Normal Topic Can you share your story? (Read 3362 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lupacexi
New User

Can you share your story?
Sep 17th, 2018 at 4:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was disqualified (DQ'ed) from an agency because they said I failed the polygraph.  I was told I could reapply in a year or two and I would like to.  I wonder if a previously failed poly bans me for life from an agency, but if it does, why would they say I could reapply?  Has anyone ever successfully, meaning that you got hired with an EOD, reapplied to an agency after a polygraph rejection?  If you have can you share your story?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Can you share your story?
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 9:09am
In the 18 years that AntiPolygraph.org has been online, I have not heard from a single person who failed a federal pre-employment polygraph and successfully re-applied with the same agency.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dick Tracy

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 4:10am
I will tell you for a FACT that NSA, DIA, FBI, and CIA ban you for LIFE when you fail the poly.  Even though they tell you that you can still reapply in a year, which you can, but they will still reject your application.  They may be so kind as to tell you that you failed the background check, which includes the poly in their opinion, on your previous recruitment which is why you got rejected again.  Or, they won't tell you.  You take days to fill out another application, put in all that hard work, and get rejected again.  Fail the poly, banned for life.  Only solution is reapply with a new name and social security number.  Though you will have to get your old college transcripts, employment history, and other stuff to match your new fake identity.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 4:53pm
Quote:
Only solution is reapply with a new name and social security number.  Though you will have to get your old college transcripts, employment history, and other stuff to match your new fake identity.

Yeah, that's just what this guy needs, compound a failed polygraph with reapplying under a false name.  Now we know why you were disqualified.

What a crappity smacking moron.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JEr1cks0n

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 3:54am
I wish I had this website three years ago. I was submitted for a high-pressure polygraph when I was submitted to get my security clearance for my job. I, knowing nothing about how these worked, confessed to literally everything I did ever, giving a couple of damaging admissions in the process. Of course, I was denied my security clearance because of it. Now, three years later, my company wants to promote/re-locate me and it would be a great opportunity for my family, but I would have to go through the clearance process all over again. 
Is it even worth going through it again because of my previous damaging admissions? Should I even try? What do I do? What do I say?

IP Logged

Can you share your story?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X