Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS? (Read 18695 times)
APE_HANGERS
New User

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?
May 31st, 2002 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Does anyone know the standard time to get poly results from a P.D.?  I took the test 10 days ago and still nothing.  Believe it or not, the guy that did my test was VERY cool.  I stll kept my guard up.  All the questions I answered were "no" questions and not very invasive.  My heart was POUNDING the whole time, but he said as long as it didn't change while going through the questions 2 times, it was fine.  At the end he said "you souldn't have any problems", and "good luck throught the rest of the procedure"..  Now, why has it taken this long and no word from the P.D.?  Do they have someone else look at the results?  Do the view it with a microscope, pick it apart?  Any info would really help

Thank
APE HANGERS

IP Logged

DEPUTY BEAR
New User

Re: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2002 at 5:26am
Print Post  
It sounds like to me you did fine. Usually if there are any problems they will conduct a post test interview. They will ask you questions like do you have anything you want to get off your chest or on this question what were you thinking. In addition the comment "good luck... and you shouldn't have any problems..." is a very good sign. Sometimes if you have problems they will come right out and tell you that you failed. They can even get mean. Perhaps they are continuing with their process or just waiting to set up the interview date so all applicants can be processed together. It also depends on the size of the PD. Large cities take longer to do things. I live in a small town @100,000 and the whole process took about six months. Have they finished your background? They could be working on it. Just have patience, it sounds like your golden

IP Logged

thingone

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I just took my polygraph & im confused on whether or not I passed. I swear my heart rate went up as soon as the guy opened his mouth for each question, but I was being honest.

Afterwards, he didn't ask any further questions but said he couldn't tell me if I passed or failed. He said that the new batch of officers start in about a week so I should hear something back sometime before. & that he still has to grade my charts. Don't they know right away if you passed or failed? He also said that no news is good news. Idk, he would say something to make me think I passed but then would say something else making it seem like I may have failed?

What usually happens immediately after a polygraph if you failed? Do they ask more questions? & if they need to print & grade/score your charts, is that a bad sign?

IP Logged

Ex Member
God Member

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Thingone,

I think you are okay. Let us know what happens.

IP Logged

Psycho Physiologist
New User

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Here it can take up to a month to get polygraph results. The whole process (from time of application to date of hire) can take up to 1.5 years. Plus another 6 months in the academy. It took a lot of people 2 years from the time they applied to actually going out on patrol.

IP Logged

xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Don't they know right away if you passed or failed? He also said that no news is good news.

I think that this sentence just about says it all, when it comes to sweating out the results of a BI and a hiring decision! Wink

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
DEPUTY BEAR wrote on May 31st, 2002 at 5:26am:
Have they finished your background? They could be working on it. Just have patience, it sounds like your golden

Yes, at least in the case of the feds, it's that BI which is often the most time-consuming and agonizing phase of the lengthy application process! Cool

YouTube  
IP Logged

xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Ex Member wrote on Jan 17th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
Thingone,

I think you are okay. Let us know what happens.

I would concur with that assessment.  It's the BI that's the critical phase of the process! Cool

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo