Normal Topic Passing with flying colors, then failing (Read 6026 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Terri

Passing with flying colors, then failing
Jan 23rd, 2001 at 6:30pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Well, I guess it`s the same ole tipical story. I`m so frustrated and ticked off. Last Monday I took a privite polygraph and passed with flying colors. Yesterday, I had to go to another county and take another one for the prosecutor. Funny he refused to accept the one I passed if these tests are all so accurate !! Anyway, talk about deceitful and crooked !!  First, unknown to my attorney or myself, the arresting officer shows up. I guess this was for the intemidation, you know, much like a bully situation. Next the examiner complained through the first 2 tests, yes 2, but nobody seems to know what happened to those tests, that I was breathing to heavy or to much. I had explained to him before the test that I have a heart murmur, a bad Mitro Valve in my heart, I have Asthma and because of surgery on my ears nose and throat, I`m an opened mouth breather. But they still weren`t done making sure I`d fail. On the thrid test, I was told to hold my breath, yes, stupid me did it, then the blood pressure cup around my arm was so tight that my arm turned purple !!  So they have this arresting officer sitting there with me holding my breath as this blood pressure cup was cutting off all blood flow to my arm and this is a fair test ?  Now whose the crook ?  I know I`d of passed had they played fair !! It`s to bad the prosecutor and police felt the need to intimadate, hurt, and conive to get the results they so desperately wanted !! But how else could they get the results they wanted ? You see, I told the truth all along. I`ve never lied about what happened that day. I have no reason to. Who in their right mind would try to run down someone they had never met, did not know from Adam and had no problems with ? There`s no motive, nothing !! I might have done something real stupid though as I called my attorney and left a message that I`d take one more, but this time, they can have the arresting officer there and my attorney will be there, I will be able to breath normally and the blood pressure cup will be fit properly.  These tests are a joke !!  How can I pass one oneday with flying colors and fail one miserably the next ? They were the exact same questions too. I`m so disappointeed that the legal system felt they had to pull every under handed dirty trick they could think of to get the results they wanted. Sad Shocked

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Maschke (Guest)

Re: Passing with flying colors, then failing
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2001 at 5:54pm
Terri,

I'm sorry you had to learn first hand that the lie detector "test" is no standardized psychometric test.

I am curious about your having been told to hold your breath. Could you explain this further?

I've read of this before. On the NoPolygraph.com message board, in a message dated 8 August 2000, "filna" wrote that he/she was told to hold his/her breath during an FBI pre-employment polygraph interrogation. In a follow-up message, "filna" elaborated:
Quote:
re breathing I explained to the examiner at the beginning of the test that I'm asthmatic, gave him the list of medications that I take, and told him that I did not take one of them that morning (albuterol) because it's a stimulant and I didn't want to introduce any artifact into the test. The examiner adjusted the strain guage around my chest so tight that I couldn't breath properly, which was already an issue due to the asthma. At one point in the test, the examiner told me that my breathing was interfering with the test, and asked me to hold my breath and slowly nod my head in answer to his questions. Of course, this all served to significantly impact the test results, while further increasing my anxiety level.

Last modification: George Maschke - 01/25/01 at 09:54:36

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Terri

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2001 at 12:32am
I knew something wasn`t right when the examiner had to run the test 3 different times, but than when he asked me to hold my breath, why didn`t I walk out ?  I have been searching for a way to contact the polygraph licensing board. I will file a complaint if I ever get my hands on the info on how I can reach them !! I truely believe that the examiner wanted a failing test result and went to great lengthes to obtain the desired results. If any of you have an address or phone number, pleease, let me know. I`ll do us all a favor. I`d also be willing to write my congressman or whoever else needs to be to stop this legalized crime from happening to another !! Sad

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Maschke (Guest)

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2001 at 12:46pm
Quote:
I have been searching for a way to contact the polygraph licensing board.

In what state were you polygraphed? Let me know and I'll see if I can find that information for you.

IP Logged

Passing with flying colors, then failing

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X