Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) cvsa (Read 32563 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rose
New User

Re: cvsa
Reply #15 - Jun 16th, 2001 at 7:35pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Roll EyesPlease see my new thread about my CVSA experience. I am sorry but Gino is dead wrong.  Besides another girl at work told me that her answers came out all truthful even on controlled lie questions and she is about the most unsophisticated, unmanipulative people in the world, either that or according to a CVSA examiner, she is the world's most dangerous psychopath!  Rose

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nate
User

Reply #16 - Jun 18th, 2001 at 5:17pm
"Besides another girl at work told me that her answers came out all truthful even on controlled lie questions"

Rose, I advise you to go do some research and you would see the logical fallacy in your statement.  A "control question" is a question that someone lies on.  In other words, the polygraph examiner won't continue the test until he is sure you lied on the control question. He does this to compare your “lied” reaction to that of your “truthful” reaction on the relevant questions. If you did "truthfully" answer the control question then you would fail or get "inconclusive" results at best.  Go research, than come back to your conclusion then.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods" &&&&-Albert Einstein &&
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #17 - Jun 18th, 2001 at 11:30pm
Quote:
I am sorry but Gino is dead wrong. 

Rose, please specifically explain exactly what you believe that I am "dead wrong" about....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fred
New User

Reply #18 - Jul 23rd, 2001 at 3:26pm
I need some help. I have been with the department of corrections in my state for over 10 years with no problems until recently. An ex-inspector made Captain and she and I went out together a couple of times. I was interested in someone else and after she found out she began retaliating against me. I suddenly found myself the subject of numerous investigations by her former colleagues ( inspectors ) for things that that others weren't investigated for. This occured after I filed a complaint against her for putting toothpaste on my car. A inspector she then started going out with was assigned to one of my cases. He encouraged a nurse who had an ax to grind to take a CVSA test after she cooberated an inmate's allegation that i beat and choked him. Not surprisingly, he informed me in a taunting manner that "she passed with flying colors." Unbeknownst to him, a videotape of the entire incident was in evidence somewhere else and was produced after I e-mailed the head of corrections in our state explaining this situation. The video totally refuted the allegations and it was clear i had done nothing wrong. How did she pass this test then? Now, this same inspector had three disgruntled employees take CVSA test's saying I cursed them. Guess what?!!! They passed according to his excited proclamation. I now face discipline because of the administrative rules allowing allegations to be substantiated due to results of a CVSA. I need help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2001 at 4:15am

fred wrote on Jul 23rd, 2001 at 3:26pm:

this same inspector had three disgruntled employees take CVSA test's saying I cursed them. Guess what?!!! They passed according to his excited proclamation. I now face discipline because of the administrative rules allowing allegations to be substantiated due to results of a CVSA. I need help.

Fred,

You stated that you have already e-mailed the head of your agency. Did you get a reply?  You need to contact this person again and if possible, arrange to meet with them or one of their staff members.

You are being systemically made a disgruntled, problematic employee by your ex, the Captain. However, you did state that you had no "write-ups" in your file prior to you breaking it off with your friend. If all documentation on record shows you have no unfavorable problems, this needs to be brought to the attention of the administrative personnel that run the facility you work at and at the Chiefs office.

The CVSA is being used to corroborate the false statements being made against you. These people are really trying to retaliate against you and get severe disciplinary action against you  If you have noticed in other posts, the only evidence of the CVSA being "accurate" is the testing done by the MANUFACTURER!  Were these other incidents witnessed by other officers?

Have you  considered going to the Internal Affairs people in your agency? If what you are saying here is true, they will investigate and this may help clear you.

Good Luck

Fred F.  Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fred
New User

Reply #20 - Jul 26th, 2001 at 6:45pm
The internal affairs are the very people on the witch hunt of me. They are called the inspector generals office. The female captain I wrote about is a former inspector who dated the inspector on my case. He is the one who is substantiating the allegations against me based on CVSA tests. He is also pressuring witnesses according to those who have been interviewed by him. If you have any information on studies questioning the validity of these tests, please advise.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2001 at 12:18pm
Quote:
If you have any information on studies questioning the validity of these tests, please advise.

Fred, you will want to check out the following article from the American Bar Association's General Practice, Solo, and Small Firm Section Magazine.

CVSA:  Modern Technological Invention or "The Emperor's New Clothes"?

As this article and Fred F point out, CVSA has never shown better than coin-flip accuracy in any study other than the ones done by the manufacturer of the device.  Any reliance on CVSA results is simply foolish. End of story.

You should contact an attorney in your area knowledgeable in labor law and consider taking legal action against this department.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #22 - Jul 28th, 2001 at 2:58am

fred wrote on Jul 26th, 2001 at 6:45pm:

The internal affairs are the very people on the witch hunt of me. They are called the inspector generals office. The female captain I wrote about is a former inspector who dated the inspector on my case.

Fred,

This situation has so much conflict of interest, I concur with Gino. In addition to securing legal assistance, you also need to contact the director's office IMMEDIATELY!. Do you have documentation to back your statements? You already have said your "jacket" is clean after 10 years on the job.

If there are fellow officers to collaborate what is occurring you need to obtain written statements from them. Remember that documentation goes a long way in defending yourself.

Good Luck

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CalifMike

Reply #23 - Aug 29th, 2001 at 10:18pm
???  Gino, Are you aware that the article, "CVSA:  Modern Technological Invention or 'The Emperor's New Clothes'?", is written by a polygraph examiner?

http://www.polygraphplace.com/docs/florida.htm

Quote:

Verity Consulting 
PO Box 14425
Tampa, FL. 33690

School - Canadian Police College (RCMP) '83

email: palmatie@pilot.msu.edu

Nevertheless, the information is useful and helps build confidence for those facing a CVSA exam.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2001 at 12:42am
Califmike,

I was actually unaware of this fact.  Thank you for pointing this out.  At the bottom of the article, Palmatier is described as a "polygraph researcher," but not as a practicing examiner.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was left out on purpose (to obscure the apparent conflict of interest).

I suppose I was fooled by the absence of the usual rhetoric touting the superiority of polygraphy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John Richards

Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2002 at 4:24am
Roll Eyes Does the CVSA have a post-test interrigation like the polygraph? I had a CVSA a few weeks ago and they was no post-test.

thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #26 - Jan 2nd, 2002 at 4:33am
John,

In both CVSA and polygraph "tests," a post-test interrogation is standard procedure if the examiner believes that the subject has answered the relevant questions deceptively. The absence of a post-test interrogation in your case is a good indication that you passed your CVSA "test."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John Richards

Reply #27 - Jan 3rd, 2002 at 9:11pm
Yes your right I passed the CVSA test! Thanks for all your info. You guys are right, this site works  Roll Eyes Maybe i'm not confident with myself, but I bet a lot of people fail the CVSA and the background detective fails you because of your background not the CVSA to not have a lawsuit. Heres what did help for the CVSA::

1) be polite and confident
2) never say anything negative
3) after you take the test relax and read a newspaper or something, I bet they watch your demeanor after the test.
4) bottom line, if the examiner does not like you you fail. End of story. 
5) never disagree with the examiner they are gods when you are in there. If she asks you to bark like a dog, then you bark like a dog. 
6) The examiner kept talking about her stamp collection. So I was a instant stamp collector. Tongue

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box john richards

Reply #28 - Jan 21st, 2002 at 2:31am
yes I am a god! hahahah

URL Smiley Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rescue_Ranger
New User

Reply #29 - Feb 10th, 2002 at 8:31am

Quote:

BINGO. . .

2)  Susceptibility to Countermeasures:  There are no known reliable ways in which an examinee can manipulate the results of CVSA to create a favorable outcome.  Polygraphy, on the other hand, is easily defeated by simple countermeasures.

We have no CVSA unit, but we're playing with an HP 4395 Spectrum Analyzer and PC DSP card, and see clear artifacts for stressed and unstressed subjects saying Yes and No.  We've digitally recorded a person artifically stressed saying "Yes" and "No", and that same person relaxed saying the same thing.  Using a PC for playback and 4 separate keys, we can play back any of the 4 answers at will.  There's no reason we can't put it in a key fob (car door opener sized audio player) and sell them.   

The 4395 can also see the higher frequencies / stress elements over a regular telephone circuit.  As long as you're doing this over the telephone, no one is going to know whether it's you or the key fob answering.  We can also get the DSP card to output just the higher frequencies, or to provide a minimum noise level of the higher frequencies to provide a lower S/N for CVSA machines. There's also no reason we can't add the higher frequencies in a key fob to activate at will.

RR

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
cvsa

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X