Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Imprisoned Polygraph Critic Doug Williams on This American Life Radio Program (Read 91512 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Imprisoned Polygraph Critic Doug Williams on This American Life Radio Program
Jun 8th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Imprisoned polygraph critic Doug Williams will be featured on the next episode of the public radio show This American Life, which is "broadcast on more than 500 stations to about 2.2 million listeners." Details on how to listen are available here:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/about

A preview of the broadcast, titled "Mr. Lie Detector," is available here:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/618/mr-lie-detector

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Imprisoned Polygraph Critic Doug Williams on This American Life Radio Program
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 6:01am
This American Life's story about Doug Williams can now be listened to online or downloaded here:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/618/mr-lie-detector

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Re: Imprisoned Polygraph Critic Doug Williams on This American Life Radio Program
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 12:48am
Is Doug Williams a political prisoner, or just another victim of government corruption?   

Near the end, he asks "what lines did I cross?"  Maybe the question should be "whose lines did I cross?"   

The insidious Polygraph Industrial Complex is embedded so far up our national security ass that they can't be stopped.

Mr. Williams represents a threat to their livelihood - one he wants desperately to destroy.  I say sic 'em.  Behind you one hundred percent brother.

I can't wait for the next chapter!

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:34am
John M.,

Thank you sir for your support - and please know that the next phase of my crusade against the insidious, evil Orwellian polygraph industry will be the most intense yet.  Among other things, there will be a major motion picture, a documentary a class action lawsuit and an extensive speaking tour.  I'm going to do my dead level best to utterly destroy the polygraph industry and hold the polygraph practitioners up to the contempt and ridicule they so richly deserve.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 8:59pm
I'm all in Mr. Williams.  Let me know how I can be of your assistance.

We simply have to stop these criminals from ruining the lives of innocent people.

Congress got it absolutely right when they enacted the EPPA, but why on earth does the law stop short and allow the government to abuse its employees?

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 9:51pm
John M. wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 8:59pm:
but why on earth does the law stop short and allow the government to abuse its employees?

Simple:  to neutralize national security risks JUST LIKE YOU.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 10:12pm
quickfix wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 9:51pm:
Simple:  to neutralize national security risks JUST LIKE YOU.

You're the biggest threat to national security Quickfix.  Thanks for admitting, though, that the government abuses its employees.  The government owes its employees the same loyalty that they owe it.   Grin

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 10:35pm
Doug Williams wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 4:34am:
a class action lawsuit and an extensive speaking tour.  I'm going to do my dead level best to utterly destroy the polygraph industry and hold the polygraph practitioners up to the contempt and ridicule they so richly deserve.

Please let me know when you start the class action lawsuit.  I would like to join this one.  Also, when their ship starts sinking, the polygraph examiners will point their fingers at the security officials and the security officials will point their fingers at the polygraph examiners.  Take them all down! Angry
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2017 at 3:32pm by Wandersmann »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2017 at 9:52pm
quickfix, piece of crap.  Trolls around here like he's all tough.  What's your real name asswipe?

Just another abuser.   

Did you poly Reality Winner too?  Or, was she one of the tens of thousands of people every year that do not really successfully pass the polygraph, but get/get to keep their clearances?

Though thou exalt thyself like an eagle and make thy nest in the stars, thence I will bring thee down, sayeth the Lord.
- Obadiah 1

Twitter  
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:40am
To John M.:

John - I will be out in 40 days and will be working with the attorneys who have indicated a willingness to prosecute these tort actions and start the class action.  We will begin putting the cases together and I'll be soliciting people to be a part of the class action on my website POLYGRAPH.COM and I hope Dr. Maschke will assist in this process as well.  The day of reckoning is coming for the thugs like quickfix who have been running this lie detector scam...   

To quickfix:

Be sure your sins will find you out - the day of reckoning is near...

To Wandersmann: 

The scenario you described is exactly what will happen.  The truth will out and justice will no longer be denied to the victims of the evil polygraph industry - and I welcome you to be a part of it.  Keep the faith, help is on the way.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:44pm
John M. wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 9:52pm:
quickfix, piece of crap.  Trolls around here like he's all tough.  What's your real name asswipe?

Just another abuser.  

Did you poly Reality Winner too?  Or, was she one of the tens of thousands of people every year that do not really successfully pass the polygraph, but get/get to keep their clearances?

Though thou exalt thyself like an eagle and make thy nest in the stars, thence I will bring thee down, sayeth the Lord.
- Obadiah 1

Well said John M.

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:40pm
Doug Williams wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
Well said John M.

I agree.  There is something else I have recently thought of.  It has been 5 years since I've had anything to do with the government and I am speculating and could be wrong.  I wonder, however, if people being adjudicated for a SECRET clearance have a more stringent background investigation than those being adjudicated for TS+ clearances?  Things have changed a lot since I was affiliated with the government and I will be forever thankful that I was blessed to serve with people of high moral character unlike the narcissistic slugs that are running things today.  

At any rate, I do not believe that people getting a SECRET clearance are polygraphed and therefore must successfully pass an old-fashioned background investigation.  Although I am certain that anyone filing for a federal job must submit a SF-86, it seems to me that people going for TS+ clearances might get a less stringent background investigation if they pass the poly.  I base this theory on reading about the most recent NSA leak case.  The young woman who was arrested must have passed a polygraph to get her contract, or prior access.  If you look at her background, however, it seems that a competent background investigator should have seen lots of red flags regarding her background.

Just something to consider.  If I am correct, these polygraph frauds are not only ruining innocent lives, they are a huge threat to national security.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:55pm
Doug Williams wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:40am:
Keep the faith, help is on the way.

Thank you sir!  You are a true American hero.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 6:56pm
Wandersmann wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
I am correct, these polygraph frauds are not only ruining innocent lives, they are a huge threat to national security.

Absolutely.  They are being lazy by relying on the polygraph to do their jobs for them.   

To the ignorant, it seems like a good idea - to the abusers, it's a way to show they're doing something to justify their phony baloney jobs.  Credibility Assessments Branch - what a joke that is.  They said I had a "lack of insight" and a "proclivity to externalize blame". WTF?

But you know what it really is.  It's nothing less than institutionalized discrimination - and they know it!

Let's roll.

Twitter  
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #14 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 2:45am
Wandersmann wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
Just something to consider.  If I am correct, these polygraph frauds are not only ruining innocent lives, they are a huge threat to national security.

You have nailed the most salient point yet - relying on the results of a polygraph test is most certainly a very serious threat to national security.  And the thugs in the polygraph profession who lie about the validity and reliability of the test are nothing more than traitors who are perpetrating this fraud simply to unjustly enrich themselves.

Wandersmann wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 5:55pm:
Thank you sir!  You are a true American hero.

Sir, I cannot tell you how comforting those words are as I sit here in prison simply because I have "protested the loudest and longest against the polygraph".  I'm reminded of the lyrics of an old Rock & Roll song:  "I'm just a man whose intentions are good - oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood".

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Imprisoned Polygraph Critic Doug Williams on This American Life Radio Program

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X