Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread (Read 134860 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread
Reply #150 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 5:44am:
"there are no identifiable victims in these offenses."

the same rationalization applied for those engaging in prostitution.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #151 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 8:00pm
quickfix wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:49pm:

I don't understand.  Are you saying that a polygrapher is like a whore?

Aunty finds the comparison invidious:  When a whore does it to you, you enjoy it.

-Aunty Agony.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #152 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 8:37pm
Aunty Agony wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 8:00pm:
I don't understand.  Are you saying that a polygrapher is like a whore?

Aunty finds the comparison invidious:  When a whore does it to you, you enjoy it.

-Aunty Agony.

Allow me to make it less indivious and more perspicuous:  Doug's lawyer calls his crime victimless;  defense lawyers call prostitution a victimless crime. Doug committed a crime.  The government is the victim.  The spouses of those who use the services of prostitutes are victims of prostitution, particular those who contract STDs. That's the comparison;  not whether Doug is a whore or polygraphers are whores.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #153 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:05pm
I have been informed by a friend of AntiPolygraph.org who attended today's hearing that Doug Williams has been sentenced to 20 24 months in prison, where he is to report no later than 30 October 2015. He is to remain free on bond pending his reporting date.
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:54pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #154 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:19pm
A Department of Justice press release states that the sentence was "two years":

Quote:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/owner-polygraphcom-sentenced-two-years-prison-trai...

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Owner of Polygraph.com Sentenced to Two Years in Prison for Training Customers to Lie

A former Oklahoma City law enforcement officer and the owner of Polygraph.com has been sentenced to two years in prison for training customers to lie and conceal crimes and other misconduct during polygraph examinations.

Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, Assistant Commissioner Matthew Klein of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Internal Affairs and Special Agent in Charge Scott L. Cruse of the FBI’s Oklahoma City Division made the announcement.

Douglas G. Williams, 69, of Norman, Oklahoma, pleaded guilty on May 13, 2015, to two counts of mail fraud and three counts of witness tampering.  Chief U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange of the Western District of Oklahoma imposed the sentence.

According to admissions made in connection with his plea, Williams owned and operated Polygraph.com, an Internet-based business through which he trained people how to conceal misconduct and other disqualifying information when submitting to polygraph examinations in connection with federal employment suitability assessments, background investigations, internal agency investigations and other proceedings.  In particular, Williams admitted that he trained an individual posing as a federal law enforcement officer to lie and conceal involvement in criminal activity from an internal agency investigation.  Williams also admitted to training a second individual, posing as an applicant seeking federal employment, to lie and conceal crimes in a pre-employment polygraph examination.  Williams also admitted to instructing the individuals to deny receiving his polygraph training.

The investigation was conducted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Internal Affairs and the FBI’s Oklahoma City Division.  The case was prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Heidi Boutros Gesch and Brian K. Kidd of the Criminal Division’s Public Integrity Section.
15-1156
Criminal Division
Updated September 22, 2015

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #155 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:43pm
quickfix wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 8:37pm:
The spouses of those who use the services of prostitutes are victims of prostitution, particular those who contract STDs. That's the comparison

Are you sure?  Aunty is having trouble picturing how one would contract a STD from a polygraph machine.

-Aunty Agony.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #156 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 11:01pm
quickfix wrote on Sep 22nd, 2015 at 6:49pm:

As I noted in my earlier post, the conclusion that "there are no identifiable victims in these offenses" is not that of Doug Williams or his attorney, but that of the U.S. Probation Officer who was assigned the case.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #157 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:31pm
While the federal government is getting its pound of flesh from its prosecution of Doug Williams, the victory is unlikely to have much effect -- if any -- on containing polygraph countermeasures.

Beyond that, I predict that Doug will come roaring back in a scant two years and enjoy a new level of fame, popularity and financial success that will be orders of magnitude greater than anything he has achieved thus far.

Ironically, the prison sentence imposed on Williams accords him a kind of martyr status, providing a marketable cachet that will help propel Doug to new heights of recognition and accomplishment.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #158 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 7:50pm
A report on yesterday's sentencing hearing by Overland Park, Kansas attorney David C. Graham, who was in attendance, is now online here:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2015/09/23/doug-williams-sentenced-to-two-years-i...

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #159 - Sep 23rd, 2015 at 8:13pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Sep 23rd, 2015 at 3:31pm:
While the federal government is getting its pound of flesh from its prosecution of Doug Williams, the victory is unlikely to have much effect -- if any -- on containing polygraph countermeasures.

Beyond that, I predict that Doug will come roaring back in a scant two years and enjoy a new level of fame, popularity and financial success that will be orders of magnitude greater than anything he has achieved thus far.

Ironically, the prison sentence imposed on Williams accords him a kind of martyr status, providing a marketable cachet that will help propel Doug to new heights of recognition and accomplishment.

Dan thank you for those kind and encouraging  words. From your lips to God's ears! And much of what you have predicted is already happening! 

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #160 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 1:09am
Doug, I thought your book From Cop to Crusader: My fight against the dangerous myth of "lie detection" would make for a pretty good movie.

But in view of your conviction and sentence, I believe your story now has the potential to be a great movie.

Consider shopping for a reputable Hollywood agent who can help get your book adapted into a screenplay.

America loves truth tellers, underdogs, and individuals with the balls to rage against the machine. Conversely, Americans usually harbor disdain for politically driven takedown agendas and government-sponsored witch hunts. On top of that, people generally have sympathy for victims -- especially those of the government's doing -- who have precious little recourse for a remedy to make them whole. Such is the case with polygraph.

Bottom line: You have a blockbuster.

With the right touch, the shock waves of that explosion will be felt far and wide, eclipsing anything you ever thought possible.

Ironic, isn't it?

The feds thought they were swatting a fly.

Instead, they kicked a hornets nest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #161 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 1:33pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 1:09am:
America loves truth tellers, underdogs, and individuals with the balls to rage against the machine. Conversely, Americans usually harbor disdain for politically driven takedown agendas and government-sponsored witch hunts.

So true Dan, our government talks the talk but doesn't walk to the walk when it comes to liberty. They will come down hard on anyone who challenges their authority.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box someguyfromtheinternet

Reply #162 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 2:35pm
A man goes to jail for teaching people how to protect themselves from a machine that can ruin their lives.

A woman goes to jail for standing for marriage being between a man and a woman, which has always been the true definition of marriage.

Police NOT going to jail for killing unarmed citizens.

Politicians under fire for saying Muslim law should not run this country.  Last I remember, "God" is on our currency, in our oath of office, in our pledge, and plastered above the bench in courtrooms across the country.

This country is going to Hell on a scholarship.  I'm starting to become ashamed to be an American.  At some point in life, I see myself throwing in the towel and becoming a citizen of another country.  Good riddance USA.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #163 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 3:38pm
Quote:
A man goes to jail for teaching people how to protect themselves from a machine that can ruin their lives.

A woman goes to jail for standing for marriage being between a man and a woman, which has always been the true definition of marriage.

Police NOT going to jail for killing unarmed citizens.

Politicians under fire for saying Muslim law should not run this country.  Last I remember, "God" is on our currency, in our oath of office, in our pledge, and plastered above the bench in courtrooms across the country.

This country is going to Hell on a scholarship.  I'm starting to become ashamed to be an American.  At some point in life, I see myself throwing in the towel and becoming a citizen of another country.  Good riddance USA.

I don't see any connection between Doug Williams' ordeal and the other grievances you enumerate (except, perhaps, police impunity). In any event, I think that neither the pseudoscience of polygraphy nor any religion should hold sway over public policy in America.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #164 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 6:34pm
Quote:
I'm starting to become ashamed to be an American.  At some point in life, I see myself throwing in the towel and becoming a citizen of another country.  Good riddance USA.

You don't like it?  Leave.  Move to North Korea or Iran.  Maybe you'll like it there better.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X