Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Suggest all USSS Applicants Consider Refusing a Polygraph Exam from Special Agent Ellen Ripperger (Read 28590 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggest all USSS Applicants Consider Refusing a Polygraph Exam from Special Agent Ellen Ripperger
Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 9:06am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
AntiPolygraph.org has obtained the attached three lightly redacted documents connected with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission action documented earlier in this message thread.

1. An appeal decision dated 22 September 2020 and signed by Office of Federal Operations director Carlton M. Hadden upholding Administrative Judge Antoinette Eates' 20 August 2018 Order Entering Judgment (in favor of the U.S. Secret Service, granting summary judgment).

2. Complainant's Request to Reconsider Appeal #[redacted] Affirming a Decision for Summary Judgment to the United States Secret Service Without a Hearing dated 20 October 2020. This 28-page document enumerates seven reasons why granting of summary judgment was improper. Among other things, it is noted that a DHS OIG investigation into Special Agent Ellen Ripperger's actions is still active, and that granting of summary judgment to the Secret Service during the pendency of the investigation is inappropriate.

3. The U.S. Secret Service's Agency's Brief in Opposition to Complainant's Request for Reconsideration dated 9 November 2020.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box USSSWARNING
New User

Re: Secret Service again refuses to release polygraph recording in a Different Polygraph Court Case
Reply #16 - May 29th, 2021 at 3:39am
The United States Secret Service again refuses to release the polygraph recording in a Different Polygraph Court Case.

An article in clearance jobs from Attorney Sean M. Bigley where a Secret Service polygraph examinee was also repeatedly accused of being a drug addict and a liar, and the examiner threatened to “waterboard” the examinee if she doesn’t come clean with "whatever else she’s hiding."

The Secret Service is again refusing to release the recording of the polygraph that would corroborate the polygraph examinee’s accusations.

Attorney Sean M. Bigley encourages those with similar experiences to immediately contact the Office of Inspector General.  In this instance however, the Office of Inspector General has done nothing and has failed to respond to the inquiries of United States Senator Chris Van Hollen and FOIA requests, which has the hallmarks of being complicit in a coverup.

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2018/01/21/background-investigator-threatens-wate...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Re: Suggest all USSS Applicants Consider Refusing a Polygraph Exam from Special Agent Ellen Ripperger
Reply #17 - May 29th, 2021 at 4:45pm
USSSWARNING wrote on May 29th, 2021 at 3:39am:
Attorney Sean M. Bigley encourages those with similar experiences to immediately contact the Office of Inspector General.

Take it from me, the Office of Inspector Generals are unable or unwilling to do anything about polygraph abuse.

It is way past time for Congress to extend the rights granted by the Employee Polygraph Protection Act to all Americans. Giving the government an exemption to this law has opened the door for widespread fraud, waste, abuse, and corruption.

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Administrator

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2021 at 3:10pm
AntiPolygraph.org has obtained the attached two lightly redacted documents connected with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) action documented earlier in this message thread:

1. The complainant's 34-page "Response to United States Secret Service (USSS) Opposition for Reconsideration of Appeal #[redacted] Affirming a Decision for Summary Judgment to the United States Secret Service Without a Hearing" ("Response") dated 22 February 2021.

We are informed that the complainant, acting pro se, emailed this Response to the Secret Service's legal counsel, Steven Giballa, on 22 February 2021 and FedExed it to the EEOC on 23 February 2021.

2. The EEOC's 4-page "Decision on Request for Consideration" ("Decision") dated 23 February 2021, denying the complainant's request.

The complainant hypothesizes that the Secret Service's counsel, upon receiving the complainant's email on the 22nd of February, may have had an ex parte communication with the EEOC that resulted in the EEOC issuing its Decision the very next day, the 23rd of February, before the complainant's response had reached the EEOC.

Indeed, when the complainant's Response did reach the EEOC some time later, apparently after having been held up in a mail screening process (the FedEx packet bears a magenta Department of Homeland Security tape on one side), the EEOC refused to take delivery of it and sent it back unopened.

Photos of the Response as received by the complainant are attached.

IP Logged

Administrator

Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2021 at 3:15pm
AntiPolygraph.org has received a redacted copy of a complaint filed with the Virginia State Bar against U.S. Secret Service lawyer Steven Giballa. The complaint alleges "numerous violations of the Virginia Bar Association professional guidelines in his submissions to the [Equal Employment Opportunity Commission] on behalf of the United States Secret Service..."

Ultimately, the Virginia State Bar declined to investigate or to take any action.

The complaint and ensuing correspondence are attached.

IP Logged

Administrator

Lafayette Instrument Company Affidavit in U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Complaint
Reply #20 - Jan 28th, 2024 at 1:17pm
AntiPolygraph.org has obtained a redacted copy of the 3-page affidavit of a senior employee of the Lafayette Instrument Company attesting, among other things, that "The Lafayette Polygraph Software contains two mechanisms to allow the examiner to monitor the audio recordings and avoid failures."

The U.S. Secret Service claims (implausibly, in our view) that due to an equipment malfunction, the audio recording of the polygraph examination at issue in this message thread was almost wholly inaudible.

This affidavit supports the conclusion that if there was indeed an equipment malfunction, the polygraph examiner, in this case U.S. Secret Service Special Agent Ellen Ripperger, should have been aware of it as it occurred.

The circumstances surrounding this polygraph examination remain the subject of an as-yet-uncompleted Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General investigation.

IP Logged

Administrator

Acoustic Analysis of U.S. Secret Service Polygraph Recording Points to Willful Spoliation
Reply #21 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 8:43pm
AntiPolygraph.org has obtained a redacted copy of an 11-page affidavit provided by an electrical engineer with expertise in acoustic data processing regarding the audio data from U.S. Secret Service Special Agent Ellen Ripperger's polygraph examination of an applicant.

The applicant alleges abusive conduct by Ripperger that became the subject of both a U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint and a Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General investigation that remains open.

The audio recording of the polygraph session is mostly incomprehensible, and the U.S. Secret Service claims that this is due to an equipment failure that occurred in the midst of the polygraph session, unbeknownst to the operator.

However, the audio expert notes, among other things (at para. 24): "If the microphone failed during this examination while capturing the "Audio_02" and "Audio_03" files, it would be an atypical microphone failure. Usually solid state devices either work (record properly), or do not work (record nothing.) Recording random noise at high decibel levels is an unusual microphone failure."

This affidavit, combined with the affidavit from the Lafayette Instrument Company (which manufactured the polygraph instrument used) attached to the preceding post, makes it very difficult to credit the Secret Service's claim that the audio was lost due to equipment failure. It seems much more likely that the Secret Service deliberately tampered with the audio in a flight from accountability.

IP Logged

Administrator

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2024 at 5:15pm
We have obtained a redacted copy of a 2-page affidavit provided by U.S. Secret Service Special Agent Ellen Ripperger regarding the polygraph examination that was at issue in a U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint and that remains relevant to an ongoing Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General (DHS OIG) investigation.

Regarding the polygraph examination at issue, the recording of which, as provided by the U.S. Secret Service, was almost entirely incomprehensible, Ripperger under penalty of perjury affirmed, among other things:

Quote:
4. On September 18, 2014, I recorded the polygraph examinaton of Mr. [redacted] using a microphone that plugs into my Secret Service laptop computer.

5. After I recorded the preamble to Mr. [redacted] examination, I unplugged the microphone from the laptop so that I could listen to the introduction. This is my usual practice, and I do this to verify that the audio recording software is functioning properly.

6. After I listened to the preamble, I plugged the microphone back into my laptop to record Mr. [redacted] examination.

7. Throughout the September 18, 2014, polygraph examination of Mr. [redacted] the display screen on my laptop monitor indicated that the audio recording software was functioning properly.

8. I checked my laptop monitor several times during the polygraph examination of Mr. [redacted] to confirm that the audio recording was functioning.

9. Because my laptop indicated that the audio recording software was functioning properly, I did not stop the examination to listen to the recording, aside from when I listened to the preamble. This is my usual practice when conducting polygraph examinations.

In order for paras. 7, 8, and 9 to be true, both the Lafayette software's "Warn on low audio" failsafe and the audio bar indicator mentioned in the Lafayette Instrument Company's affidavit must have failed. This beggars belief.

AntiPolygraph.org understands that the DHS OIG, in a meeting with attorney Thomas Gagliardo, admitted it sent the audio files of this exam out for forensic examination. If that forensic analysis did not suggest tampering, then why was this investigation not closed immediately? Indeed, it seemingly remains open in perpetuity.

IP Logged

Suggest all USSS Applicants Consider Refusing a Polygraph Exam from Special Agent Ellen Ripperger

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X