Normal Topic Poly beating technique - please help! (Read 4433 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MarioCandido
New User

Poly beating technique - please help!
Jul 21st, 2016 at 2:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi All

So I have a poly coming up for something i have been accused of by my other half...

I have read the TLBTLD book 3 times now and there were some questions and would really appreciate some clarity as want to make sure i understood correctly. (Appreciate some of the questions may be stupid but just want to be 100% sure i understood each point correctly)

Please note i have spoken to the company that is running the test (anonymously) and they gave me some info as follows: (i know most of this is mentioned in the TLBTLD material but wanted to mention anyway)

Test will take 2-3 hours. 
It will be in a location close to me, a meeting room they will rent for the test.
They will ask max of 3 RELEVANT questions on the accusation. 
The test will be run 3 times with the same questions but in different order.   
The questions will be discussed/agreed with me beforehand. 
There will be a 30 second wait between each questions. 

My questions:

1) If a test is deemed "inconclusive" do the examiners generally class this as a fail? Where would i stand if outcome was inconclusive, do they always assume examinee is tampering?

2) Is it ok to take my time in answering the questions (5 seconds) as long as i am consistent on all of them? (just think i will need a few secs to answer "correctly")

3) For the Directed-Lie questions, (i.e. when told to lie to all of them) do we answer with the aid of counter measures to highten senses to all of the questions? Or only some?

4) Irrelevant questions (e.g are the lights on in this room)....it stated in the material that these are NOT scored, so does it matter how i answer them? Planning to just answer normally and truthfully..OR do i want to use CM's so it compares with my "truth" on the relevant questions.

5) For the Control questions at what point is best to bring in the CM's?? Before/During/After? or all throughout?

6) My counter measures of choice are below (any suggestions?)
CONTROLS a) Lower breathing b) tighten butt c) mental arithmetic d) Bite tongue....all simultaneously.
RELEVANT a) keep to calm breathing b) think of something relaxing                            

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP...MUCH APPRECIATED!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Re: Poly beating technique - please help!
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2016 at 4:02pm
MarioCandido, don't be a chump. You are headed for a train wreck.

I suggest you cancel your appointment, citing polygraph's  lack of reliability.

Both you and your other half need to learn the naked truth behind the polygraph "test."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2016 at 5:32am
MarioCandido wrote on Jul 21st, 2016 at 2:56pm:
So I have a poly coming up for something i have been accused of by my other half

What is going on these days? Why are men stepping up as eunuchs?

MarioCandido, may I suggest you start being a whole rather than a half?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2016 at 5:55am
MarioCandido,

To answer your questions:

Quote:
1) If a test is deemed "inconclusive" do the examiners generally class this as a fail? Where would i stand if outcome was inconclusive, do they always assume examinee is tampering?

No and no.

Quote:
2) Is it ok to take my time in answering the questions (5 seconds) as long as i am consistent on all of them? (just think i will need a few secs to answer "correctly")

No. Waiting for five seconds before answering questions will be deemed suspicious. Answers are expected to be prompt.

Quote:
3) For the Directed-Lie questions, (i.e. when told to lie to all of them) do we answer with the aid of counter measures to highten senses to all of the questions? Or only some?

One would want to augment reactions to all "control" questions, whether directed-lie or probable-lie.

Quote:
4) Irrelevant questions (e.g are the lights on in this room)....it stated in the material that these are NOT scored, so does it matter how i answer them? Planning to just answer normally and truthfully..OR do i want to use CM's so it compares with my "truth" on the relevant questions.

Truthful answers are expected to the irrelevant questions. One should not augment reactions to them.

Quote:
5) For the Control questions at what point is best to bring in the CM's?? Before/During/After? or all throughout?

As soon as one recognizes that the question being asked is a control question. Polygraph operators look to score reactions that occur within about five seconds of the asking of a question.

Quote:
CONTROLS a) Lower breathing b) tighten butt c) mental arithmetic d) Bite tongue....all simultaneously.

Regarding the "control" questions, a and c.

With respect to the relevant questions, one wants to maintain what polygraphers consider a "normal" breathing rate of 15-30 breaths per minute. If, while trying to keep calm, one starts breathing slowly, that could result in scoreable reactions breathing reactions to the relevant questions, which is not what is desired.

However, I must agree with Dan's advice that you cancel the "test." It's degrading and demeaning. And it's no solution to your relationship problems. If you need help explaining to your other half why polygraphy is not to be relied upon, I'll be happy to speak with the two of you together via FaceTime or Wire.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MarioCandido
New User

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2016 at 1:37pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jul 22nd, 2016 at 5:55am:
Quote:

Regarding the "control" questions, a and c.

Thanks George for your input. Can i just clarify on question 6. So on the control questions is "tighten butt" measure ineffective? (assuming examiner has no pad on the seat)? 

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2016 at 1:44pm
Tightening of the anal sphincter remains effective, however seat pads that may detect this maneuver are now commonplace.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Poly beating technique - please help!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X