Normal Topic Husband Failed a single issue test!! (Read 3044 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Idk

Husband Failed a single issue test!!
Oct 15th, 2019 at 11:08pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi-
I’m a very insecure person and wife. I seen emails more then friendly ones in my husbands work email. Where he told a younger woman that “his wife wouldn’t like them LOL’ing in email, especially with pretty girls” ... I flew off the handle and later found out that for 2-3 weeks they were texting work gossip and banter back and forth via text at work. Of course all deleted and I could never read them.
Anyway he swore he hid it bc I over react, told her to keep it professional and apologized profusely. Well I could t let it go and asked him to take a polygraph to which he said absolutely. 
We met the lady and she asked a little of the background... I told her about the deleted emails and texts and she looked at him and said you can get deleted things back just get them. He answered I couldn’t we tried. To which she shot me a look. 
She then asked if we should do a single issue test as it’s 99 percent accurate so I agreed. All questions were Bout any form of sexual contact. She wrote the questions down asked him to read them and if he agreed to them to which he wrote yes. She then said you just wrote yes to having sex with the girl... which he jumbled around and said that’s not what I meant. And scribbled it out and wrote no. I immediately thought he failed. He’s a liar. So I feel like she did to but I’m not sure.
Anyway- he failed she said he failed really badly. We drove home before getting the results and he told me I owed him a new xbox for putting him through that because she asked him if he had sec with animals and an entire slur of questions that made him uncomfortable. I said good that means when you got to the real question it should have been easy to answer with no stress he said it was. She called on the phone on our drive home and said he failed. Miserably. He said he was waiting for balloons and a camera to pop out. He wouldn’t come in the house slept in the driveway said he belongs in a mental hospital because he knows he didn’t have sex with her in anyway or touch her. Cried he can’t believe he put us in this situation.
The next day he paid 600 to take it again with a new place. I didn’t go but I talked to the lady and set it up. Well he passed. So I have no idea what to believe. He passed on a different kind of test though asking if he ever had sex with anyone elSe since we have been married, asked if he had any sexual contact with the girl from work but this time the lady said her name idk why she could but the other lady couldn’t. He said this lady made him feel more comfortable and he did call the other lady back to retake her test initially which I heard him.. he was kind and nice not accusing her just asked if her machine was callaborated and could he come there now and retake it.. to which she said only if you admit to touching. The girl in some way.. to which he said he can’t admit that.. she said my results are 90 percent accurate especially on single issue tests. And I called her recently and told her he passed one and she said are you sure it was a single issue test it’s more reliable and I’m certified. Well this other lady was certified to

Now idk what to believe. Did the first examiner have more experience, did she judge him do they? Is asking if you have sexy with animals normal? The other lady made my husband feel comfortable and asked him different questions like did you ever find her friends attractive... but I really don’t think he ever has so was that a bad question? What in the actual heck!!! 
I should prolly just leave ..

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Husband Failed a single issue test!!
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 7:53am
Polygraph "testing" is not 99% accurate nor is it 90% accurate. It has not been proven through peer-reviewed research to reliably work at better-than-chance levels under field conditions. See professor William G. Iacono's article, "Forensic 'Lie Detection': Procedures Without Scientific Basis":

https://antipolygraph.org/articles/article-018.shtml

It would be foolhardy to make any decisions about your marriage on the basis of polygraph chart readings.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box IDK

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 2:55pm
Thank you for responding! I’m just so confused how someone can be so admit about my life decision. She said she’s not a counselor it’s her job to give me the truth! 

Then there’s another lady same credentials saying I’m sorry but that’s not the truth he passed. 

You would think even to show reliability the second one would have failed him purposely. She just said there’s no signs of deception.

I really wonder if it’s bc I went to the first one crying saying I feel like he’s lying and the second one he sought out super eager to show his innocence. 

I felt like she judged his guilt when we were talking by the back handed looks she kept giving me. However, I appreciated that bc I wanted her to really dig deep. 

Do they judge when they meet a person? 
Are single issue tests really the most accurate? 
Why would he respond more to did you do this... if he knows he didn’t.. versus did you sleep with a dog? Can the lie detector register embarrassment and shame? He’s told me he’s so embarrassed about deleting texts and the situation he put us in but he didn’t say when asked that question he felt weird he just said I told the truth. 

He did say she kept saying stop moving, I know counter measures I will stop the test. He said he was so uncomfortable but then again that’s the point isn’t it? 
Frustrating  Cry

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 3:43pm
Quote:
Do they judge when they meet a person?

Yes, and the polygraph operator's subjective feelings regarding whether or not a person is truthful can influence outcomes.

Quote:
Are single issue tests really the most accurate?

Perhaps to the extent that with single-issue "tests," there are fewer questions for the operator to be wrong about. But both single-issue and mutiple-issue polygraph "tests" are voodoo science.

Quote:
Why would he respond more to did you do this... if he knows he didn’t.. versus did you sleep with a dog?

Who knows? Perhaps because he correctly understood that the first question was the most important one?

Quote:
Can the lie detector register embarrassment and shame?

Embarrassment, shame, and a multitude of other things can result in reactions measurable by the polygraph instrument.

For more on why polygraph chart readings are not to be relied upon, I recommend you watch season 7, episode 5 of Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, which is about lie detectors. It is presently available online here:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/JbcdYjQzdx6i/

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 4:31pm
Thank you for being so kind

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 4:37pm
Sorry, one other question. Does her number mean anything? She said to fail ur at a -4 or something she said she’s so confident he’s a liar bc he was at a -22 or something. She said clear as day accurate?! Do the numbers mean something to you? 

My husband said they do to him??? He said if he were to accuse me of sleeping with someone else and I had no proof I didn’t and then I sat in a chair knowing we had a home, 3 kids and that your spouse is crying ... that of course he would react when the question is asked?! I guess I’m just thinking well if someone said to be did u sleep with such and such I would go no-  he goes yea but be threatened with divorce and shaming yourself and kids with a machine hooked up to u... he said wouldn’t I be a crappity smack yard if answering that under those circumstances didn’t scare me?!??!??  Uggggg

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 6:13pm
Quote:
Sorry, one other question. Does her number mean anything? She said to fail ur at a -4 or something she said she’s so confident he’s a liar bc he was at a -22 or something. She said clear as day accurate?! Do the numbers mean something to you?

You need to understand that polygraph chart readings have no scientific basis, and hence no diagnostic value, whatsoever. Whether the score is -4 or -22, it doesn't matter. It's all bullshit.

Quote:
My husband said they do to him??? He said if he were to accuse me of sleeping with someone else and I had no proof I didn’t and then I sat in a chair knowing we had a home, 3 kids and that your spouse is crying ... that of course he would react when the question is asked?! I guess I’m just thinking well if someone said to be did u sleep with such and such I would go no-  he goes yea but be threatened with divorce and shaming yourself and kids with a machine hooked up to u... he said wouldn’t I be a crappity smack yard if answering that under those circumstances didn’t scare me?!??!??  Uggggg

How can you prove that you haven't been unfaithful to your husband? If he were to accuse you of infidelity and demand that you report to a polygraph operator to be tested, how would you feel? Indignant? Angry? Scared? Worried about the possible outcome for you and your children?

That might be how your husband felt.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Husband Failed a single issue test!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X