Police,  Sheriffs',  and Corrections Departments Applications,  Hiring,  and Employment Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment
Discuss non-polygraph related aspects of local, county, and state law enforcement hiring processes here. Discuss testing procedures, interview questions, disqualification criteria, background investigations, life on the beat, etc.
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 435
Pages Pages: 19 20 [21] 22 
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
NO MORE POLY FOR PHILLY
Grin AS OF TODAY MAY 21 PHILADELPHIA WILL NO LONGER GIVE RECRUITS THE POLYGRAPH TEST. THEY DID AWAY WITH THE WHOLE THING.

Started May 21st, 2002 at 6:35pm by jn50
7 5759 Last Post Jun 23rd, 2002 at 4:10pm
By: beech trees
Normal Topic
JUST FAILED RIV. CO. SHERIFFS POLY-HOW DO I REFUTE
I JUST FAILED RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFFS POLY- HOW DO I REFUTE THIS.  I TOOK IT ON THE 22ND OF MAY AND GOT THE RESULTS ON THE 28TH. HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE TO DO THIS. I AM RIGHT THERE WITH ALL OF YO...

Started Jun 4th, 2002 at 8:33pm by YZ_CURT
2 3767 Last Post Jun 6th, 2002 at 7:55am
By: YZ_CURT
Normal Topic
STAY AWAY FROM THE Ft. Lauderdale PD
They Slandered me, took statements out of contacts and made me look like a crook. I am a good man, but they screwed me and made me look like a bastard, because I was open and talked like I would with ...

Started Mar 20th, 2002 at 10:28pm by An Injured Cop (Guest)
1 2544 Last Post May 20th, 2002 at 5:13am
By: 50 (Guest)
Normal Topic
I count on all of you to take a stand
I ask that anyone who has been disqualified from a PD testing process (or anyone else who is willing)--based on polygraph results--keep track of upcoming PD orientation meetings,  and do the following...

Started Apr 26th, 2002 at 11:07pm by MissionPoly-ban
2 2444 Last Post May 14th, 2002 at 4:36am
By: guest (Guest)
Normal Topic
Psychological Results Accessible?
If I took a polygraph and psychological test at the same testing agency,  am I allowed to request the psychological results (In the state of Illinois) per state statute (not from the PD, but from the ...

Started Apr 26th, 2002 at 3:22am by MissionPoly-ban
3 2981 Last Post Apr 27th, 2002 at 2:07am
By: guest (Guest)
Normal Topic
made big mistake on app - now what
When filling out my application, i answered no to a question that asked if i had ever had my license suspended. i realized afterwards, that many years ago, i actually did have it suspended for lack of...

Started Jan 24th, 2002 at 5:46am by annonymous (Guest)
11 7219 Last Post Apr 22nd, 2002 at 11:34pm
Normal Topic
Interview questions
I would appreciate any information regarding interview questions from the chief. I am going in for an interview with the chief of police at my local PD. I understand that most questions do not have a ...

Started Apr 14th, 2002 at 5:20am by BEAR (Guest)
2 3813 Last Post Apr 14th, 2002 at 7:12pm
By: therock
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
State Law Enforcement polygraph tests
I was thinking about joing with a state law enforcement agency and I know that one of their requirements is a polygraph test. I was just wandering what questions they will ask for this type of polygra...

Started May 7th, 2001 at 7:19pm by John (Guest) (Guest)
« Pages 1 2 3 »
44 24579 Last Post Mar 30th, 2002 at 2:58pm
Normal Topic
Kinda long, but needing some insight
Hi, 
Let me first start off by saying that I am so glad I have found this forum and have truly enjoyed reading some of the posts that are informative (others have just been humorous). Anyway, I d...

Started Mar 29th, 2002 at 5:11am by 2TrpRnot2Trp
2 2788 Last Post Mar 30th, 2002 at 5:34am
By: 2TrpRnot2Trp
Normal Topic
LAPD....Males forget it
LAPD....are you trying to be an lapd police officer, and you are either a hispanic or white male, or even a black male? FORGET IT. Right now, the only way you can get in is by being a black or asian f...

Started Mar 27th, 2002 at 6:33pm by Mario (Guest)
3 4571 Last Post Mar 29th, 2002 at 2:22am
By: Fred F.
Normal Topic
Whistleblowing
If I were to leak informationt to the news media of ethical concerns I have from within my department, can my employer conduct a polygraph dragnet?  I intend to alert the media  about issues of grant ...

Started Mar 14th, 2002 at 12:53pm by k9danny
1 2719 Last Post Mar 14th, 2002 at 4:34pm
By: George W. Maschke
Normal Topic
The Movement of Information...?
Some simple questions:
Say I test at a local PD, and get disqualified from their testing process because of a failed polygraph. 
Now say I am testing at another agency and taking another pol...

Started Feb 25th, 2002 at 12:41am by MissionPoly-ban
3 3458 Last Post Feb 26th, 2002 at 10:00pm
By: Taz23 (Guest)
Normal Topic
Great place to go!!!!!!!!
If anybody out there needs help with hiring process, other than the poly, check out http://www.PoliceTestHelp.com/ .  This site is great, there are two cops that answer all of your questions, not to ...

Started Feb 23rd, 2002 at 10:25am by cooper
2 2990 Last Post Feb 26th, 2002 at 7:59pm
By: cooper
Normal Topic
Anyone have info on Central Coast Polygraph?
Hi,
I will be taking a polygraph soon at Central Coast Polygraph in Oakland. I know that they have three locations and this is only one of them. Does anyone have any information about this compa...

Started Feb 25th, 2002 at 9:23pm by alwazracin
0 1763 Last Post Feb 26th, 2002 at 12:23am
By: alwazracin
Normal Topic
Question about application process with Oakland PD
I'm currently in the process of applying for OPD. I've been told by several LE people that usually they do not like to hire people below the age of 24 due to lack of "life experience". Do you know if ...

Started Feb 5th, 2002 at 7:46am by alwazracin
1 2447 Last Post Feb 5th, 2002 at 5:02pm
By: therock
Normal Topic
big question
I recently applied for a major city police department.  I was ranked #2 and was set up to take my polygraph.  I went to the captain and asked to talk to him in confidence.  I told him that 3 years ago...

Started Apr 9th, 2001 at 4:49pm by Edward (Guest)
12 10041 Last Post Dec 31st, 2001 at 7:07pm
By: Administrator
Normal Topic
Drug usage questions
Different agancies have different "standards" for what is acceptable and what is cause for rejection...again, dealing with the SFPD, they seem quite liberal by comparison, implying certain drug use is...

Started Dec 8th, 2001 at 8:31am by DeputyDawg
1 4294 Last Post Dec 10th, 2001 at 1:34am
Normal Topic
Psychological exam
Hello all, now we know that the polygraph is used for things such as weeding out applicants that are qualified, but the department is not able to hire many individuals and it's basically a way for bur...

Started Dec 5th, 2001 at 2:51pm by therock
3 12272 Last Post Dec 8th, 2001 at 5:37am
Normal Topic
PD Application Process
I recently went through the application process of [a mid-sized police department in South Florida] and was very much looking forward to the possibility of employment, until I participated in their po...

Started Dec 2nd, 2001 at 7:23am by CU4Life (Guest)
2 3331 Last Post Dec 2nd, 2001 at 12:43pm
By: G Scalabr
Normal Topic
SFPD and the ploygraph
Anyone have an answer for this:  I was looking on the San Fransisco PD recruitment site, and it very clearly enumerates and spells out the procedure and process for application - but it VERY CLEARLY O...

Started Nov 29th, 2001 at 1:32am by DeputyDawg
1 5492 Last Post Nov 30th, 2001 at 5:57am
Pages Pages: 19 20 [21] 22 
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top