Normal Topic I got screwed by the police,they took my car. (Read 3969 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box happen2me
New User

I got screwed by the police,they took my car.
Apr 29th, 2002 at 10:09am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Ok, here is the scenerio.

On a Saturday, I had to work 9 am to 6 pm. Just before I got out of work my car was stolen. I'm a high school student and therefore drove a junker. A '88 Oldsmobile Cutlass, the key for the door didn't work(learned this the hard way) and didn't lock the door, the car could be started w/out a key so I drove w/out the keys on. Three days after filing a police report, one of my uncle's saw the car and called the police. I got my car back, arrested the guy. A couple weeks go by when I get a message from a detective who has some questions to ask. An appoinment was made and I got interrogated about the case and all. They thought that I had gotten someone to steal my car then "sell" it to them. They showed me a bunch of pictures of people I didn't knew and then the he asked, "Would you be willing to take a lie detector?" I stopped for a minute and then agreed but said I'm the nervous-type person. So, the "lie detector" test was scheduled, then rescheduled cause the guy was "sick". Finally, on February 12, 2002, I went in and did the pre-testing part of it, answering honest on everything(well, except for one question about having steal something, but at the time I didn't remember). This whole time I was shaking and very nervous about the test and the room was cold too. I was hooked up to the machine( it was done by a computer and measured everything seen shown in this site) The blood pressure machine was kinda tight but after complaining he did nothing. So, he asked me the questions and after taking 3 times, he said that I had failed. I was shocked and just kept telling him how it was inaccurate and how I did nothing wrong.
He didn't believe me of course. A week or so passed when I called in to talk to the original detective. He had someone else w/ him. (oh yeah, he had taken a picture of me to show the accused of auto theft,the thief had said that I sold him the car and forged my signature) The detective told that he would make a deal w/ him. I refused but after some heavy persuasion by him and his partner, I agreed to pay the $300 dollars that I had sold the car for. I could have rejected it but I figured that the legal fees would be more plus  the possibility of being in jail. I left and came back later w/ the car and the money, but told him that I would give him the car instead.This car was a liability that's why I gave it to him. Now, I have a new 2001 Cavalier which I'm still paying for it.A few weeks ago, I drove by the house where I picked up my car after it had been stolen but didn't see the car. My guess is that those a**holes in the police station are using it to catch drug dealers( I live in pot heaven)

I didn't lie during the test and the best advice for you is to never agree to take a lie detector test. Especially if you leave in the same county as mine, where a lie detecter can be used as evidence( I think it's the only one in the U.S.)

Any questions? just reply

Sincerely,
Guy who got screwed by the police

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box L72cueak
Senior User

Re: I got screwed by the police,they took my car.
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2002 at 2:14pm
happen2me wrote on Apr 29th, 2002 at 10:09am:

I agreed to pay the $300 dollars that I had sold the car for. I could have rejected it...

It's interesting that the person claimed he didn't lie during the polygraph, yet in his own words he admitted he sold the car for $300.  I thought he said it was stolen?

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2002 at 5:40pm
This is also a good example of someone who took a polygraph, failed because he lied (by his own admission) and then blames the police and the polygraph procedure.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2002 at 5:57pm

L72cueak wrote on Apr 30th, 2002 at 5:40pm:

This is also a good example of someone who took a polygraph, failed because he lied (by his own admission) and then blames the police and the polygraph procedure.  

This is also a good example of someone lying about a previous post in order to further their own pro-polygraph agenda. No where in the author's post does he posit that he lied during his polygraph interrogation... although it would appear that later, after his coerced interrogation he remembered--apparently, the grammar makes it somewhat unclear-- some item of value he had stolen.

He is right to affix blame with the police who rely on a pseudo-science rather than good investigative work.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2002 at 3:30am
Beech, apparently you did not read the rest of his post because he admitted he sold the car for $300:

"I agreed to pay the $300 dollars that I had sold the car for."   

"...that I had sold the car for." is pretty clear to me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box happentome

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2002 at 11:40am
Ok, sorry but it was in the morning( as it is now) I was falling asleep. That was a grammar problem. I didn't sell it! Unfortunately, I can't prove it to you. That was the past, and life goes on.....

IP Logged

I got screwed by the police,they took my car.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X