Normal Topic Passed My Poly (Read 6243 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymous

Passed My Poly
Sep 7th, 2001 at 11:24pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I posted a couple of weeks ago about an upcoming poly.  Well I passed.  I had it in my head to use countermeasures and asked many questions about them on this site.  Well my test was noty what I expected.  The format of the questions were much different than what was discussed on this site.  So I was unable to recognize "control" questions from the "relevant" questions.  I believe I passed my poly strictly on my confidence of my knowledge of the deception of the process and the polygrapher.  Everything he said was exactly what the lie behind the lie detector book said that would be said.  With this I was able to see right through the mind games.  The only thing i did throughout the test was control my breathing.  Thanks and I wanted to share my experience.

Anonymous

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Passed My Poly
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2001 at 11:50pm
anonymous,

In what way(s) were your questions different than what was discussed on this site?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box execio
New User

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2001 at 12:42am
With baited breath, I wait.... puzzled

Could the War Horse be far behind?

Cheers,

execio

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2001 at 4:37am
The questions were mostly two part questions.  They were worded like this....."Are you now lying about your past drug use and alcohol use?"  Every question started out "are you now lying about........."  I don't know, It just made it confusing for me and I was nervous.  Thinking back, I still cant pick out the control questions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2001 at 8:21am

Quote:

The questions were mostly two part questions.  They were worded like this....."Are you now lying about your past drug use and alcohol use?"  Every question started out "are you now lying about........."  I don't know, It just made it confusing for me and I was nervous.  Thinking back, I still cant pick out the control questions.

This sentence structure strikes me as odd. I understand a CQ might be phrased to contain admissions, i.e., "Other than what you have told me, have you ever..." but I can't see how anyone could make sense out of the above question. To what statement or admission is the polygrapher referring when he asks, "Are you now lying about..."?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2001 at 11:29pm
Every question when actually hooked up started with "Are you now lying about........".  Every single one.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2001 at 11:55pm
You know: I hope this is not too far off topic but I feel that it (somehow) relates.

Has anyone ever noticed that those people that have some working knowledge of the validity (not) of the polygraph, when tested, will walk away from the test as if it meant something?

I notice quite a few (well-informed) people that play both sides of the fence: 

PASS:
If they pass, its strut with your shoulders back and tout the empirical scientific mechanics of the polygraph. Another form of hyprocisy is confronting those that fail and suggesting (without a doubt) that they must be holding something back. 

FAIL:
Wounded appearance and limply pointing to the validity of the test without rusing anyones suspicions of a challenge. (read: passive and ever-so-slightly defiant)

Certainly, at some point, it seems one should take a stand and give up the walking-contradiction stance.

Just a thought... not a sermon,

execio

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2001 at 3:03am

Quote:

Every question when actually hooked up started with "Are you now lying about........".  Every single one.  

Interesting. I'd be curious what the more experienced contributors here have to say about such sentence structure and test format. I take it you felt compelled to say 'no' to every single question? Or, were you directed or ordered to lie in response to certain questions and thus answered 'yes' to some?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2001 at 5:01am
I answered no to every question.  I was almost blown away because i felt my plan to employ CM was foyled.  I was unsure of how I did because I was not confronted on any of the questions.  I either thought I must have passed or failed without a doubt in the examiners mind.  Well I found out I passed because I was contacted by mail about the next phase in the process.  Thanks to all of you for the information.  I feel I was able to overcome the examiners mind games and trickery due to the information i received here.  Armed with that knowledge, I was able to remain calm and recognize all the games involved in the process.  Thanks again.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2001 at 2:47pm
I guess it is possible that polygraphers -- under exploitation (read: re-education) of their wares -- may be attempting 'enhancements' to their technique(s) that they feel may throw off the casual client that is aware of the standard syntax of the test.

I guess if I felt that my line of work may be threatened by enlightenment of the masses, I might try to reinvent the wheel myself.

Maybe they could start attaching a bunch of nanoprobes to the clients head in hopes that wires will create the illusion necessary to intimidate and confuse the aware!

Geez,

execio

IP Logged

Passed My Poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X