i thinking too much into this? i was just curious because i imagined myself taking the test, breathing naturally, and not being able to answer because my breathing was not in accordance to his delivery of Q's. can anyone help clarify this cm?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box koban4max
New User

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:37am
Quote:
vingotti, i am scheduled to take my cvsa for deputy sheriff soon. i purchased "the lie..." a couple of weeks ago and have been studying it. did you use cm from it? also, one of the things i'm most confused about is how do you time your breathing in accordance to their questioning? in other words, if im supposed to breath naturally, relax and exhale just after saying "no" or "yes",  i would have to time it perfectly in order for the examiner not to notice cm's. when i inhale if he isn't finished asking the question i must exhale - and vice versa. or am i thinking too much into this? i was just curious because i imagined myself taking the test, breathing naturally, and not being able to answer because my breathing was not in accordance to his delivery of Q's. can anyone help clarify this cm?

Trust me... when you don't give a shit.. you pass...
trust me on this.  WHy? Because it's really about nervous ness... nothing more...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2007 at 2:55pm
Possibly the 'retard' questions were formulated to suit the subject. (You)
There is no breathing Countermeasure for VSA - 
Did you have pneumotubes around your upper body? NO.
Dumbster.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dizz
New User

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2007 at 11:03pm
I actually have to take this cvsa in two days, can you give me any advice? I keep trying to rehearse my answers with my girlfriend, but she thinks that my answers are to robotic!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2007 at 11:48pm
Dizz,

First off relax and fully realize that the CVSA is even more worthless than a polygraph. The polygraph actually can measure physiological functions. That being said,  spend some time on this website and read the CVSA area message board. You will see the results of how to beat it. Download, "The Lie Behind The Lie Detector", and read chapters 3 & 4. It may concern the polygraph, but the same principle persists with the CVSA, it only works if you believe or can be conned into believing it works. The whole thing is nothing more than a psych job to get you to admit something, either real or even made up.  Good luck

Regards ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2007 at 3:38pm
dizz wrote on Jun 6th, 2007 at 11:03pm:
I actually have to take this cvsa in two days, can you give me any advice? I keep trying to rehearse my answers with my girlfriend, but she thinks that my answers are to robotic!

The only known CM's against CVSA are Psychological CM's. Albeit just another
misused and abused technology - it is difficult to impress the A-hole examiner
that you are a person of integrity. Best method is to be friendly, polite and quickly establish good rapport with the examiner. Become his NBF - after all,
one doesn't penalise yr friends....hopefully.

Or try screwing with his head. Tell him you've just recovered from acute laryngitis and it your throat is still sore and tender inside, so you're apologising upfront if you cough or choke. At odd times, when you respond (Yes / No )
do a choking-cough as you answer, followed by "sorry" - he'll get p'd off and
send you on your way with with a Green Tick.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box usmarines84

Reply #11 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 8:59pm
Be honest with you answers and you will get hired.  Nobody is perfect, and they are not looking for people that are perfect.  They want people with integrity and the ability to learn from past mistakes.  If you are responsible and respectful, then you are honest and forthright. If I was an employer, I would rather know I have hired someone less then perfect that is honest, then someone who comes across as too perfect and is deceitful.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Higgs Bosson

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 2:07am
I'm taking the test tomorrow and have passed the polygraph using mental focus and understanding the purpose of the test questions. I use a music and mental focus to null my lie and force a nervous idea to the test lie.
Now I will also include vocal excersizing my tone as I answere in the yesy and no. Singing is an advantage. But the bottom line is to be calm and in control the whole time. Don't listen to the expected scare tactacts they all use. Nothing is 100% with lie dectecting. They know it and what you to react to the fear of lieing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box shodan

Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2014 at 7:30pm
I just completed this test and I must say, it kinda sucked. I KNOW I have never stolen merchandise or anything else from any one else. Not to mention the tester says I have had multiple domestic abuse situations along with having a illegal or controlled substance in my posession. 
After rewording his questions we went through the questions two more times then with the machine once again.
My throat was dry from being interrogated four and a half to five hours with which I struggled.
Then he says, well I will put in good words from the prequestion interview and the p.I. still will need to do his own investigation.
I guess he accomplished ruffling my feathers a bit.
I'll just wait for the call. Undecided

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dennis w seifner

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 5:04am
I had to take one, yeah just like you said down to the tee. But my guest on is they said they had to send if off to a third party to be read also but I waited an waited for nearly 8 weeks or longer it seemed. An they said I didn't pass. Can they mess with it to read what ever they want it to say? Or however beings it's a joke. I think that they are just trying to push to nail people so they can make more money off of us?

IP Logged

CVSA First time taker experience

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X