Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS? (Read 44393 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box APE_HANGERS
New User

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?
May 31st, 2002 at 1:15am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does anyone know the standard time to get poly results from a P.D.?  I took the test 10 days ago and still nothing.  Believe it or not, the guy that did my test was VERY cool.  I stll kept my guard up.  All the questions I answered were "no" questions and not very invasive.  My heart was POUNDING the whole time, but he said as long as it didn't change while going through the questions 2 times, it was fine.  At the end he said "you souldn't have any problems", and "good luck throught the rest of the procedure"..  Now, why has it taken this long and no word from the P.D.?  Do they have someone else look at the results?  Do the view it with a microscope, pick it apart?  Any info would really help

Thank
APE HANGERS

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box DEPUTY BEAR
New User

Re: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2002 at 5:26am
It sounds like to me you did fine. Usually if there are any problems they will conduct a post test interview. They will ask you questions like do you have anything you want to get off your chest or on this question what were you thinking. In addition the comment "good luck... and you shouldn't have any problems..." is a very good sign. Sometimes if you have problems they will come right out and tell you that you failed. They can even get mean. Perhaps they are continuing with their process or just waiting to set up the interview date so all applicants can be processed together. It also depends on the size of the PD. Large cities take longer to do things. I live in a small town @100,000 and the whole process took about six months. Have they finished your background? They could be working on it. Just have patience, it sounds like your golden

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box thingone

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 1:51pm
I just took my polygraph & im confused on whether or not I passed. I swear my heart rate went up as soon as the guy opened his mouth for each question, but I was being honest. 

Afterwards, he didn't ask any further questions but said he couldn't tell me if I passed or failed. He said that the new batch of officers start in about a week so I should hear something back sometime before. & that he still has to grade my charts. Don't they know right away if you passed or failed? He also said that no news is good news. Idk, he would say something to make me think I passed but then would say something else making it seem like I may have failed?

What usually happens immediately after a polygraph if you failed? Do they ask more questions? & if they need to print & grade/score your charts, is that a bad sign?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Thingone,

I think you are okay. Let us know what happens.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Psycho Physiologist
New User

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 5:10am
Here it can take up to a month to get polygraph results. The whole process (from time of application to date of hire) can take up to 1.5 years. Plus another 6 months in the academy. It took a lot of people 2 years from the time they applied to actually going out on patrol.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:29pm
Quote:
Don't they know right away if you passed or failed? He also said that no news is good news.

I think that this sentence just about says it all, when it comes to sweating out the results of a BI and a hiring decision! Wink

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:33pm
DEPUTY BEAR wrote on May 31st, 2002 at 5:26am:
Have they finished your background? They could be working on it. Just have patience, it sounds like your golden

Yes, at least in the case of the feds, it's that BI which is often the most time-consuming and agonizing phase of the lengthy application process! Cool

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Ex Member wrote on Jan 17th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
Thingone,

I think you are okay. Let us know what happens.

I would concur with that assessment.  It's the BI that's the critical phase of the process! Cool

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box van

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 6:48pm
i took my polygraph a month ago today. How long does it take to get my results to further my process in CPD? would they give me a call? email or both? i keep checking my phone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 7:15pm
I don't know how long CPD (Chicago Police Department?) typically takes to notify applicants of results, but if one fails, one usually is told that right then and there in the polygraph suite, and then subjected to a "post-test" interrogation.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Siya

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:17am
I took test last week Tuesday when would they knw the result

Voice_002_sd_001.m4a ( 389 KB | 266 Downloads )

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 11:52am
Siya,

Your polygraph charts will have been scored while you were still present for the "test." Had you "failed," it would have been standard practice to confront you with the results then and there, and to interrogate you in hopes of getting an admission or confession.

If you weren't told that you failed during the polygraph session, that is a strong indication that you probably passed.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box crys

Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 1:59pm
any update? how soon did they contact u in reference to your results?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Xolani

Reply #13 - Aug 19th, 2021 at 12:16pm
Good day

I needed to know for how long do you have to wait for your polygraph test results as i did mine on Monday the 16 of August 2021 and according to them i was told that they will get back to me in two days and now it's the 3rd day and the person that was doing a polygraph test with me asked me at the end that 'How i think i did'.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RobbieG
New User

Reply #14 - Aug 20th, 2021 at 5:28pm
Quote:
Good day

I needed to know for how long do you have to wait for your polygraph test results as i did mine on Monday the 16 of August 2021 and according to them i was told that they will get back to me in two days and now it's the 3rd day and the person that was doing a polygraph test with me asked me at the end that 'How i think i did'.

I can only answer your question based on personal experience. That being said, there is no standard waiting time to receive your "test" results. In local police departments here, the polygraph shaman forms some kind of initial opinion, and then the charts are scrutinized by his supervisor, who makes a final determination and decides whether you get to proceed in the application process. 

You'll never really know for sure whether you passed the "test." The interpretation of the charts is pretty subjective, and it basically comes down to how you did in your interrogation and whether they like you as a candidate. Best of luck and I hope you receive good news soon. 

George - What do you think of my take on the process? Does that sound about right?

IP Logged

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X