Normal Topic Poly/CVSA victim several times over (Read 2905 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Vince

Poly/CVSA victim several times over
Oct 11th, 2017 at 3:45am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have looked over this site several times as I have been a victim of polygraphs and CVSA. I figured I'd share this today as I had an experience this morning watching officers from an agency I had an offer from carrying out their duty. 
I have received 3 offers from different law enforcement agencies, this is after I even put my self therough an academy on my dime. 
The one agency was just waiting to get me a start date as I passed all the background check stages with flying colors. Then came the poly and they told me I "showed a reaction to drug questions." This was a shock to me as I don't even use over the counter medication and am a big proponent of natural health. After the examiner grilled me through a bad TV style interrogation I got a rejection despite passing everything else.   

I recently got another offer from another agency that in order to finalize I had to resign my current job. I was fine doing this because I had 3 active law enforcement officers vouching for me and was told from someone at the agency that he was told by the hiring staff that I was the only one in contention for the job. Then comes the CVSA. This time I pass the drug question but was instead told I was deceptive about domestic violence of all things. And with that my "sure thing" job was gone. 

The poly and CVSA have effectively ruined my life. It has left me without a job, having lost two jobs I had formal offers for, cost me my dream that I have worked towards for years. And despite all that the worst part is after trying hard to lead a good clean life these bullsh*t machines are branding me a drug abusing wife beater. Nothing like carrying that around when trying to get a job.

What is it worth to lead a good life, stay out of trouble, do all the work to deserve what you want to be, yet flawed machine holds your fate.
In a final irony I've had poly examiners look down on the fact that I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs and I must be hiding something.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Re: Poly/CVSA victim several times over
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
...in order to finalize I had to resign my current job.

Aunty understands every single one of these words but when you string them together like that it makes her want to lock you away in a padded room. 

Never never quit your current job until you have a signed employment contract (letter of acceptance) for your next job. Any agency that requires you to this is effectively handing you a guarantee that they intend to abuse and exploit you. 

Aunty feels that this is an excellent occasion to point out that no person, party, or agency can completely ruin your life without your willing coöperation. 

IP Logged

Poly/CVSA victim several times over

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X