Police,  Sheriffs',  and Corrections Departments Applications,  Hiring,  and Employment Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment
Discuss non-polygraph related aspects of local, county, and state law enforcement hiring processes here. Discuss testing procedures, interview questions, disqualification criteria, background investigations, life on the beat, etc.
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 435
Pages Pages: 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
colorblindness?
My husband is or was in the process in getting in to the LAPD. The whole process went smoothly till he got into the medical portion of the exam. they disqualified him by technicality because he is CO...

Started Aug 18th, 2007 at 5:22am by tasty2277
1 2132 Last Post Aug 20th, 2007 at 5:47pm
By: Lloyd Ploense - Ex Member
Normal Topic
Wanted highway patrol, apparently selected for parole and probation officer
I recently took the test for the state of Nevada DPS officer I. The department classifies all new state troopers, and parole and probation officers among other divisions as DPS Officer I. I scored ver...

Started May 29th, 2007 at 3:45am by bacon_aint_easy
5 14329 Last Post Aug 12th, 2007 at 12:51am
By: BNSF
Normal Topic
Some thoughts on hiring
I guess before I get started, I better provide some bona fides.  Started in law enforcement upon leaving the Army in 1973.  POST Instructor, Swat team trainer, Federal law enforcement trainer, Assista...

Started May 1st, 2007 at 1:14am by DippityShurff
1 2510 Last Post May 1st, 2007 at 1:08pm
By: Sergeant1107
Normal Topic
Medical / Psych Question
Hello all,
I have a question. I've never been arrested, never a traffic ticket, one parking fine, never touched drugs or wanted to, never drunk alcohol under 21 (I'm 20), and prefer to not lie bu...

Started Apr 15th, 2007 at 7:04am by FutureCopIhope1337
2 3717 Last Post Apr 15th, 2007 at 9:30pm
By: FutureCopIhope1337
Normal Topic
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
???
Here's the deal. I'm 38 years old. Never done drugs in my life. Never had alcohol in my life (not against those who drink).  I'm a goodie-goodie when it comes to things like that.  But, on t...

Started Jan 24th, 2007 at 5:36pm by dubster
4 4396 Last Post Apr 10th, 2007 at 10:10pm
By: DippityShurff
Normal Topic
POLICE ACADEMY TAC. OFFICERS
WHY ARE THE TAC OFFICERS SO MEAN? I DONT UNDERSTAND THE REASON BEHIND WHAT THEY ARE DOING.THEY MADE ME CRY ONE DAY.I HAVEN'T CRYED SINCE THAT DAY ,AT LEAST NOT IN FRONT OF THEM. BUT THEY KEEP GOING AF...

Started Feb 7th, 2007 at 3:35am by ref
11 10423 Last Post Feb 17th, 2007 at 12:47am
By: Twoblock
Normal Topic
FAILED PSYCOEDUCATIONAL WITH L.A.P.D
HAS ANYONE BEEN ASKED TO TAKE THIS TEST? I WAS TOLD I HAD TO TAKE IT BECAUSE I HAD SOME BAD GRADES IN HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE.THE TEST CONSISTED OF SPELLING,PUZZLES,READING COMP,GENERAL KNOWLEDGE,NUMB...

Started Feb 5th, 2007 at 1:50am by ref
1 2329 Last Post Feb 5th, 2007 at 9:09am
By: koban4max
Normal Topic
Re: employment history
Ok, I will try my best to address your issue.  First off, I as a prior member on many oral boards, often felt that 21 was too early to embark on a career in law enforcement.  Many and I do mean many y...

Started Dec 14th, 2006 at 4:21am by dimas
0 1929 Last Post Dec 16th, 2006 at 3:33am
By: dimas
Normal Topic
Re: Psychology Test?
Hi, if you have already taken your oral board, then the psych test is very similar in some ways.  For example, the psychologist will ask you your view on things and what makes you angry.  They also ta...

Started Dec 12th, 2006 at 3:43pm by bacon_aint_easy
1 3434 Last Post Dec 16th, 2006 at 3:21am
By: dimas
Normal Topic
Re: VSA...?
People_Rep. wrote on Dec 1st, 2006 at 11:54pm:
i passed my oral board a few days ago and heard back yesterday, next step is the voice stress analysis.  if anybody has taken one of these can you please inform me what the whole situation is like?...

Started Dec 1st, 2006 at 8:54pm by Dippityshurff (Ex Member)
1 2050 Last Post Dec 6th, 2006 at 2:22am
By: ralph1
Normal Topic
No poly for Orange County (CA) Sheriff?
Can anyone confirm that OCSD does not poly every applicant?  I read this on officerdotcom.  Thx

Started Nov 12th, 2006 at 11:29pm by sternfanatick
1 7296 Last Post Nov 13th, 2006 at 2:42am
By: EosJupiter
Normal Topic
APA Policy and our Agency
I think it's noteworthy that when a polygraph scored "deception indicated" and a BI that reported no problems whatsoever, the BI was given the greater weight and the person was hired.  I consider this...

Started Nov 12th, 2006 at 6:23pm by Dippityshurff (Ex Member)
0 1733 Last Post Nov 12th, 2006 at 9:23pm
By: Dippityshurff - Ex Member
Normal Topic
Have a Chance?
Hello, I have always considered being a police officer, but now it is something that I truly would like to do.  But there are several dings against me that i'm afraid might prevent me from becoming on...

Started Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:38am by degenerate20
5 5501 Last Post Nov 1st, 2006 at 11:24pm
Normal Topic
Will soon be seeking employment as LEO
I am almost done with my criminal justice degree that I have worked hard for and have a strong desire to be a LEO, my cumulative gpa is a 3.0.  I, like many are scared of the polygraph test.  I, like ...

Started Sep 11th, 2006 at 8:22pm by PrivateSnowball
6 4507 Last Post Sep 14th, 2006 at 5:57pm
Normal Topic
Tracing jobs
I have a question about my work history. I am 21 years old and had 5 jobs so far. I do understand the background investigator will contact my employers and the problem is, my first and second job I qu...

Started Jul 9th, 2006 at 2:36am by Jeff
5 4235 Last Post Sep 12th, 2006 at 2:31am
By: PrivateSnowball
Normal Topic
looking to right a wrong
Several years ago when I enlisted in the military, I made the mistake of not disclosing my marijuana experimentation.
Now that I am looking at applying to police departments, I realize that I am ...

Started Sep 11th, 2006 at 2:48pm by jbl
0 1690 Last Post Sep 11th, 2006 at 5:48pm
By: jbl
Normal Topic
Do the best that you can
We just had an interview board for applicants interested in starting in our jail.  These applicants come from a wide variety of backgrounds including law enforcement.  Most are not in the field at thi...

Started Aug 30th, 2006 at 1:57pm by Dippityshurff (Ex Member)
2 2861 Last Post Sep 1st, 2006 at 2:08am
Normal Topic
BI on family members
Hi everyone,
Just curious about background on my family members.  How in-depth is it?  I have no doubt I will pass my polygraph by telling the truth, but I am afraid some of my family members pas...

Started Aug 17th, 2006 at 5:19am by justtry
5 5535 Last Post Aug 19th, 2006 at 12:41am
Normal Topic
Ed Gelb's polygrah of Ramsey family
This topic has been moved to Polygraph Policy by Administrator.

Started Aug 17th, 2006 at 4:19pm by retcopper
0 1785 Last Post Aug 17th, 2006 at 7:19pm
By: retcopper
Normal Topic
Will check for prior polys be part of background?
Hi all.
Just getting started with a local Connecticut PD's recruitment process and I was wondering if a CT State Police polygraph that I took about 10 years ago would be dug-up in the process of ...

Started Aug 8th, 2006 at 7:35pm by racefaith
6 4942 Last Post Aug 17th, 2006 at 9:23am
By: cesium_133
Pages Pages: 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top