Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Al-Qaeda Documentation on Lie Detection (Read 61696 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box simon

Re: Al-Qaeda Documentation on Lie Detection
Reply #45 - Nov 23rd, 2002 at 5:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

In reference to the manual on the U.S. Department of Justice webiste.
I did not look at Mawsu'at al-jihad, it is probably in arabic.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box simon

Reply #46 - Nov 23rd, 2002 at 6:09am

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #47 - Nov 23rd, 2002 at 7:20am

Quote:

Thanks, Simon!

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box A Foreign View

Reply #48 - Nov 24th, 2002 at 10:02pm
I came by your board by accident, and have sat in my office enthralled by the discussion rather than getting on my with work.  I am not a US citizen, I am Scottish, but am still intrigued by the comments of your supposed 'Patriots'.

To accuse George W. Maschke of treason for publishing an English language version of the advice given to foreign terrorists is hardly reasonable or logical.  Fevered nonsense such as this only serves to diminish the credibility of the accusers.  It is quite, quite clear that the pro-polygraph lobby feel they have some inalienable right to the moral high-ground of patriotism.  Bunkum.   

I note that no-one has stated precisely why this publication would assist any enemy, although it is obvious why its publication would irk those who have some personal, professional or pecuiary interest in the continued use of this obviously medieval technology.  You should all note that I say this is someone who has no vested interest at all in the effectiveneess of polygraphy.   

From my detached position I would have to say that those who wish to caution against reliance on a method of intelligence gathering which the enemy can, quite clearly, use to its own advantage, are the true patriots.   

It may interest you to know that polygraph tests are held in as much esteem in the UK as stage magic and miracle cures.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #49 - Nov 24th, 2002 at 10:10pm

Quote:

To accuse George W. Maschke of treason for publishing an English language version of the advice given to foreign terrorists is hardly reasonable or logical.  Fevered nonsense such as this only serves to diminish the credibility of the accusers.  It is quite, quite clear that the pro-polygraph lobby feel they have some inalienable right to the moral high-ground of patriotism.  Bunkum.  

Indeed -- well-put.  It is instructive that the polygraph lobby, which so frequently claims the information in TLBTLD is bogus, claimed "treason" when translated versions of al Qaeda's information on the polygraph were posted -- information that, in part, agrees with that in TLBTLD.  If bogus, then al Qaeda's information must be useless.  Clearly, whatever value the polygraph had has been compromised, yet these proponents would prefer to do away with the evidence.

Thanks for the perspective.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gordon H. Barland
Senior User

Reply #50 - Sep 21st, 2003 at 4:12pm
George,

On Nov 18, 2002 you wrote:

"I suggest that concerned individuals consult the U.S. Department of Justice (which has published a much more extensive translation of an Al-Qaeda Training Manual)."

I am interested in reading their countermeasure advice.  Can you tell me more precisely where I can obtain a copy.  I wasn't able to locate it through Google.

There are many things we disagree on, but I'm with you regarding the value of knowing what Al-Qaeda teaches.

Peace.

Gordon

Gordon H. Barland
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #51 - Sep 22nd, 2003 at 7:40am
Gordon,

The post to which you referred includes a hyperlink to the translation of an Al-Qaeda published on-line by the U.S. Department of State.

This document does not, however, address polygraph countermeasures. I mentioned that the State Department had published a translated Al-Qaeda training manual in response to the suggestion by some polygraph supporters that our publication of a translation of an excerpt on lie detection from an Al-Qaeda training manual somehow constituted treason or aiding the enemy.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CronicArt
New User

Reply #52 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 9:00am
This is an old topic but I can't resist on a comment.

When one converts to islam it is required that said individual must learn to read, write, and speak arabic. More so for the extremist. To be a true follower of islam one must be fluent in the language of Muhammad and Allah. When one converts they must be schooled to understand the true meanings of the Qur'an.

Same as when one converts to Judaism. Traditionally one must attend hebrew school to learn the language of the Tora, the profits, and of God.

With that being said, posting any translation would not be harmful in any way. These are things that are common knowledge to a jihadist. If anything it has educated the non-arabic speaking american to what these extremist are being taught.

Just my .02 cents

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Al-Qaeda Documentation on Lie Detection

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X