Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Cia/Nsa polygraph (Read 32573 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Walsh

Cia/Nsa polygraph
Aug 20th, 2001 at 12:23am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Has anyone been through the polygraph screening at either agency (Cia/Nsa) in the wake of the Hanssen case? Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box me25

Re: Cia/Nsa polygraph
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2001 at 7:22am
Just went through.  Complete farce.  Wish I'd known about this site before hand.  I told 100% truth and they said I was deceptive.  I used to have a lot of faith in the poly. NOT NOW!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box puterman

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2001 at 3:48am
Did you get the job?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Oliver
New User

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2002 at 10:39pm
I took the NSA one a few weeks ago.  Was told I had "weak" areas and am being re-tested next week. I'm so glad I found this site before my re-test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box DupedbyCIA

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2002 at 5:19pm
I went through the CIA polygraph as a contractor in the wake of the Hanssen case, and I made the mistake of trusting the system.  Big mistake!  My security clearance for the CIA was denied purely on the basis of polygraph results.

I found this especially ironic since I am a military intelligence officer in the reserves.  I was actually called up in support of operations after Sept 11, and was serving in an intelligence position when I received notice of the denial.  When I recently returned from duty, I found that unemployment was the CIA's Memorial Day present for me.

While I plan on appealing this decision, it is especially difficult to do since polygraph records are exempt in their entirely from the Freedom of Information and the Privacy Act.  Essentially, a large portion of the government's records for these decisions CAN NOT EVER BE SEEN by private citizens.  The last time I heard about something this insane was in a Kafka book.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2002 at 2:36am
DupedbyCIA,

I can relate with your situation as the exact same thing happened to me (read my statement in the Personal Statements section for the whole gory story). Though, I think later this summer, many an eyebrow in our Judiciary branch will be raised when NAS announces its results on its polygraph study. That should put a lot of things in perspective for the public at large.

False +

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Norman Neckbone

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2002 at 2:58pm
False +

This is Norman again.  Question regarding your poly experience - how long did it take to find out that you didn't pass the poly?

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2002 at 3:04pm
Norman,

Although your question was not directed to me, I think if you read False +'s statement on the Personal Statements page, you'll see that by the end of his interrogation it was made abundantly clear to him that he had not passed.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2002 at 9:01pm
George,

Thank you for referring Norman to my statement. I wasn't sure how to include a hyperlink to my statement..

Norman,

George is correct in that as soon as the examiner finished cycling through his questions 3 times, he rose from his chair and completely changed his tone. It was probably a little over an hour into the process, a process which ended 4.5 hours later, all to find out if I had used marijuana once or not. In the end, I was assessed to be a drug (all sorts) abuser and a dealer too (the examiner also made a reference to rape early on ..)

False +

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Norman Neckbone

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2002 at 8:59pm
Wow - Maybe I didn't tank after all.  I'm still pissed off, though.

Norman.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anne Nonomous

Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2002 at 9:25am
Hey false +,

I took the NSA poly awhile back.   

Anyway, the bottom line in taking a counter intelligence poly is to NEVER, NEVER, EVER make an admission.  I don't care what they do or say!

After my third test, the idiot picked up her chair, put it right in front of my chair, then starting yelling at me.  I started laughing.  Seriously!  I cracked up.  I thought it was such a joke!   

Believe it or not, they let me be retested!  I failed of course.  I found out later that the retest (which they never intended to let me pass) was simply set up to satisfy the people on the OPS side that really wanted me hired, and wanted me to get another chance.

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2002 at 9:33pm
Anne,

It's interesting to read what you say, because many times, I have wished I could turn back the clock, put myself back in that examinee chair, all to mock my examiner knowing the process is a sham, just as you did. Instead, I tried remaining forthright, which of-course only prolonged the agony for me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anne Anonomous

Reply #12 - Jun 23rd, 2002 at 9:17am
One of my NSA polyliars retesters, a Mr. Ligenfelter, had the nerve to say that the test is 99% accurate!  He even drew a cheesy pie chart.  "So you gotta get everthing out, so nothing is bugging you."

While he is telling me this I am thinking,  based on an independent, scientific experiment, or are you pulling that one out of your ass?!

It was interesting, because this was a retest.  I had discovered this site and others between the time I first tested, and was gullible.  So I was well informed on their tricks.  One of course being to totally convince the testee of the tests virtual invinciblilty.

The key, though, is MAKE NO ADMISSIONS OF ANY KIND.  If you do, they will use it against you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Stealth
New User

Reply #13 - Jun 23rd, 2002 at 9:42pm
Anne Anonomous:

Just out of curiosity, how did you do on the second exam?  Did you try any of the countermeasures?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box VeryCuriousOne

Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2002 at 3:51am

Quote:

Hey false +,

I took the NSA poly awhile back.  

Anyway, the bottom line in taking a counter intelligence poly is to NEVER, NEVER, EVER make an admission.  I don't care what they do or say!

What about in the pre-employ screening test?  What if one (hypothetically) has fairly recently downloaded software/music from one's college network (most likely a felony  -- you'd be suprised how many college students are felons)) and since destroyed it, after realizing doing that sort of thing was really not kosher?  Would it be wise to admit it?  Would the disclosure end eligibility for a position in the NSA or CIA?

What about if one doesn't know whether a background check might turn up someone who will mention it?  Could failing to disclose it likely result in prosecution (I assume it could mean not getting the position)?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Cia/Nsa polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X