Normal Topic ATF use of poly?  type?  recourse? opinions? (Read 3416 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box poly opponent

ATF use of poly?  type?  recourse? opinions?
Feb 6th, 2001 at 4:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does anyone know what type of poly the ATF will use in their upcoming mass hiring of agents??  This is the first time they have used the poly as a screening tool.

Any recourse if one fails?  Does anyone know if ATF has been advised of the lawsuit?

Any opinions on poly'ing (sic) current agents of ATF?  If applicants are required to pass it to become agents, shouldn't current agents be required to 'pass' it to stay in service?  And if so, why shouldn't retired agents be required to 'pass' the poly to keep their federal retirement benefits??

I would assume that if a judge required current agents ( including supervisory and those in the hiring unit) be required to 'pass' a poly, then I would think the poly requirement would go quickly away!!!

Maybe the lawsuit should specify that in order to polygraph applicants, then ***all*** current agents be required to ‘pass’ a poly administered by a independent polyographer!!!  Imagine the scene at the director’s office the moment that edict came out!?!?!    Imagine the number of supervisory agents coming in and saying that you can’t do this-“ I’ll lose people!!!” Don’t believe me- refer to the 1994 FBI new agent class where over 40 % of those new agents – BTW currently serving on duty today- “failed’ the poly!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Maschke (Guest)

Re: ATF use of poly?  type?  recourse? opinions?
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2001 at 6:11pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
Does anyone know what type of poly the ATF will use in their upcoming mass hiring of agents?

I don't know the answer to this question, but if ATF follows the example of other federal law enforcement agencies, it would be using a probable-lie "control" question "test."

As for polygraphing current agents, the idea has some merit on equitable grounds: if applicants must "pass" a polygraph "test," why not current agents? Why not the director, SACs and ASACs? The more sensible solution, however, is a complete ban on lie detector "testing" in the workplace. This is something that will ultimately require passage of a comprehensive Employee Polygraph Protection Act that eliminates the governmental (and other) loopholes.

This will only happen if polygraph opponents like you and me write to our elected officials and demand it. See the AntiPolygraph.org Get Involved page for more on how we can work together to end polygraphy.

IP Logged

ATF use of poly?  type?  recourse? opinions?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X