Police,  Sheriffs',  and Corrections Departments Applications,  Hiring,  and Employment Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment
Discuss non-polygraph related aspects of local, county, and state law enforcement hiring processes here. Discuss testing procedures, interview questions, disqualification criteria, background investigations, life on the beat, etc.
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 435
Pages Pages: 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
anyone
Has anyone heard about the civil service accademy? If so, is it a good thing or juat a joke?

Started Feb 16th, 2004 at 2:41pm by PAQ
0 1185 Last Post Feb 16th, 2004 at 5:41pm
By: PAQ
Normal Topic
n
n

Started Feb 10th, 2004 at 9:49am by n (Guest)
0 1116 Last Post Feb 10th, 2004 at 12:49pm
By: n (Guest)
Normal Topic
I'm New ..Can I Get Advice?
This is my first post. I have actually viewed this site before I had my polygraph for a Law Enforcement Officer. I have nothing to hide but my friends got me nervous saying you can be viewed as decept...

Started Feb 3rd, 2004 at 4:12am by burton
8 4791 Last Post Feb 9th, 2004 at 7:48am
By: George W. Maschke
Normal Topic
psychological evaluation
Are psychological exams very difficult to pass for someone who has seen a shrink at 13 years old. My case was classified as adjustment Disorder with mixed emotions + conduct. I learned that adjustment...

Started Jan 1st, 2004 at 9:22am by yankees fan (Guest)
1 2032 Last Post Feb 3rd, 2004 at 8:13am
By: burton
Normal Topic
Job anyone
It seem's like all the P.D.s in so-cal are on a hiring freeze that does not like it will end anytime soon. Does anyone know of any P.D.'s in or around L.A. or anywhere in so-cal that is hiring or will...

Started Jan 29th, 2004 at 9:57pm by PAQ
1 1650 Last Post Jan 30th, 2004 at 5:40am
By: Fred F.
Normal Topic
old supervisor
Would having only one negative reference hurt alot on a background check. I was at a company for 4 years. I had one supervisor who I know will say something bad. I only worked with him for my last 6 m...

Started Jan 29th, 2004 at 10:21pm by jackson (Guest)
0 1194 Last Post Jan 30th, 2004 at 1:21am
By: jackson (Guest)
Normal Topic
Which southern ca dept.s dont poly?
Which southern ca dept.s dont poly?

Started Jan 27th, 2004 at 11:06am by guess (Guest)
1 1718 Last Post Jan 28th, 2004 at 4:30am
By: Fred F.
Normal Topic
Sharing polygraph results( Do they?)
I applied with the Los Angeles County Sheriffs in 1998.  I turned in my background packet and took the polygrahy.  The polygrapher, during the post-test interview, tolk me that I showed signs of decep...

Started May 14th, 2003 at 6:03pm by treetop
5 6055 Last Post Jan 25th, 2004 at 5:30am
By: ladywar (Guest)
Normal Topic
Do I even have a chance
Do  police psychologists normally DQ applicants who have seen a shrink when they were under 18. I know they normally seek records. Before I waste time and money I would like to know if I have a chance...

Started Jan 19th, 2004 at 7:28am by guest (Guest)
5 3442 Last Post Jan 25th, 2004 at 2:57am
By: guest (Guest)
Normal Topic
Does Background Info Include Reports
Okay. Here is the deal. I am currently in the process with several sheriff departments and I am wondering if, when they run my name with local departments, they will find out that I was a victim of a ...

Started Jan 23rd, 2004 at 6:53pm by ocintern
0 1461 Last Post Jan 23rd, 2004 at 9:53pm
By: ocintern
Normal Topic
Nevada Highway Patrol
I know the Nevada Highway Patrol is hiring Troopers now.   
[url][/url]http://dps.nv.gov/nhp/index.htm
They claim to use the polygraph or CVSA.  Most of the openings are in the Las Vegas area so if you apply ...

Started Dec 17th, 2003 at 11:02pm by aka Kevin Smith (Guest)
3 4293 Last Post Dec 31st, 2003 at 5:43am
By: Vegas Guy (Guest)
Normal Topic
Drivers licence and Law enforcement
At the moment I am planning on taking a 5 hour course so i can take my road test. I expect to have my licence in about 2 months. Will me getting a licence within 2 months make it hard to get a police ...

Started Dec 29th, 2003 at 6:10am by marco (Guest)
0 1376 Last Post Dec 29th, 2003 at 9:10am
By: marco (Guest)
Normal Topic
should i be concerned or im over reacting to much
Im aware that I got DQ'd from my first psych exam. 2 things from the test have been really bothering me alot. I really would appreciate if someone answered this posting I wrote. During the interview w...

Started Nov 14th, 2003 at 3:35am by blazing (Guest)
9 5208 Last Post Dec 22nd, 2003 at 5:55am
By: Kona
Normal Topic
past employer, would she say something bad
While i was at my first job, one of the supervisors qquit because she became a manager at a hotel. She took one employee with her. That employee told her she should take me to. I was hired at her new ...

Started Dec 21st, 2003 at 10:14pm by pedro (Guest)
0 1356 Last Post Dec 22nd, 2003 at 1:14am
By: pedro (Guest)
Normal Topic
What is my chance
Does anyone know what my chances are of getting hired as an L.A.P.D. officer if I haven't gone to colloge? Or if I went to colloge but did not take anything about criminal justice?

Started Dec 9th, 2003 at 11:05pm by PAQ
9 4738 Last Post Dec 16th, 2003 at 11:26am
Normal Topic
All LE Officials
I am strongly considering joining the the NYPD or any some other LE agency.  The problem I am having is that I am a sociology major and have been exposed to many liberal ideas, specifically towards dr...

Started Dec 10th, 2003 at 8:17pm by Gues (Guest)
1 1790 Last Post Dec 11th, 2003 at 8:24am
Normal Topic
why do they want all of my credit card numbers?
Just wondering why a police pre-employment background check included all of my credit card numbers?   I have a great credit rating!  Just wondering.......

Started Dec 11th, 2003 at 3:04am by beanadmir
1 1229 Last Post Dec 11th, 2003 at 7:03am
Normal Topic
New York State Troopers Drug Policy
I just wanted to know if anyone had any information on the drug policy for the NYS Troopers.  I know that they give a polygraph, but I just wanted to know what might disqualify you that is "drug use" ...

Started Oct 23rd, 2003 at 2:12am by Guest (Guest)
2 2195 Last Post Dec 11th, 2003 at 1:19am
By: Ted Seals (Guest)
Normal Topic
Any pointers would help.
I am getting ready for my first interview with the L.A.P.D.  Can anyone tell me what to expect and any pointers that would help me out. Like is there anything I could do to set me above the other peop...

Started Dec 6th, 2003 at 1:16am by PAQ
4 2830 Last Post Dec 9th, 2003 at 7:32pm
By: PAQ
Normal Topic
unsual question.
Whena polygrapg examiner and a psychologist are done with an interview with an applicant, Do they forward their notes taken about the applicant to the applicants investigator to verify the info, Or do...

Started Nov 23rd, 2003 at 1:05am by Mr george (Guest)
1 1910 Last Post Nov 23rd, 2003 at 6:57am
By: treetop
Pages Pages: 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top