Normal Topic U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch Challenge Coin (Read 4201 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch Challenge Coin
Aug 22nd, 2018 at 8:43am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
A U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch "challenge coin" has recently appeared for sale on eBay, and AntiPolygraph.org has obtained a specimen:

On one face appears the text "U.S.S.S. POLYGRAPH BRANCH" above the U.S. Secret Service logo. Beneath it appears the mock Latin phrase, "JUSTICA PER VERUM." It would seem that "Justice through truth" is intended. Although I'm not a Latin scholar, I believe that in actual Latin, "Iustitia ex veritate" is closer to what was intended. Comments welcome.

On the opposite face appears the legend "LET THE MIND GAMES BEGIN" under which appears a winged flaming skull with red eyes. How appropriate.

The skull emblem seems to be a cultural reference; if anyone recognizes it for sure, I'd be interested to know. A Google image search indicates that the winged skull emblem -- though typically not flaming -- is popular with some owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. A winged skull is also the emblem of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club.

Finally, at the bottom of the coin, the cryptic word "RUNDI" appears. It's not hard to decipher. It means, "Are you NDI?" This latter abbreviation is short for "no deception indicated," which is polygrapher jargon for "passing" or "truthful." I suppose, in a pinch, U.S.S.S. polygraph operators can flip their challenge coins to make the call.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2021 at 7:08am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dennis M

Re: U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch Challenge Coin
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:24pm
I am in the hiring process to become a CBP (Customs Border Protection) officer.  I am a USAF veteran that served 8 Honorable years and now I am in the Reserves to serve out my remainder 12 year till retirement.  I've taken the CBP Polygraph exam with CBP two times and failed it twice:'(....I'm like "wwwwhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt " Shocked Shocked Shocked?!?!?!?!?! I haven't done anything bad in my life and been an outstanding citizen, pay my taxes on time and do what I can to only succeed in what I do.  During the pretesting part I told them that when I was in college I did take part in smoking the green stuff to which they said "It was in college and back in '02 so we don't care"  I've read that the Honorable POTUS is trying to give a waiver to Law Enforcement officers and Military which I hope comes soon so I can go through and become a successful CBP officer so I can go out and protect the US citizens from the bad people.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch Challenge Coin
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 9:21am
A much tamer U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch "challenge coin" has recently appeared for sale on eBay:

This calls to mind the Air Force Office of Special Investigations polygraph unit's ditching the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST ... ALL OTHERS WE POLYGRAPH" in favor of the milquetoast "AT THE CENTER OF TRUTH IS 'U.'"

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Branch Challenge Coin

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X