Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Another victim of polygraph (Read 32320 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Re: Another victim of polygraph
Reply #15 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 6:51pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
tw wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 7:06pm:
Evan S. Smiley

Do you share a similar experience?

Not for purposes of "verifying" sexual fidelity, but I did have problems with the CIA and NSA vetting and polygraph charades. Embarrassed

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box tw
New User

Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 2:17pm
I did get the charts from the examiner.  He did not provide access to video.  So, I dont know if this provides any help whatsoever.  

To my untrained eye, I would assume there was a reaction on the relevant questions.  However, there appears to be relatively little reaction to the control questions.  

Charts attached below.  Modified orientation for easier reading.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:24pm by tw »  

tw.pdf ( 4283 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #17 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:13pm
tw,
I have to admit, I'm bit shocked that he provided the charts to you, but at the same time I respect him for doing so.

The charts are interesting. In my previous comments, I mentioned that he may have been poised to do some follow up testing before you left.

My observations:

1. You are showing some mild reactions to the Relevant Questions.

2. I'm concerned about that lack of diagnostic data in the EDA channel. Did he use the "stick on" electrodes on your palm? A gain of 1 is pretty low.

3. "Have you acted out sexually in anyway?" in my opinion is more like a Comparison Question. Just giving your morning erection a squeeze could be a "yes" to this question.

He should not have said to you that you "failed" some questions; a more appropriate response would have been "it appears that some of the questions are bothering you, let's see if we can work through it."

Even in light of this, I hold this examiner in somewhat high esteem for being forthcoming with the charts, and I don't see anything really out of line here.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:01am by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

New User

Reply #18 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Thanks Ark.  I have to admit, I thought about that as well when he asked that question, but I figured the mystery machine would reflect the truth.

The electrodes were Velcro on ring and index finger.  pretty standard from what I have heard / read.  

Yes, there was a reaction to the relevant questions.  My marriage was at risk.  Plus, he said I had been deceptive during a previous polygraph when I was not.  So I already did not trust the guy.  From what I can tell, it looks like there is almost no response to the control questions.

I appreciate you looking at it and responding.  I just have to figure out how to move forward in my marriage from here.  If that is even possible.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #19 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:37pm
Yes, that is question 42R and as I predicted, it was the strongest of the reactions and indicates the struggle you had with that question. 

You may ask him if he will do a breakdown exam for you, asking for a specific issue: "Did you insert your thingy into the vagina of another woman?" - straight forward, single issue ZCT.

If he wants more money tell him that according to the APA protocol on "successive hurdles", that it should be included in the original price.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:07am by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

New User

Reply #20 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:49pm
Thank you for the recommendation Ark, but I will not go back to him.  I would rather be waterboarded.  I told my wife I would have a follow up polygraph with a different examiner just to give her the assurance I am still not sleeping with anyone but her.   However, I am not going to do it in the future and if our marriage is contingent on future polygraphs we can call it now and save the money. 

I think she thinks I will relent in the future.  I am not seeing it though.  You have been quite helpful.  Thank you.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #21 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:31pm
Do you have any good links that teach me how to read the charts?  I have looked at other charts online that show deception and there is a large change.  I dont see those on my chart.  so I just wonder what is considered significant reactions.  I guess I am looking for a manual of sorts...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gary davis

Reply #22 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:56pm
It really doesn't matter what the call was if the question about sexually acting out is accurate.. the question is inappropriate. current research does not support vertical scoring ..rather it supports total values. 

If you want a written report of the examination feel free to contact me at 866 535 8969..

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #23 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 10:56pm
tw, I wouldn't waste too much brain power on this unless you are thinking of going to polygraph school.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #24 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 2:28am
tw wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:49pm:
...I would rather be waterboarded...

Indeed.  If a loving relationship can be saved by a dispositive unmonitored hostile interrogation, why go halfway with a poly?

I see the opportunity for a whole new industry here.  I'm'a hang out a shingle offering to torture any troubled couple until one of them admits to cheating.

For an additional fee I will keep it up until they both admit it.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #25 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 1:46am
Ex Member wrote on Sep 29th, 2015 at 10:56pm:
tw, I wouldn't waste too much brain power on this unless you are thinking of going to polygraph school.

tw, in retrospect, I think I was too dismissive of your honest inquiry. I apologize. I will show you what a good spot looks like. The attachment is from my own research. The examinee had much at stake and was properly stimulated.

Please zoom in a bit and take note of the following:

1. The Comparison Questions I formulated are effective. You can see the reactions; note the complex EDA reaction in C3 and the robust cardio reaction in C5.

2. However, comparing these reactions to those of the Relevant Questions, it is clear that this examinee's PS (salience) was oriented to the RQ's; robust complex cardio arousal in R4 & R6 along with relief is very clear. The EDA reactions speak for themselves. I did not calculate RLL in the Pneumo channels, but some suppression is noticeable in the RQ's. 

Lacking ground truth, does this mean the subject is lying? Alas! Therein lies the conundrum.

Hope this helps your insight.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2015 at 3:28am by Ex Member »  

Ark_Chart.pdf ( 228 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

New User

Reply #26 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 3:30pm
Thanks Ark.  The eda channel in your chart looks quite interesting.  The one on the charts given to me looks broken.   

I hear from you that the readings given to me show stress.  Since I know I was truthful, it tells me I was not properly introduced the directed lie control questions.  That, and the one question was trash.  Plus, there was no exploration done.  And he ran the minimum number of runs.  Basically, it appears the examiner just did the bare minimum to get me in and out the door.   

Based on what I have read in the APA bylaws, I may have a case for a grievance, but I am not sure it is worth it.  On one hand I want to bring awareness to others in my situation that this is not a good place to go.  On the other, I want to just forget it ever happened.  My wife wont let that happen though.   

The examiner did inform me he would not release the video unless ordered by the court.  Thank you everyone for your time on this topic.  It has been very helpful.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #27 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 4:57pm
tw wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 3:30pm:
On the other, I want to just forget it ever happened.  My wife wont let that happen though. 

Rather than go through all of this misery, why not introduce your wife to Anti-Polygraph.org ?  Show her that the polygraph is a joke and not worth taking serious.  How more obvious can it be ? You have guys like Dr. Drew Richardson and other PhD's that have testified that it is a fraud.  The people who support the polygraph are all scaming a living with it.  Like Dr. Richardson said in his testimony before Congress, having the polygraph community researching their product is like having the tobacco industry conducting cancer research.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #28 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:15pm
The eda channel in your chart looks quite interesting.  The one on the charts given to me looks broken. 

I hear from you that the readings given to me show stress.  Since I know I was truthful, it tells me I was not properly introduced the directed lie control questions.

Your EDA tracing is not broken; it's just that it contains no diagnostic data. This could have been due to a sensor not being properly fitted, or your skin could have had something which impeded current flow, or, there was simply minimum sympathetic arousal to those nerves in your fingertips.

If the last option is the case, we could couple it with your lack of responses to the Directed Lie Comparison questions to support the notion that DLC's are not perceived as a real threat, nor stimuli which result in a significant increase in cognitive load.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #29 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:25pm
KEx Member wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 6:15pm:
The eda channel in your chart looks quite interesting.  The one on the charts given to me looks broken. 

I hear from you that the readings given to me show stress.  Since I know I was truthful, it tells me I was not properly introduced the directed lie control questions.

Your EDA tracing was not broken, it's just that there was no diagnostic data. This could have been due to a sensor not being properly fitted, or your skin could have had something which impeded current flow, or, there was simply minimum sympathetic arousal to those nerves in your fingertips.

If the last option is the case, we could couple it with your lack of responses to the Directed Lie Comparison questions to support the notion that DLC's are not perceived as a real threat, nor a stimuli which result in a significant increase in cognitive load.

Either that or the tea leaves and/or the goat entrails were not proper placed so as to allow  an accurate viewing and diagnosis of the results.   

Can we PLEASE stop trying to use science to explain this ridiculous  procedure which is nothing more than me last vestige of witchcraft - polygraph testing.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Another victim of polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X