Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread (Read 134261 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Doug Williams of Polygraph.com Indicted
Reply #30 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
A question that I think needs to be asked and answered in connection with U.S. v. Doug Williams is: what other attempts did the government make to ensnare him? Did he reject any attempts, and if so, did the government continue with additional attempts?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 2:07am
George W. Maschke wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 5:09pm:
A question that I think needs to be asked and answered in connection with U.S. v. Doug Williams is: what other attempts did the government make to ensnare him? Did he reject any attempts, and if so, did the government continue with additional attempts?

Come now, George, surely you don't expect the prosecution to provide any and all evidence, culpatory and exculpatory, as required by law? If they give Doug a fair trial, they can't convict him.

Expect the government to do everything in its power, legal or illegal, moral or immoral, to influence the outcome of this trial. At this point, the White House desperately needs the conviction, to evade exposure as a bunch of incompetent wankers.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:52am
I have an idea why the Department of Justice may have chosen to charge Doug Williams in the Western District of Oklahoma rather than in the Eastern District of Virginia, where Chad Dixon was prosecuted: public relations.

If the trial were held in Alexandria, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, DC, it would have been very convenient for many news agencies to cover the trial closely, because they have major bureaus there, close to the national center of power. Oklahoma City is a sleepy backwater by comparison.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #33 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Reader comments on the indictment of Doug Williams on the Wall Street Journal's legal blog are running heavily against the government's action (and against polygraphy):

http://linkis.com/on.wsj.com/qPgpo

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #34 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 5:51am
At an arraignment hearing yesterday, a trial date of 13 January 2015 was set. Key case documents will be posted to AntiPolygraph.org's Polygraph Litigation page as they are published by the court.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #35 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 9:37am
On PhysicsForum.com, user "nsaspook" has initiated a relevant thread on the question, Why should it be illegal to show how to beat the polygraph test?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #36 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 6:25am
Quote:
What a shame.  I have a feeling that George Maschke is next.  Once the case gets prepared, the feds will flag George with TSA and just wait until George's next return to the U.S., then arrest him as soon as he arrives at some U.S. airport.
Sad

So...that didn't happen.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PolyPasser

Reply #37 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 1:36am
George, there are a lot of people who have visited your website and Doug's who have been saved a lot of money by your exposure of the truth. Are you aware of any way to donate money to Doug Williams' legal fees? This case isn't about him, it's about trying to stifle the truth. Every free person has a stake in this, we should all come together to fight it tooth and nail.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1st4th5thand6th
User

Reply #38 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 4:58am
George W. Maschke wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:52am:
I have an idea why the Department of Justice may have chosen to charge Doug Williams in the Western District of Oklahoma rather than in the Eastern District of Virginia, where Chad Dixon was prosecuted: public relations.

If the trial were held in Alexandria, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, DC, it would have been very convenient for many news agencies to cover the trial closely, because they have major bureaus there, close to the national center of power. Oklahoma City is a sleepy backwater by comparison.

George, I'm sure the press has something to do with it... but the more likely reality  is: This is an Obama initiative (operation lie busters) and it's being tried not so coincidentally in a court with an Obama appointed judge...   

I personally don't think this case would stand a chance in a non-Obama jurisdiction.  It's very deliberate if you ask me... 

Just wondering out loud but..  
Since ignorance of polygraphy is paramount to it's success.  

Will the success of the fed's case -depend on juror ignorance of polygraphy?     

i.e.... Will the feds allow an anti-poly juror (or at least someone who is "educated" enough to understand that it is a hoax)  to be selected?  

I would be very interested in hearing what the selection criteria is for a juror in this case..... 

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #39 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 6:41am
Quote:
George, there are a lot of people who have visited your website and Doug's who have been saved a lot of money by your exposure of the truth. Are you aware of any way to donate money to Doug Williams' legal fees? This case isn't about him, it's about trying to stifle the truth. Every free person has a stake in this, we should all come together to fight it tooth and nail.

While there is no legal defense fund at this time, one way you can help is to purchase his books online.

1st4th5thand6th wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 4:58am:
George, I'm sure the press has something to do with it... but the more likely realityis: This is an Obama initiative (operation lie busters) and it's being tried not so coincidentally in a court with an Obama appointed judge... 

That explanation for the venue seems unlikely to me. For starters, the judge named in the Arraignment Minute Sheet, Vicki Miles-LaGrange, was not appointed to the federal bench by President Obama.

Moreover, I very much doubt that Operation Lie Busters is an "Obama initiative" in the sense that President Obama was in any way involved in its conception and execution. To date, I've seen no indication that the inspiration for Operation Lie Busters goes any higher than CBP Special Agents John R. Schwartz and Fred C. Ball, Jr. See Schwartz's description of Operation Lie Busters in a letter nominating Ball for an American Polygraph Association award. (Incidentally, the award went to someone else.)

1st4th5thand6th wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 4:58am:
I would be very interested in hearing what the selection criteria is for a juror in this case.....

I hope to be able to be present for the trial and to report publicly on all proceedings, including jury selection. If the government attempts to exclude jurors based on expressed skepticism of polygraphy, that would indeed be newsworthy.

Proceedings are scheduled to commence on 13 January 2015 at 9:00 AM in the Federal Court in Oklahoma City. If any readers might also be able to attend, I would be interested in coordinating with you. I'd very much like to meet and discuss polygraph matters with concerned individuals, and also hope that, in the event I'm unable to be present, someone else might be able to provide courtroom coverage that we could report as the trial unfolds.

If you have an Android or iOS device (phone or tablet), you can contact me securely via Surespot, a free, open source messaging app. Install it, create an account, and add me (georgemaschke) as a contact. Additional options for getting in touch are listed in my signature block below.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Former NSA Polygraph Office Chief to Host Discussion of U.S. v. Doug Williams
Reply #40 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:53pm
On Thursday, 4 December 2014 from 7-8 PM Eastern Standard Time, Tom Mauriello, a former chief of the NSA's polygraph office, will host a webcast titled "Polygraph - A truthful discussion about lie detection." Guests are to include Barry Cushman, a past president and current board member of the American Polygraph Association, and Mark Zaid, a lawyer specializing in national security cases who represented polygraph victims in Croddy v. FBI:

http://forensiq-inc.com/media/the-forensicweek-com-show-webcast-every-thursday-7...

In a Facebook post about the upcoming webcast, Zaid states "We will definitely be discussing the recent indictment of Doug Williams for allegedly advising applicants to the federal government to lie to polygraphers." Zaid also notes that "audience members can participate and ask questions."

The webcast will take place via Google+ Hangouts and will be watchable here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/forensicweek

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Webcast on Polygraphy with Former NSA Polygraph Chief Tom Mauriello
Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 12:02am
The above-mentioned webcast is live now here:

https://plus.google.com/107472082024601203216/posts

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #42 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 5:56pm
Last Thursday's webcast is now archived and may be viewed on demand here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9BFZOrzIk

I regret that the host didn't devote more time to the topic of the indictment of Doug Williams, discussion of which begins at 26:35. Mark Zaid expressed concern about it, including the possibility that an aggressive prosecutor might construe the kind of preparation that he (Zaid) provides to clients before a polygraph examination to be a crime, even though he never advises a client to employ polygraph countermeasures.

Barry Cushman's audio periodically faded out, and so it's not possible to hear his full remarks. He opines that it's not a crime to teach polygraph countermeasures and states that he is not concerned that the techniques Doug Williams teaches would help a liar pass the polygraph, yet Cushman seems to think that the indictment is just and proper (for reasons that remain unclear to me).

Barry, if you're reading this, I'd be interested to know more about your thinking in this regard. I'd also be interested to hear from any other members of the polygraph community what they think about this case.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Repeat Visitor

Reply #43 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 10:29am
I've been visiting Antipolygraph.org off and on for about 5 years.  I have posted on this site before, always with different monikers and different IP addresses.  Years ago I tried to get a cleared-job that required the poly, and I failed.  I did in depth research on the materials presented here on Antipolygraph.org, and later took another poly for another cleared-job and I passed!  I used mental countermeasures and knew what to expect from this stupid interrogation, and it worked like a charm.  No confessions from me, and I was as calm as could be.  All the while I was thinking of all the bad things I've done that I was never caught for and never told nobody about.  In fact, as a mental countermeasure, no only did I do math in my head, but I also thought about the bad things I've done in the past to trigger reactions.  No way would I ever tell the polygrapher these things.  I know first hand that the whole process is just to get you to confess to something disqualifying.  As I sit on my high security clearance, I look in the mirror each day and just wish I could spread the word to everyone to just keep your mouth shut and not tell the polygraphers anything.  Keep your past transgressions to yourself, don't be scared thinking that the polygrapher will find out like he is Lord Almighty, and you'll be in a better position to pass.

I support freedom of speech.  There is nothing wrong with teaching people how to beat the polygraph.  I mean if the polygraph is so perfect, why is the governement suddenly scared of people learning how it works and how to beat it?  The government is getting scared now because they know that these countermeasures work, and that criminals are using them to beat their polys that have do to with criminal charges, and others are using to beat polys to get jobs in national security areas where they might otherwise get rejected.   The only reason Doug Williams is facing charges is because the undercover agents that put the sting on him specifically got him to agree to teach them how to beat the poly, after they told him that they were criminals or had malicious intentions.  That is where Doug is screwed.  George Maschke is still in the clear because he seems to have been careful not to do this.  Throughout this website George has not taken a criminal confession from someone and still gave them polygraph beating tips.  George has put the poly-beating information up for public use, and has made disclaimers that he does not condone criminals using the techniques to cheat the government or law enforcement, but rather he wants to prevent good honest people from being accused as liars and having their careers ruined, known as "false positives".  With that disclaimer, George has "plausible deniability" if any of his website visitors used his methods for the wrong reasons, and it would be tough to make charges stick.  Doug on the other hand, is in some hot water.  Teaching polygraph beating techniques should not be a crime, and all teachers should just be sure to make sure their students agree not to use these skills for obstruction of justice, or whatever, and then they should be good to go.

Now you may be thinking that I am one of those bad people who shouldn't have passed the poly because I said I've done "bad things", but I assure  you my dirty deeds have nothing to do with national security, or physically harming anyone.  I just don't need the government all up in my business when I can come in and do my job and I am in no way a liability.  That's all I'll say about that.  Yes, I cheated the poly, have done many things that would disqualify me from my job if they knew about it, and still passed and got cleared.  Ok, shame on me, but you know what, so what!  I would like to give a hearty "crappity smack you" to any polygraphers and pro-poly people who are reading this.  Law enforcement, polygraph associations, federal agents, government, crappity smack you all.  I am one of the polygraph cheaters and beaters!  In your face crappity smackers! 

You are allowed to be fully informed of and prepare for job interviews, medical exams, academic tests, physical fitness tests, and more.  Why not polygraphs?  The machine is just a piece of junk that is there to scare you.  You want to weed out bad candidates, just run the background checks.  If they get through the background check and there is nothing negative in their file, then the candidate is good to go.  Stop trying to squeeze info out of us with the poly.  We are all learning how to beat it.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #44 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 11:14am
Two new filings in U.S. v. Doug Williams are available for download from AntiPolygraph.org:

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X