Normal Topic Kraft Suspense Theatre: "The Machine that Played God" (1963) (Read 4966 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Kraft Suspense Theatre: "The Machine that Played God" (1963)
Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:06pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
If you're at all interested in "polygraph science," this vintage television drama is well worth 45 minutes of your time.

To me, the message is clear:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alkjA4IjKVo

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Re: Kraft Suspense Theatre: "The Machine that Played God" (1963)
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:58am
What a great film clip.  The only thing that is inaccurate is the title.  It is not a machine playing God, it is men playing God.  Machines won't burn in eternal Hell.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:30am
Dan Mangan wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 11:06pm:
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Great line from the movie -  "When we evaluate the results you can be sure we know what we're doing"  The polygraph lynch mob has been successfully spouting this B.S. for 52 years.  They actually do know what they are doing - they are scamming people.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:55pm
Wandersmann wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:30am:
They actually do know what they are doing - they are scamming people.

Sadly, there is a great deal of truth in this.

Polygraph preys on the ignorant and punishes the enlightened.

That's why the polygraph establishment is adamantly opposed to a bill of rights for test subjects. In my view, such intellectual dishonesty is shameful.

Equally significant, polygraph indu$try cheerleaders are deathly afraid of a countermeasure challenge series for good reason -- their purported accuracy of the "test" would take a nosedive.

Meanwhile, these same propagandists have the audacity to claim that polygraph "testing" has similar accuracy to that of many medical tests. 

That comparison is absurd, in my opinion.

Can you imagine a doctor keeping secret from their patient the operating theory of a medical test? Can you imagine a hospital refusing to release test data for review by a third party?

Make no mistake: Polygraph, on all too many levels, is a hu$tle.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:03pm by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:03pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:55pm:
Make no mistake: Polygraph, on all too many levels, is a hu$tle.

Dan -  It has been a pleasure discoursing with you on this site.  You have opened my eyes to the fact that there can be a positive side to the polygraph when used as a tool and as I continue to curse the polygraph lynch mob, I do not include you and the 40% of the APA members who voted for you in that group.  The idiots in Washington could change all of the heartache that led to the founding of anti-polygraph.org by allowing people who are found to be inconclusive or deceptive to continue in the vetting process with enhanced B.I. in the areas of possible concern.  To date, they have dismissed the above possibility as being too expensive.  I think too expensive is a lame excuse because it is difficult to ascertain exactly how much extra tax money, if any, would be used in such an endeavor.  Even if there is extra money involved, wouldn't it be worth spending a few extra pennies on a decorated combat veteran as opposed to spending it on some of the ridiculous politically correct activities currently being pushed by Washington bureaucrats ?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:30pm
Actually it is a quote from Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr,

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 5:14pm
Ex Member wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:30pm:
"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

What goes around, comes around.  Great quote.

I think our legal system is screwed up beyond all belief.  When you see some of the ridiculous lawsuits that people successfully bring forth and then learn about the victims of the polygraph, it's hard to believe there are jurists in this country who really take their job and their oath seriously.  

I will never give up hope that there will someday be a gigantic class action lawsuit against the APA, government entities, including security heads, and/or individual polygraph operators.  When you think about it, it is staggering.  Thousands of people losing their life-dreams and livelihoods because of a test proven to be inaccurate and based on the childish assumption that the test can read someone's mind.  No due process.  No tangible evidence.  No legitimate accusers.  

The only serious legal challenge so far was thrown out of court by an idiot judge on the premise that no one has a right to a security clearance.  No one has a right to belong to the Bar Association either and I wonder how this hypocrite would have ruled if his license to practice law was contingent on passing a polygraph test.   

IP Logged

Kraft Suspense Theatre: "The Machine that Played God" (1963)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X