Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) DoDPI Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test (Read 41883 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: DoDPI Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test
Reply #15 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 5:46am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:

You people are too stupid for words, but here is your "source".  http://www.brainwavescience.com/DrewBio.php

Temper, temper now Mr. Guest.  All I asked for was a credible source that showed Dr. Richardson was trying to discredit the polygraph in order to "sell everyone his new miracle machine" (your words).  Your "source" does nothing to back up this claim.   

Could it be that Dr. Richardson is possibly a man of integrity, that saw the polygraph for what it really is?  If you think his challenge is bogus, then why don't you step up to the plate, and call his bluff?  Just think......you could represent the entire polygraph community, and really put people like that pesky George and Dr. Richardson in their place.  With your hyper-accurate methods of detecting countermeasures, you could really embarass George, and shut down this damn site once and for all!!!  DODPI would be so proud of you that they would probably erect a bronze statue (just like Rocky in Philly) in front of "The Institute."  You would be .................immortal!!!

Too stupid for words?  Try putting a few "words" together in a coherent sentence that actually contributes to the discussion, instead of bashing another person's integrity.  If you have proof of the polygraph's accuracy, and of those hyper-accurate countermeasure detecting methods, please post them here.  I would love to see the scientific evidence. 

Thanks.

Kona   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #16 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 6:13am
I think the fact that Drew is the point man on the new magic "lie detector" is a very good motive for him to discredit the polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box doud13299
New User

Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 6:56am
Nice find George! I have tried to print the DoDPI-LEPET but have been unable to. My computer freezes everytime I try to print. Help!

Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 7:23am
doud13299 wrote on Mar 7th, 2004 at 6:56am:
Nice find George! I have tried to print the DoDPI-LEPET but have been unable to. My computer freezes everytime I try to print. Help!

Thanks.

doud,

The document is a scanned graphics image which is printer memory resource intensive. You might try changing some of the printer settings. Consider draft mode. What printer, OS, and system memory are you running?

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 4:00pm
Doud13299 and others,

You are quite correct to categorize George’s find (the DoDPI Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test (http://www.antipolygraph.org/documents/dodpi-lepet.pdf)) as nice…it is quite nice indeed.  In fact, I believe it is the first thing any reader coming to this site should read.  I say that not inasmuch as it provides the background and the solution(s) to the problems and challenges raised within the document (The Lie Behind the Lie Detector (TLBLD) does that quite nicely), but no other polygraph document or text that I have seen in a public forum quite as clearly and succinctly and from the horse’s own mouth (and horse’s perspective) lays out the lies (not only the lies but the instruction on how and when to lie and/or mislead and misinform), misrepresentations, and the script for what you will see in your polygraph examination.  This is an absolute must read for all who will face a law enforcement polygraph screening examination and contains a ready-made case for why these sorts of examinations should be ended .  

As was pointed out in a previous message board post, the appendices of this document quite nicely provide for you the sequences of questions that you will (perhaps "would have" to the extent it can be modified) see in the two major types of screening examinations performed and in particular provide you with the labeled control/comparison questions (and alternative comparison questions contained in a separate appendix) that you will augment responses to via methods described in TLBLD.  I can not recommend too strongly for a reader anticipating being a polygraph examinee this document for your careful attention.  Furthermore I would recommend to George, Gino and others who have the ability to widely disseminate this material that it be put (with any copyright protections in mind) in as accessible a format as possible for readers to download and dissect (perhaps making the individual appendices one page html handouts/mail-outs/posters?).  Great work, George!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Barry_P.
New User

Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 6:32pm
I liked the book, easy to understand.  Unfortunately, I think it is out of date or maybe is not the real thing or is some hoax.  I took a pre-employ poly last week for federal job and it was not too helpful - questions were totally differently worded and i did not get the sense it was the same test at all....so I just stuck with the countermeasures when i i.d.'d controls.  Not sure if it worked but am supposed to hear something soon.  Lie behind book is the best.  Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #21 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 7:22pm
Barry P.,

How did your pre-employment polygraph examination differ from that which is described in DoDPI's Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test document?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Barry P

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 9:05pm
Hi

It was a long test.  I thought it would be just like the book but that was not true-the guy said they dont care about cheating and the book said that was a big deal, the guy said they don't care if i respond a few times to any question, only if it is every question, they said they changed their preemployment test all the time and especially because of 9/11, they said nothing about lieing when i was younger.  The questions about controls were different and i did not recognize the other questions at all.  Maybe I got a different test but that book should have been closer.  Your book was better.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Policeman

Reply #23 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 5:21pm
Not long ago, I was told about this web site and did visit it a couple of times before I took my test. To be perfectly objective, I think I need to talk about my experience.  My examiner (I applied for a job with a police department in the Eastern US) was a retired government examiner and had been on this police department for a number of years.  Although I was skeptical, I had done some soul searching and made up my mind that I was going to be truthful and not do anything that would screw up my chances.  I told the examiner of a couple of "youthful indescretions" and even expressed to him that I was concerned that these lapses would disqualify me.  He asked me if I was still doing these things (they involved alcohol and marijuana) and I told him no (which was a truthful answer).  We talked for about an hour and actually I felt pretty comfortable about the process, even though I felt bad about telling him about the things I had done and was sure it was going to cause problems.  Well, guess what?...It did not.  The examiner was very professional, he went over all of the questions with me, I never felt that I was being tricked, although I did not quite understand the business with the numbers test. He started any question about my background with "Besides what we talked about" and I knew that I had told him everything I had done, but explained to him that I always wanted to be a police officer.  He did comment that it was unusual for someone to talk about their past like I did, but said he was glad I did.  Anyway, I have passed the test and am now about to start my career as a police officer.  I just wanted others to know that because it isn't hopeless.  I get that impression when I read what some people say here, but it just wasn't the case with me.  I wish others could have the experience I did. I for one am glad that I took the test as I planned to and I am certain that the test works just like the examiner told me it would.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Policeman
New User

Reply #24 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 5:30pm
Not long ago, I was told about this web site and did visit it a couple of times before I took my test. To be perfectly objective, I think I need to talk about my experience.  My examiner (I applied for a job with a police department in the Eastern US) was a retired government examiner and had been on this police department for a number of years.  Although I was skeptical, I had done some soul searching and made up my mind that I was going to be truthful and not do anything that would screw up my chances.  I told the examiner of a couple of "youthful indescretions" and even expressed to him that I was concerned that these lapses would disqualify me.  He asked me if I was still doing these things (they involved alcohol and marijuana) and I told him no (which was a truthful answer).  We talked for about an hour and actually I felt pretty comfortable about the process, even though I felt bad about telling him about the things I had done and was sure it was going to cause problems.  Well, guess what?...It did not.  The examiner was very professional, he went over all of the questions with me, I never felt that I was being tricked, although I did not quite understand the business with the numbers test. He started any question about my background with "Besides what we talked about" and I knew that I had told him everything I had done, but explained to him that I always wanted to be a police officer.  He did comment that it was unusual for someone to talk about their past like I did, but said he was glad I did.  Anyway, I have passed the test and am now about to start my career as a police officer.  I just wanted others to know that because it isn't hopeless.  I get that impression when I read what some people say here, but it just wasn't the case with me.  I wish others could have the experience I did. I for one am glad that I took the test as I planned to and I am certain that the test works just like the examiner told me it would.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #25 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 6:27pm
It should be noted that "Policeman's" first message in this thread was posted from an IP address that resolves to "webcache.jackson.army.mil."

Fort Jackson, South Carolina is the home of the Department of Defense Polygraph Institute.

Policeman's posting, in which he concludes, "I am certain that the test works just like the examiner told me it would" seems likely to be a forgery posted by a polygrapher at DoDPI.

-- AntiPolygraph.org Administrator

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #26 - Mar 11th, 2004 at 9:09am
Quote:
Hi

It was a long test.  I thought it would be just like the book but that was not true-the guy said they dont care about cheating and the book said that was a big deal, the guy said they don't care if i respond a few times to any question, only if it is every question, they said they changed their preemployment test all the time and especially because of 9/11, they said nothing about lieing when i was younger.  The questions about controls were different and i did not recognize the other questions at all.  Maybe I got a different test but that book should have been closer.  Your book was better.

Barry P,

Actually, that which is stated in DoDPI's Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test (LEPET) document is consistent with that which is stated in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

Your polygrapher's assertion that "they changed their preemployment test all the time and especially because of 9/11" is a lie. Although minor details like question order, or the precise wording of questions, may vary to some extent, CQT polygraphy has not undergone any significant change in decades.

In addition, your earlier suggestion that the DoDPI LEPET document "is out of date or maybe is not the real thing or is some hoax" is unfounded. The document is not out of date. It is quite current (January 2002), and was received from an unimpeachable source. It is my understanding that the public release of this document has created quite a stir in the polygraph community.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #27 - Mar 16th, 2004 at 4:28pm
Quote:
Policeman's posting, in which he concludes, "I am certain that the test works just like the examiner told me it would" seems likely to be a forgery posted by a polygrapher at DoDPI.

Not surprising that a polygrapher would lie, is it ??? 
And just as typical that a polygrapher would not have the smarts to engage in a little proxy-jumping to cover their tracks so they aren't discovered.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #28 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 5:45am
Gee, Mr. Policeman, can you explain why so many people swear up and down they told the truth but were found to be deceptive? Are you that much of a Pollyanna about other things in life? And is it true you're probably an E-5 military policeman polygrapher-wannabe?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box amazedxx1

Reply #29 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 11:52pm
Yes, Good Work George.

I am sure you have much to be proud in making public a good exam such as LEPET.  However, I have faith in the those who strive to do the right thing and stay one step ahead of your infectious anger.  Yes, that is right.  You have anger that became infectious as tuberculosis.  Instead of turning your energies to better things, you created something distorted and evil.  I am sure you sleep well at night...

My faith lies with the good guys....am sure you remember when you were one?  Follow the yellow brick road back to humanity, George, and leave the good doers alone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
DoDPI Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X