Normal Topic Second poly soon after failing. have some questions (for probation) (Read 2223 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box panicattackdisorder123

Second poly soon after failing. have some questions (for probation)
Apr 7th, 2021 at 2:55am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi. So I failed my first test. The guy giving it was a roided out arrogant prick. His whole gimmick was to try to be as intimidating as possible. He immediately thought I was lying about researching online about polygraphs and when I told him I hadnt he kept bringing it up saying that theres no facts online about it and how the test is supposedly infallible. It was all b.s. and I could tell but I had no idea how much that pressure he was building on me would effect me til I was in the chair.

A question I have after leaving my "deceptive" result test is whether or not I can actually invoke the 5th amendment during a test to pretty much say use my rights against this pseudoscientific crap. I cant believe these things are even used in my state. It cant be used as evidence against me so what is the point.

From what I've read on the forums a few things have worked for some people.   

1. Rephrasing the question in your mind before answering. If he asks: "are you currently in a relationship" you can rephrase it to "have I walked a dog today?" and safely answer no to that question. Is this effective?

2. Tongue biting? Is this just biting your tongue between answers from start to finish?

3. Xanax and Tramadol? I mean I could see the combination of sedation and euphoria making it easier to get through this. Is it effective?
I dont have tramadol but could easily get Kratom which is essentially an opiate. I have access to flualprazolam, a stronger version of xanax. I do have pretty bad anxiety and panic attack disorder (multiple hospitalizations and been to 24hour psychiatric facilities due to panic attacks. I had two after my last failure it was...bad to say the least.)

Would it be best to do all 3? Just one? Combination of two? I'm also taking gabapentin, seroquel and propanolol as my daily meds.

I am pretty worried about failing this again as I have court next month to give the judge an update and two failed polygraphs wont look good to these pro-polygraph entities. (My PO knows it's all bullshit and hates that she has to put me through this. Womp womp)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Second poly soon after failing. have some questions (for probation)
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 7:46am
It sounds like you're planning to lie on a relevant question. I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

You'll want to consult an attorney regarding the extent to which you can invoke your 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination. Five years ago, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit held that certain mandatory polygraph questions are unconstitutional.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box panickattackdisorder123

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 3:16pm
More like I'm trying to insure I don't fail again on the questions I was supposedly deceptive on. Theres so much riding on this that certain questions last time noticeably illicited a physical response that I was very aware of. I nearly had a panic attack and felt so sick I was going to vomit.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 3:30pm
Also want to add its not for a sex offense but for a misdemeanor assault.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 12:25am
George W. Maschke wrote on Apr 7th, 2021 at 7:46am:
It sounds like you're planning to lie on a relevant question. I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

You'll want to consult an attorney regarding the extent to which you can invoke your 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination. Five years ago, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit held that certai Lips Sealedn mandatory polygraph questions are unconstitutional.

Honest question here but what makes you assume I plan on lying on a relevant question. I dont even think I was asked control questions last time. 
Being that were on a forum and not face to face wouldnt it be kind of hypocritical to assume someone is planning on lying considering you're the author of the lie behind the lie detector which repeatedly states states there's no accurate way of detecting someone is lying.

The guy last time pretty obviously made the assumption I was lying right off the bat in his immediately doubts about whether or not Id read anything online. I mean your book essentially explains to people how to beat the test one way or another whether they're lying or not you tell people to lie multiple times in the book by telling them not to tell the operator you've read the book If they ask what you know.

I'm literally just a victim of a false positive looking for guidance by asking what works best for people in my shoes with literally disorders that clearly crappity smack with all this. It would be ridiculous to say mental health disorders dont cause false positives.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 3:51am
Quote:
Honest question here but what makes you assume I plan on lying on a relevant question.

I inferred that you probably intend to lie on a relevant question from this question you asked in your first post:

Quote:
1. Rephrasing the question in your mind before answering. If he asks: "are you currently in a relationship" you can rephrase it to "have I walked a dog today?" and safely answer no to that question. Is this effective?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 4:39pm
Thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to the "this is how you pass" threat that's popular?? Or at least viewed 60k plus times.

Your book literally tells people to lie man. Lie about all sorts of things in strategic ways. I'm not sure why you're trying to assume anything instead of informing me what I should do. I keep seeing people say there's no evidence that peoples mental health disoeders have adverse effect  on the test resulting in failures. That's the same shtick the operators give and it's obviously bullshit. Theres no logical reason why having documented mental health issues like anxiety and panic attack disorders wouldnt mess up results. I cant focus I sweat like mad i jolt at accusations and I can barely get through a JOB INTERVIEW and this is an outright insane version of an interrogation. Why wouldnt it all illicit 'bad' results. It's not an exact science. 

There need to be some serious petitions to get some ballot initiatives to get these things BANNED using facts only

IP Logged

Second poly soon after failing. have some questions (for probation)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X