Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Polygraph test coming up (Read 16895 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: Polygraph test coming up
Reply #15 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:09pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 1:14pm:
Note that quickfix has provided no evidence that he can actually detect polygraph countermeasures.What is happening nowadays is that polygraphers are making many countermeasure accusations, and sometimes they get admissions. It seems that most admissions are to what are sometimes called "naive" countermeasures -- things done by individuals unfamiliar with polygraph procedure in the belief that it will help them to pass, such as breathing slowly or thinking calming thoughts. Federal polygraphers will take such admissions and report them as "confirmed" countermeasure cases.Admissions from individuals who have read Doug Williams' manual or AntiPolygraph.org's book are comparatively rare.

George:  you know as well as I do that posting confirmed CM cases on a website would violate the provisions of the federal Privacy Act.  My agency has in fact obtained numerous CM admissions from those who admitted they attempted CMs based on reading either TLBTLD, and buying Doug's garbage.  Others, as you mention, did so without the "benefit" of either.  BTW, where is YOUR evidence that we CAN'T detect "properly-employed" CMs?  Do you have the charts?  Names of those who successfully employed CMs?  Show us!  Prove we can't detect CMs!

Doug Williams wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 1:21pm:
So, let me emphasize this - I DON'T TEACH SO-CALLED "COUNTERMEASURES" - I simply teach people how to ALWAYS PASS by knowing how to show a perfect "truthful" polygraph chart! 

You can call it whatever you like, Doug;  it's a deliberate attempt to manipulate the outcome of a PE in favor of the person being tested.Dan Mangan wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 1:24pm:
Clearly, an ongoing countermeasure challenge series would shed some much needed light on this (seemingly forbidden) topic. Unfortunately, though, the polygraph industry cheerleaders apparently prefer to keep on whistling past the graveyard... 

Mr Mangan:  this type of game show/reality tv mentality is precisely why you were trounced in the APA election.  Imagine, a "polygraph challenge" with prizes!  Really???  You sound utterly ridiculous!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #16 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:25pm
quickfix wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:09pm:
George:you know as well as I do that posting confirmed CM cases on a website would violate the provisions of the federal Privacy Act.My agency has in fact obtained numerous CM admissions from those who admitted they attempted CMs based on reading either TLBTLD, and buying Doug's garbage.Others, as you mention, did so without the "benefit" of either.BTW, where is YOUR evidence that we CAN'T detect "properly-employed" CMs?Do you have the charts?Names of those who successfully employed CMs?Show us!Prove we can't detect CMs!

quickfix,

Actually, there is a way that data from confirmed countermeasure cases could be published without violating the Privacy Act. It is my understanding that various federal agencies routinely "sanitize" polygraph charts and examinee statements from "confirmed countermeasure" cases and send them to NCCA. So the Privacy Act does not prevent such data, or research based on it, from being published.

The evidence that the polygraph community doesn't have a reliable method of countermeasure detection is that no documentation of such a method is to be found in any of the polygraph literature.

The existence of Operation Lie Busters also suggests that the federal polygraph community lacks confidence in its claimed ability to detect polygraph countermeasures.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #17 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:51pm
George:  yes, you are correct in that confirmed CM cases are sent to NNCA in a sanitized version;  They are sanitized for NCCA at NCCA's request for very specific reasons;  it does not mean they may be released to the public.  NCCA is a governmental agency under DOD (DIA), not the public or a private citizen.George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:25pm:
The evidence that the polygraph community doesn't have a reliable method of countermeasure detection is that no documentation of such a method is to be found in any of the polygraph literature.

What does that mean, "the polygraph community"?  That's your evidence? That the "polygraph community" has nothing in writing?  How do you know?  Very lame George!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:31pm
quickfix, let me reiterate that the polygraph challenge series would require a significant amount of prize money, not "prizes" as you depict the term in a TV game show context.

To be sure, this would not be a "stage event" -- conditions would be as realistic as possible all the way around.

Each challenge would involve a mock crime that is video recorded. Testing would be done privately, but exhibited on CCTV to seminar attendees and simultaneously recorded for future reference. 

Why the need for prize money? The overarching prerequisite for countermeasurre success is motivation, and money can be a great motivator.

It is my opinion that the CM challengers would beat the randomly chosen polygraphers about fifty percent of the time, but I wouldn't be surprised it it were more.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 9:39pm
Doug Williams wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 1:21pm:
So, let me emphasize this - I DON'T TEACH SO-CALLED "COUNTERMEASURES" - I simply teach people how to ALWAYS PASS by knowing how to show a perfect "truthful" polygraph chart! 

You can call it whatever you like, Doug;  it's a deliberate attempt to manipulate the outcome of a PE in favor of the person being tested.[quote author=6267686B6768616768060 link=1411388237/14#14 date=1411651448]

No, it is an attempt by the person being tested to avoid being falsely accused of deception!

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #20 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:07pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:31pm:
quickfix, let me reiterate that the polygraph challenge series would require a significant amount of prize money, not "prizes" as you depict the term in a TV game show context.To be sure, this would not be a "stage event" -- conditions would be as realistic as possible all the way around.Each challenge would involve a mock crime that is video recorded. Testing would be done privately, but exhibited on CCTV to seminar attendees and simultaneously recorded for future reference. Why the need for prize money? The overarching prerequisite for countermeasurre success is motivation, and money can be a great motivator.It is my opinion that the CM challengers would beat the randomly chosen polygraphers about fifty percent of the time, but I wouldn't be surprised it it were more. 

Mr Mangan:  prize money or prize, makes no difference.  A mock crime is in fact a staged event; there are no real consequences to being detected using CMs in a staged-event polygraph.  Without a genuine F3 effect, this type of nonsense has no value.  Winning prize money is not a motivator;  avoiding prison or being disqualified from a job application is; real-life events with real-life consequences if caught using CMs.  That is the reason your idea is completely idiotic.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #21 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 7:22pm
quickfix, if we use your logic, then all polygraph analog (laboratory) studies should be deemed worthless.

That would include Dr. Rovner's study which suggests that access to countermeasure information does not appreciably affect polygraph accuracy.

I think the reality of the matter is that the polygraph establishment is scared to death of being humiliated by informed and motivated individuals artfully applying countermeasures -- and beating the vaunted liebox like a drum.

Such an outcome wouldn't be good for bu$ine$$.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #22 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 8:05pm
quickfix wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:07pm:
A mock crime is in fact a staged event; there are no real consequences to being detected using CMs in a staged-event polygraph.Without a genuine F3 effect, this type of nonsense has no value.

How does the potential for consequences affect the ability of the examinee to execute, and the polygrapher's ability to detect, countermeasures?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mrs October 2014
New User

Reply #23 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 8:21pm
Well I used dougs Manuel and it's helped me a lot I'm telling the truth and I would hate to take a polygraph test knowing I told the truth but fail it anyway... So thanks doug and thanks too the anti polygraph folks

IP Logged

Polygraph test coming up

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X