Normal Topic Nevada Highway Patrol (Read 4294 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box aka Kevin Smith

Nevada Highway Patrol
Dec 18th, 2003 at 2:02am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I know the Nevada Highway Patrol is hiring Troopers now.   

[url][/url]http://dps.nv.gov/nhp/index.htm

They claim to use the polygraph or CVSA.  Most of the openings are in the Las Vegas area so if you apply you need to be willing to work there.   

Does anyone know or has anyone heard anything about the Nevada Highway Patrol that is of interest?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Vegas guy

Re: Nevada Highway Patrol
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2003 at 4:13am
I heard the Nevada Highway Patrol is a good outfit to work for.  They are short-handed in Las Vegas but I read that they are filling in the holes.  NHP Troopers get to take home their patrol cars and have a lot of freedom while patroling so I think they would be fun to work for.  They do not make as much as the city cops but I think they will be getting raises soon.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box n0mad
User

Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 8:06pm
You also have to pack up and head to carson city for the 6 months of academy; not so convenient if you have a family.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Vegas Guy

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2003 at 5:43am
That is true.  The academy is in Carson City and it is a live in academy.  I heard it is like going through a rough bootcamp.  I also heard that they have some of the best training in Nevada.  According to what I hear through gossip, the next academy is starting February 8th with another one beginging in August of 2004.  Once the academy is over, a new trooper can lateral over to LV Metro, North LV Police, Henderson or Boulder City PD.  I know NHP is having a problem because their best Trooper leave for the hiring paying PDs.

IP Logged

Nevada Highway Patrol

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X