Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) NSA Denies FOIA Fee Waiver, Demands Pre-Payment (Read 22266 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Re: NSA Denies FOIA Fee Waiver, Demands Pre-Paymen
Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2003 at 9:47pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Question.. what exactly is the NSA saying here??  Are they admitting that the charts themselves are useless? 

6.  Use of Polygraph Examination Results:

a.  Any final administrative determinations rendered in cases 
in which a polygraph examination is taken shall not be based on the results of 
an analysis of the polygraph charts.

This kills me too.

ANNEX C

e.  The polygraph instrument shall not be utilized as a 
psychological prop in conducting interrogations.

If they can't rely on the charts and can't use the machine for its intended purpose then why are they paying examiners to perform pre-employment polys?

Another laugh.         

5.  Public Demonstrations.  Polygraph examiners shall not participate 
in any public demonstration of the polygraph technique that includes a mock 
test in which there is an attempt to interpret the results of the test.  This 
does not preclude a public demonstration to show the physiological changes that 
take place during emotional stimulation, provided no attempt is made to 
interpret the changes and no unfounded claims of application or reliability are 
made.  Only polygraph examiners certified under the provisions of Annex C of 
this Regulation may be used as instructors, lecturers, or demonstrators of the 
polygraph.

They are only allowed to show us poor lay people how the fancy machine charts BP and heart rate.  I can go to any corner drug store and get the same show for free! 

Sounds like the NSA knows its limitations as a way of measuring physiological changes only.  Yet they contravene their own policy when interrogating someone after the test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 2:01am
CC

You've got to get a life.  If you're resorting to reading some boring crap produced by the NSA.  Go moose hunting or salmon fishing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 2:47am
LOL  I need this site to pass the time at work.  Additionally I have a personal interest in this debate as I was "screwed" without even a kiss first by one of you so called professional polygraphers.

PS  I love to moose hunt and salmon fishing is out of the question as I am landlocked here in good old Alberta!

Saidme, I take it you are a municipal cop turned polygrapher that is excluded from abiding by the "boring crap" rules as "mandated" by the NSA?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 4:12am
CC

I would love to go moose hunting and salmon fishing.  I love salmon.  Grew up bird hunting so it's hard to shake.  Don't know your personal circumstances on your polygraph so I can't comment.  And once again CC you're wrong.  I am a federal examiner, just not an NSA examiner.  I do have acquaintances who are NSA examiner's and I find them to be quite competent and skilled at what they do.  In fact I would match their program with just about anyone's in the federal government.  Their screening exams just aren't my cup of tea.

IP Logged

NSA Denies FOIA Fee Waiver, Demands Pre-Payment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X