Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 60% CT State Police Polygraph Failure Rate! (Read 64261 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Re: 60% CT State Police Polygraph Failure Rate!
Reply #30 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 6:11am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
MrAugust wrote on Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:47pm:
The last 2 responses are just typical of how a lot of you folks think (and debate).

I just answered the question and explained why I believe it's accurate, and since there's no valid response the best thing to do is flame.

Polyfool why do YOU waste YOUR time on this site ?  That's the real question.  I'm dealing with a real time issue here while you are apparently dealing with some false positive bitterness that you're going to take out on every single person who dares to show you the truth.

Mr. August,

Another polygraph examiner asked me the very same thing several months ago. I'll tell you the same thing I told him. I do not consider the time I spend on this site a waste. I believe it's time well spent in helping to educate others about the myths surrounding the polygraph. Just in the nine months or so that I have been aware of the site, I've noticed the number of guests and registered users growing--a very good sign, indeed. That means more and more people are becoming aware of the polygraph's shortcomings. I use every chance I get to help spread the word about how polygraphs don't really work and warn others to NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES submit to one. I'm satisfied when they tell me how they've passed the message along to others.      

It would be fair to say that prior to taking a polygraph, I had much more faith in them than the average person. The idea of taking one seemed cool to me and I thought the experience would be a neat one. I possessed very little knowledge about polygraphs and had never even heard the word countermeasures before. Those circumstances did very little for me in the way of accuracy as I told the truth and failed like many other posters on this site. 

Your ASSumption that I am bitter couldn't be farther from the truth. My polygraph failure was actually a blessing in disguise and I don't regret that it prevented me from making a mistake. What I do regret is that I foolishly consented to something I knew nothing about. I hate the fact that what happened to me continues to happen to others and that  a test that doesn't work is eliminating skilled, quality employees from the government workforce at taxpayer expense.   

The only person who is bitter and overemotional around here is you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #31 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 8:41am
Twoblock wrote on Nov 29th, 2005 at 8:19pm:
mustbaliar

MrAugust writes like Mercible. Not completely condeming, yet, but trolling just enough to draw responses. He mentions debate but he hasn't offered anything about the polygraph to debate. Could be him with a different ISP.

Twoblock,

You noticed the similarity too .... hmmm !!!

Check my earlier posts ......  Only Administrator can tell  us if this is a known TCP/IP address. Unless he comes in under an anonymous domain.

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box applicant 2b

Reply #32 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 1:48am
So they don't care if you did stuff when you were 10 and didn't really kno better?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #33 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 10:57am
Quote:
So they don't care if you did stuff when you were 10 and didn't really kno better?

Call the person in the State Police who is handling your background check and ask them about the incident or incidents to which you are referring.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lethe
Very Senior User

Reply #34 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 3:46am
One major point to remember in all of this is this: there has never been any evidence that pre-employment screenings create a better workforce.  The only people these exams can be said to be helping are the polygraphers themselves, vampires on society.

Furthermore, they're not particularly concerned that there's no evidence that they're actually helping others.  All they care about is helping themselves, so who cares if it works?   

[url=-https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1233987559]Here[/url] I describe some very simple (and cheap) ways they could demonstrate that they are doing some good.  They won't do it; they're evil.

Is former APA President Skip Webb evil or just stupid?

Is former APA President Ed Gelb an idiot or does the polygraph just not work?

Did you know that polygrapher Sackett doesn't care about detecting deception to relevant questions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #35 - May 2nd, 2009 at 10:10pm
polyfool wrote on Nov 30th, 2005 at 6:11am:
Just in the nine months or so that I have been aware of the site, I've noticed the number of guests and registered users growing--a very good sign, indeed. That means more and more people are becoming aware of the polygraph's shortcomings.

Actually, it more likely means that polygraph use is increasing, and as a result there are more people coming on this website and others like it, where they receive poor advice from self-portrayed "experts" who have never had any practical experience whatsoever in conducting polygraph exams. The "anti-" crew on this website consists of a few people who failed the polygraph and then came on this website where they found like-minded individuals, all of whom also have no experience whatsover. That's the more likely story.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rachel

Reply #36 - May 24th, 2012 at 3:51am
My favorite part of the whole "polygraph" bull shit...which is exactly what it is..is that the crazier you are..or the bigger liar you are..the better your chances are of passing it..as long as you believe yourself then you will not be nervous enough to fail the test...My biggest questions are..did any of our troops who fought for us ever have to take a poly to enter the military?? NOPE...did our President of the united states ever take one to get into office...NOPE...Do our teachers who work with our young innocent children have to take them...NOPE...so what exactly is the point of making some one willing to put themselves in danger everyday to protect a community have to pass it....a test that isn't even accurate!!  Doesn't make sense to me!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
60% CT State Police Polygraph Failure Rate!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X