Normal Topic The results are in... (Read 3495 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

The results are in...
Sep 23rd, 2001 at 9:29pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
No deception indicated on my recent polygraph interrogation. I owe a debt of gratitude and deeply thank the owners of this website, as well as Dr. Drew Richardson for empowering me with the knowledge that allowed me to dictate the results, rather than my police-sponsored interrogator.

In time I will relate ‘how I got here’ in entirety. For now, take heart in the fact that the advice and observations given within The Lie Behind The Lie Detector are powerfully accurate and will work when applied properly, regardless of what the pro-polygraph contributors' propoganda states.  I would also urge anyone facing a polygraph interrogation to also read The Department of Defense Polygraph Institute Interview and Interrogation Handbook, available through this website.

Find out the laws concerning polygraphs in your state, and be familiar as well with Federal law as well as court opinions concerning this pseudo-science.

Having educated myself on how polygraphs work, practicing countermeasures and then gaining a deep understanding in the subtleties of interrogation tactics enabled me to totally control the polygraph exam from start to finish. Don’t believe me, polygraphers? My polygraph interrogator positively beamed when he proclaimed me a ‘perfect candidate for the  polygraph’ after I participated in the farcical charade of the Stim Test. It took quite a bit of self-control to not laugh out loud several times during the course of the interrogation, so bogus were my polygraph interrogator’s explanations of the autonomic nervous system and ‘why the polygraph always works’. It was equally challenging to quell the rage I felt at having a large part of my future well being in the hands of this popinjay. Several times in the weeks prior to my interrogation I was almost reduced to despair by the thought that, even if no deception was indicated, my state-sponsored tormentor could still arbitrarily accuse me of deception for any number of spurious reasons.

My specific observations of the mind-games and attempts to instill awe, fear, and compliance by my polygraph interrogator will have to wait for a later date; suffice to say ALL of the observations concerning the interview and interview environs found in The Lie Behind The Lie Detector held true.

Make no mistake: This ordeal of mine was a sickening violation of several of my Constitutionally-protected rights and a horrible invasion of my personal life. To say I hold the pseudo-science of polygraphy and the men and women who both are employed by it (and rely on it) in lowest regard would be a gross understatement. I loathe them. Regardless, if they choose to rely on this ‘reading of the offal’ as a scientifically accurate means of determining the truth, then they wholly deserve both our collective contempt and our collective and singular efforts to manipulate the outcome of any and all polygraph interrogations.

To the polygraphers reading this, I look you straight in the eyes and I offer you all the only possible gesture for such an occassion: a respectful and solemn raised middle finger, thrust emphatically and defiantly to just below and in front of your duplicitous noses. The better man won, gentleman.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2001 at 10:24pm by beech trees »  

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

Re: The results are in...
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2001 at 12:56am
beech_trees,

Congratulations! Good luck for the future.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Re: The results are in...
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2001 at 7:07pm

beech trees wrote on Sep 23rd, 2001 at 9:29pm:

No deception indicated on my recent polygraph interrogation. I owe a debt of gratitude and deeply thank the owners of this website, as well as Dr. Drew Richardson for empowering me with the knowledge that allowed me to dictate the results, rather than my police-sponsored interrogator.

Having educated myself on how polygraphs work, practicing countermeasures and then gaining a deep understanding in the subtleties of interrogation tactics enabled me to totally control the polygraph exam from start to finish.

Beech Trees

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 

Success stories are always great to read. 

You have proven that with education of the pseudoscience that polygraphy represents, you can take away the advantage of not being informed and dependent on the polygraphers "story telling" and watch the coin flip turn into an advantage to the candidate.

Good Luck in your career endeavors and never forget that knowledge is power....

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

The results are in...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X