Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Las Vegas Metro's poly (Read 99397 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box suethem
Very Senior User

Re: Las Vegas Metro's poly
Reply #75 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 4:32am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Pam,

The polygraph is in charge of hiring at LVPD!!

Thanks for the addition to the list of shame. I will add the name if there is still room left.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymouse

Reply #76 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 6:11pm
speaking of polygraphers f'ing up:

NEW ORLEANS-- The Orleans Parish district attorney's office announced Thursday that it is dismissing all cases in which two police officers -- who are indicted on corruption charges -- had a principal role.

NOPD use the polygraph as a pre-emloyment screening tool-- nice work fellas, you gave the green light toa  couple of real winners there.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymouse

Reply #77 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 6:26pm
HOUSTON— Five police officers charged with taking money from cantina owners in exchange for protection and forewarning of enforcement have been dismissed for allegedly failing to cooperate in a subsequent internal affairs investigation.

Nicw work polyboys!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #78 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 11:54pm
This is off the topic of the LVMP poly program but bears some weight to the topic discussed here.

Here in Calgary, Canada the fire department has hastily implemented the poly as a pre-employment step because one firefighter was caught and charged with running a prostitution ring out of his massage parlor.

And the fire department thinks the poly is going to help prevent this sort of thing!!  LOL

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box suethem
Very Senior User

Reply #79 - Jan 10th, 2004 at 6:39am
Go figure that the police department whose crime lab is the worst  in the country uses the polygraph as a hiring tool.

Corrupt cops and a lab that frames innocent people.  I am glad that I don't live in Houston!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Vegas

Reply #80 - Feb 1st, 2004 at 9:46am
I took my LVMPD poly this past week.  I don't know how it went, but I feel pretty good about it.  I was asked what I know about the polygraph.  I said absolutely nothing.  If the guy only knew that I was calling his every next move.  I was talking to a guy who was taking his the same day as me and he said he was not a bit worried about his polygraph as he winked at me.  I'm not sure what he meant by that.  This is what I find amusing; so many people are learning of ways to learn about and beat the exams, I don't know why they are even used anymore.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jewel

Reply #81 - Feb 5th, 2004 at 4:22am
I took my LVMPD poly last week, and I'm not sure how it went.  I was not given a result, and I didn't want to ask.  I spoke to another candidate who was taking his poly that same day and he told me that he was not worried about it in the least bit, as he smiled and winked at me.  I got the feeling that he had prepared himself for the test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box n0mad
User

Reply #82 - Feb 5th, 2004 at 6:14pm
Those two posts were freakishly similar.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box vegas

Reply #83 - Feb 5th, 2004 at 6:50pm
Nomad, those posts were both mine.  The first time I wrote it, my browser displayed a strange page.  Later when I tried to view it on the message board, it didn't appear.  In return, I posted roughly the same thing under a different name.  Sorry for the confusion.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lexington

Reply #84 - Feb 23rd, 2004 at 5:42pm
I find this information about LVMPD to  be utterly disgusting.  Assuming all of this information is true, which I believe it is because I did a search on Yahoo regarding a few of the mentioned officers and the facts were there, LVMPD is one lousy department.  One could argue different points about the good qualities of the department, however, nothing can be said to make up for the poor choices they have made in hiring officers.  This many corrupt cops cannot be justified.  The sad part is, the ones mentioned on this post are ones  that were made public.  I can't imagine how much goes on that never makes its way to the press.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tim

Reply #85 - Mar 21st, 2004 at 1:56am
I concur.  The LVMPD cannot justify its history of bad cops.  I've seen several of them acting completely out of control at night clubs before.  Embarrassing to the department if you ask me, however, it's their own fault.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PAQ
User

Reply #86 - May 10th, 2004 at 4:59pm
Well I think it's time that thier few good cops got some much needed help. Does anyone know when their testing dates are?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Reply #87 - May 10th, 2004 at 10:48pm
PAQ, 

Obviously you have a computer, so why don't you just go to their website at www.lvmpd.com and find out for yourself?! 

Good luck,

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PAQ
User

Reply #88 - May 12th, 2004 at 2:33am
Man, I didn't know you could get your head bite off online. Everyone was talking about Vegas metro, so I just asked a question KONA. Man talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. But thank you very much for the info. Please tonight try and get some much needed rest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Reply #89 - May 12th, 2004 at 3:18am
PAQ wrote on May 12th, 2004 at 2:33am:
Man, I didn't know you could get your head bite off online. Everyone was talking about Vegas metro, so I just asked a question KONA.

PAQ,

In the time that it took you to type those two sentences, you could have gone to the LVMPD website (with the link that I provided) and found the answer to your question, plus a myriad of other information for the prospective police officer recruit.   

Maybe what I'm saying here is that you could have answered your own question if you had taken 30 seconds to research it, instead of wasting people's time asking questions that you could EASILY look up yourself.   

PAQ wrote on May 12th, 2004 at 2:33am:
But thank you very much for the info.

You're welcome.  You might want to use www.google.com as a search engine for any future quesitions concerning a specific police agency.   

Kona

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Las Vegas Metro's poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X