Normal Topic Complete truthfulness are CMs even needed (Read 1045 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KingofD
New User

Complete truthfulness are CMs even needed
Oct 25th, 2021 at 10:07pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
If an examinee has an understanding of the polygraph and knows how it works but elects not to use CMs is the knowledge on polygraphy alone enough to have them pass an exam ? 
Although I intend to use mental CMs I fear the risk of getting caught

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Complete truthfulness are CMs even needed
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2021 at 4:18am
If one is completely truthful during a polygraph session, and when asked by the polygraph operator what one knows about polygraphy discloses that one has visited AntiPolygraph.org, posted on this forum, and understands polygraph countermeasures, then one will almost certainly be accused of having used polygraph countermeasures and end up being blacklisted from employment.

Simply telling the truth on a pre-employment polygraph doesn't necessarily increase one's chances of passing. Retired CIA polygrapher John Sullivan has opined that "an honest subject has no better chance than a dishonest subject of getting through the process." And choosing not to use countermeasures doesn't necessarily decrease one's chances of being accused of having used countermeasures.

Polygraph operators have no working method of detecting the kinds of countermeasures outlined in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. And they cannot read your mind.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KingofD
New User

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2021 at 1:55am
George W. Maschke wrote on Oct 26th, 2021 at 4:18am:
If one is completely truthful during a polygraph session, and when asked by the polygraph operator what one knows about polygraphy discloses that one has visited AntiPolygraph.org, posted on this forum, and understands polygraph countermeasures, then one will almost certainly be accused of having used polygraph countermeasures and end up being blacklisted from employment.

Simply telling the truth on a pre-employment polygraph doesn't necessarily increase one's chances of passing. Retired CIA polygrapher John Sullivan has opined that "an honest subject has no better chance than a dishonest subject of getting through the process." And choosing not to use countermeasures doesn't necessarily decrease one's chances of being accused of having used countermeasures.

Polygraph operators have no working method of detecting the kinds of countermeasures outlined in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. And they cannot read your mind.

Thank you for your response George.  If I elect to use mathematical mental countermeasures without controlling my breathing is that adequate to skew the results in my favor Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2021 at 11:34am
KingofD wrote on Oct 27th, 2021 at 1:55am:
If I elect to use mathematical mental countermeasures without controlling my breathing is that adequate to skew the results in my favor

No one can say with confidence that any particular countermeasure will be adequate to change the outcome of any particular polygraph session. In The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, we advise combining mental countermeasures or tongue-biting with a breathing reaction. Note that breathing is the only tracing on the polygraph charts that the subject can directly control.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Complete truthfulness are CMs even needed

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X