Normal Topic DOS Diplomatic Security Service (Read 7320 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

DOS Diplomatic Security Service
Aug 30th, 2015 at 1:13am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does the Diplomatic Security Service at State use the polygraph at all on its staff and/or applicants?

I know that generally the State Dept. does not.

Huh

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Re: DOS Diplomatic Security Service
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 3:50am
xenonman wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 1:13am:
Does the Diplomatic Security Service at State use the polygraph at all on its staff and/or applicants?

I know that generally the State Dept. does not.

Don't know, they probably do because the elitists in the Diplomatic Corps look down on 1811's and they are just seen as commoners.  What about Hillary ?  I have no doubt that she would always be found NDI.  If she was going down the drain and her political demise was assured, however, then like sharks devouring one of their own, the polygraphers would pounce on her and declare her DI.  They would then take credit for discovering her nefarious behavior.  If it wasn't so serious and there weren't so many innocent victims, the application of this garbage science is laughable.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 4:02am
Similarly, in Langley, the DDCI and DCI are immune from having to undergo the  polygraph ordeal  that their underlings all must suffer!  Roll Eyes[size=12]

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 6:11am
xenonman wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 1:13am:

To the best of my knowledge, the answer to your question is "no" insofar as polygraph screening is concerned. See the State Department's polygraph policy here:

https://antipolygraph.org/documents/12m0250.pdf

However, the State Department has compelled non-U.S. citizens hired abroad to undergo polygraph screening "tests" at certain locations, including the U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2013/03/29/u-s-embassy-in-yemen-reportedly-forces...

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 4:42pm
xenonman wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 4:02am:
Similarly, in Langley, the DDCI and DCI are immune from having to undergo the  polygraph ordeal  that their underlings all must suffer!  Roll Eyes[size=12]

This is interesting.  I'm surprised they don't take it to create the appearance of fairness.  I guess our class of royalty in America is taking form.  If they had to take it, they probably wouldn't fail it.  If by some odd chance an overzealous polygraph examiner didn't follow the party line, there would be no consequences to them for failing.   

I'm curious, does anyone know if General Petraeus was required to take a polygraph ?  One of my friends told me that the polygraph is what tripped him up and got him in trouble.  That could be correct, but my recollection is that someone came forward with information that lead to his troubles.  If my recollection is correct, that could imply that he passed his polygraph(s) ?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 6:01pm
I am not aware of any documentation that the CIA director and deputy director are exempt from the CIA's polygraph screening requirement. However, a 1994 article by Washington Post columnist Al Kamen suggests that CIA directors may not have been obligated to take the polygraph, but subjected themselves to it anyway:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1994/03/09/woolsey-to-join-cia-p...

With respect to former CIA director David Petraeus and the polygraph, see:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1352539901

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 6:01pm:
However, a 1994 article by Washington Post columnist Al Kamen suggests that CIA directors may not have been obligated to take the polygraph, but subjected themselves to it anyway:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1994/03/09/woolsey-to-join-cia-p....

I love the quote from Robert M. Gates stating that "he volunteered to take it [polygraph] about a year after his appointment as CIA director in 1991 "to maintain the symbolism" of enduring the same hardships as rank-and-file employees". Doesn't that say it all !  Symbolism over substance, our new motto.  In other words, it's a total joke because if he failed it absolutely nothing would happen to him.  John Q. Public, on the otherhand, possibly an honest, innocent, wounded veteran with lots of debt and five mouths to feed would be out on the street.  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Evan S
Senior User

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 6:54pm
Wandersmann:

Thanks for this interesting tidbit.  Unfortunately the WP link does not seem to work.

A similar thing occurred around 1999 with Bill Richardson, head of the DOE.  If memory serves, he took the security-screening polygraph to set an example for the rank-and-file scientists.  (This was in the aftermath of the Wen Ho Lee incident.)  Not surprisingly Richardson passed it.  His polygrapher knew who the subject was, and the NDI was a foregone conclusion.  The polygrapher's survival instincts kicked in; failing the manager guarantees your own failure.

Regards, Evan S

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 7:58pm
Evan S wrote on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 6:54pm:
Thanks for this interesting tidbit.  Unfortunately the WP link does not seem to work.

Thanks for letting me know Evan.  I suggest everyone go to George Maschke's response above mine and use his link.  It works.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2015 at 10:50pm
Wandersmann wrote on Sep 2nd, 2015 at 4:42pm:
xenonman wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 4:02am:

This is interesting.  I'm surprised they don't take it to create the appearance of fairness.  I guess our class of royalty in America is taking form.  If they had to take it, they probably wouldn't fail it.  If by some odd chance an overzealous polygraph examiner didn't follow the party line, there would be no consequences to them for failing.  

I'm curious, does anyone know if General Petraeus was required to take a polygraph ?  One of my friends told me that the polygraph is what tripped him up and got him in trouble.  That could be correct, but my recollection is that someone came forward with information that lead to his troubles.  If my recollection is correct, that could imply that he passed his polygraph(s) ?

NO, because as DCI he would have been exempt from the Agency polygraph requirement. Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

DOS Diplomatic Security Service

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X