Normal Topic Tracing jobs (Read 4263 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeff
New User

Tracing jobs
Jul 9th, 2006 at 5:36am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have a question about my work history. I am 21 years old and had 5 jobs so far. I do understand the background investigator will contact my employers and the problem is, my first and second job I quit because I couldn't handle the people's attitudes and basically left both slamming the door behind me swearing at everybody. Initially, I thought these two might be a bad idea to put down on my application but then I thought if I'm going to be straight up and not lie, then I might as well be straight up about everything and just see what happens. 

Here is my question. I spoke to my friend about this and he said there is no way anybody can find out about my first 2 jobs because my employers did not have my social security number. Even though they paid me with a check, I never had to use my SNN even when I cashed it. So he's saying it's impossible for them to trace me and just omit those two. 

I disagreed because I think if they really want to, then they will trace me and find out. So who is right here? Me or him? I'm going to put down those 2 regardless but I still needed to ask if that's even possible for them to trace me when I didn't even use my SNN back then when I worked.

If anybody could clarify this for me I'd appreciate that.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dippityshurff
Ex Member

Re: Tracing jobs
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 6:18pm
Certainly, there is a chance that the BI will not be able to locate your first places of employment where you performed in a less than stellar fashion.

There is a far better chance that the BI will be able to find out about these jobs.

Don't bet your new career on it!

Good luck to you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box woogie
New User

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 3:50am
Dippitty-

How much emphasis is placed on prior employment?  Lets say, hypathetically speaking of course  Wink, that a certain someone worked at a business for 3 days, hated it, and then quit?  I know it doesn't look good, but what is your opinion?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 4:44am
I can't speak for all Agencies but the tools I use allow me to track, in most cases, anywhere you have lived for the past 25 yrs.  I then do some asking from there and will usually find out about phantom jobs.  In addition, we always check law enforcement and courthouse docket records in those areas identified.   

You may try that at your own risk.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 4:47am
woogie wrote on Aug 10th, 2006 at 3:50am:
Dippitty-

How much emphasis is placed on prior employment?  Lets say, hypathetically speaking of course  Wink, that a certain someone worked at a business for 3 days, hated it, and then quit?  I know it doesn't look good, but what is your opinion?

It goes into the mix and is considered along with all other relevant factors.  If however, we find out about an unreported job, that raises a very serious red flag

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PrivateSnowball
New User

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 2:31am
On my last application, I only put my most recent employers within the last 3 years or so (im only 21), and ive had a large number of temporary jobs.  I did this not because I had something to hide, but because it can be very difficult to disclose the information they want about the job especially if it was a very small company.  They wanna know everything like dates employed (hell if I can remember the exact dates or months I was employed there) and they wanna know your supervisors names, which some I couldnt remember their last names and thought just first names would be incomplete, as well as phone numbers and addresses, which can even be difficult to get if you were working in a different county then you live in presently and that area isnt listed in your current phone book.

But the next job I will apply for will likely be a job that I want to have a future with, so I will work harder to get this information.  But I was just saying there is other reasons why people leave jobs out.

IP Logged

Tracing jobs

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X