Normal Topic Questions about control question. Need clarification ! (Read 1812 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Alexxx13
New User

Questions about control question. Need clarification !
Nov 22nd, 2016 at 2:46am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello all. I am a new member but not new to this site . After much concern about failing a poly while telling the truth , I found myself on this site. I am no saint but I'm not some gang banger running the streets lol. Just your typical guy who's smoked pot a few times in college , a few parking tickets . No criminal background . I am applying for several local law enforcement agencies hence my concern for the test. I have been on hundreds of threads and topics on here and am quite familiar "so I think" with the procedures .  I have read and downloaded TLBTLD and found it most informative and gave me a great bit of confidence and relief . I have read and re read chapters 3 and 4 and understand control , irrelevant , and relevant . I understand the countermeasures that can be applied , both mental and physical . My question for George or any one who has experience with polys is this . During my control questions , when "I'm suppose to purposely lie" , wouldn't  telling the truth while applying CMs work as well and give the examiner what he or she wants to see  ,of coursewhile applying controlled breathing during relevant . It seems the purpose of the control is to set a baseline on how you react during a lie to compare to the relevant , being the questions they ask they assume everyone has done. So if I were to honestly answer all the control questions while applying CMs how would I go about answering the same question reworded , like , "other than what you have told me "? Keep applying CMs? Or treat the same reworded question as a relevant with control breathing and happy thoughts ? Or would I be safer just lying on controls while applying CMs and control my breathing on the relevant . wouldn't it seem suspicious and look bad on my behalf  to lie on all the control questions with the polygraph administrator assuming everyone has lied to a love one or stolen something ect ect . 
Any insight would be much appreciated with my polygraph coming up in a couple weeks . Like I said , I am new to all this but think I have a good understanding . If I am wrong , tell me I am wrong and rebuttal me with correct information as there are people on here with experience and knowledge . Thanks in advanced !! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Questions about control question. Need clarification !

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X