Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is It a Crime to Provide or Receive Polygraph Countermeasure Training? (Read 175313 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box poly beater

Re: Is It a Crime to Provide or Receive Polygraph Countermeasure Training?
Reply #75 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
George W. Maschke wrote on Nov 24th, 2013 at 5:05am:

So...that didn't happen. Today I flew from Amsterdam to Houston, where the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Internal Affairs Credibility Assessment Division is headquartered, and encountered no hassles at all.

Smiley

Good to hear, George!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #76 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 7:36pm
Happy holidays, George!   

I am glad to hear that, to date, our government has not interfered with your travel plans and/or other related activities.  I hope and trust that that will continue to be the case.   

In view of your complete mastery of and articulate discussion of the subject of polygraphy and the environment upon which this topic is played out, I can not imagine those with an opposing point of view wanting to match wits with you in a public setting—which would be the likely outcome of such interference…

Twoblock,

Since the passing of Jack La Lanne, I have been looking for role model a bit older than I to motivate me with regard to physical fitness.  It sounds as though your exploits in the gym make you a serious candidate for such.

On a separate subject, I notice that you seem to connect polygraphy with political party association/affiliation.  I suspect that my anti-polygraph (anti-lie detection) bona fides would be intact from your observation of my posts over the years, but, at the risk of changing that, I’m afraid I have to disagree with you on this one point.   

Having followed politics since before the time of the assassination of a president that we mark this week and polygraphy for the last three decades, I can say with sadness that I have not noticed a whit of difference between the two major parties with regard to the practice of lie detection—polygraphy has more or less existed/continued if not flourished under all occupants of the office over the last several decades—regardless of which party controlled the White House.

The only difference I see with regard to polygraphy is not in the policies of Democrats or Republicans but in the views of bureaucrats vs. scientists.  Unfortunately we have not yet had the Oval Office occupied by a member of the latter group with a relevant knowledge base…

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #77 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:37am
Drew Richardson wrote on Nov 24th, 2013 at 7:36pm:
Happy holidays, George!  

I am glad to hear that, to date, our government has not interfered with your travel plans and/or other related activities.  I hope and trust that that will continue to be the case.  

In view of your complete mastery of and articulate discussion of the subject of polygraphy and the environment upon which this topic is played out, I can not imagine those with an opposing point of view wanting to match wits with you in a public setting—which would be the likely outcome of such interference…

Twoblock,

Since the passing of Jack La Lanne, I have been looking for role model a bit older than I to motivate me with regard to physical fitness.  It sounds as though your exploits in the gym make you a serious candidate for such.

On a separate subject, I notice that you seem to connect polygraphy with political party association/affiliation.  I suspect that my anti-polygraph (anti-lie detection) bona fides would be intact from your observation of my posts over the years, but, at the risk of changing that, I’m afraid I have to disagree with you on this one point.  

Having followed politics since before the time of the assassination of a president that we mark this week and polygraphy for the last three decades, I can say with sadness that I have not noticed a whit of difference between the two major parties with regard to the practice of lie detection—polygraphy has more or less existed/continued if not flourished under all occupants of the office over the last several decades—regardless of which party controlled the White House.

The only difference I see with regard to polygraphy is not in the policies of Democrats or Republicans but in the views of bureaucrats vs. scientists.  Unfortunately we have not yet had the Oval Office occupied by a member of the latter group with a relevant knowledge base…

Drew - your "anti-polygraph bona fides" are, (and shall always remain) intact.  But I must disagree with you about political parties having an impact on whether the President is pro or anti polygraph.  I well remember in the eighties when I was fighting to get the EPPA passed, the Democrats were much more helpful than the Republicans.  In fact, we had to get a 2/3 majority in the Senate so as to assure that we could overcome Reagan's threatened veto of the bill.

And Twoblock, I think the fact that the use of the polygraph by the feds is more widespread now than ever before is not because a Democrat is in the Oval office, but because the power drunk bureaucrats, particularly polygraph operators, are out of control - they are not being properly supervised and think they can do anything they please under the guise of protecting national security.  The worst thing that ever happened to our constitutional rights and our liberty was the enactment of the "Patriot" Act, and the establishment of Homeland "Security".   

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #78 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 3:00am
Dr. Richardson,

Hit the gym with me and I'll have you in as good a shape as me in no time.

To both you and Doug,

Sorry I misled you about politics and the polygraph. I didn't mean to say that Republicans was not responsible for keeping the polygraph in tact. Both parties are. 

During my 50 plus years of political activism, I have made no distinction in my attack on and exposure of government and corporate corruption. They do wrong and I find out about it, I'm on their butts. A few years ago I caused the closure of a large government contractor. As an ultra-conservative, the RINOs, RNC and RNSC have blocked my emails because I'm on them for supporting Obama's communist agenda. Those politicians will bite the dust next year if I can effect their ouster in any way.

I was told early this year by a political aid that "I am surprised that you're still alive". My response was "The communist in Korea then Columbia tried to take me out and I'm still here". The Columbia episode was as late as 1983 when I was down there prospecting a possible gold property.

I don't mean to come across as a "bad ass". I love life as well as the next person and have had a good one so far but I hate corruption in any form. I refuse to roll over, play dead and get dirt thrown in my face. My motto has always been BRING IT ON. If you whip my butt, you're not getting a virgin.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #79 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 8:12pm
Drew Richardson wrote on Nov 24th, 2013 at 7:36pm:
Happy holidays, George! 

I am glad to hear that, to date, our government has not interfered with your travel plans and/or other related activities.I hope and trust that that will continue to be the case. 

Thanks, Drew! It's good to be back in the USA, and I wish you (and all) a happy Thanksgiving Day.

Smiley

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Doug Williams Goes Public on Operation Lie Busters
Reply #80 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 4:47pm
Doug Williams, who was targeted in Operation Lie Busters and remains in legal jeopardy, has this week gone public with the story of federal agents' February 2013 attempted entrapment and raid on his home and office. Details are to be found in a new edition of his book, From Cop to Crusader: The Story of My Fight Against the Dangerous Myth of Lie Detection. I have posted a synopsis here.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #81 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 11:00pm
Doug, 

I just purchased your book on Amazon. I took a moment to read the reviews. I have a challenge to everyone: look at this review and try to guess which entity from the polygraph forum wrote it:

"The advice given by this former disgruntled examiner is pitiful. No wonder that it costs only $0.99! The information (like the author) is years out of date on countermeasure use. The author also seems to take credit for single-handedly ending the use of polygraph in the U.S. Far from the truth, particularly in the federal government. His "techniques" are very likely going to get you caught, or cost you a job opportunity. Caveat emptor!"

My guess it's the same one who called Pailryder a "dimensionless character in need of testosterone replacement therapy."

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #82 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 2:01am
Ex Member wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 11:00pm:
Doug, 

I just purchased your book on Amazon. I took a moment to read the reviews. I have a challenge to everyone: look at this review and try to guess which entity from the polygraph forum wrote it:

"The advice given by this former disgruntled examiner is pitiful. No wonder that it costs only $0.99! The information (like the author) is years out of date on countermeasure use. The author also seems to take credit for single-handedly ending the use of polygraph in the U.S. Far from the truth, particularly in the federal government. His "techniques" are very likely going to get you caught, or cost you a job opportunity. Caveat emptor!"

My guess it's the same one who called Pailryder a "dimensionless character in need of testosterone replacement therapy."

Ark:  Thanks for purchasing the book - I hope you enjoy it.  And I think you probably nailed the source of that review.  But so many polygraphers hate me for telling the truth about the "lie detector" that I couldn't possibly narrow it down to just one - my enemies in the polygraph profession are legion!  As George Orwell said, "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #83 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:56am
I note that it was one year ago today that federal agents, led by U.S. Customs and Border Protection Special Agent Fred C. Ball, Jr., raided Doug Williams' home and office, seizing customer records that became the basis for a federal polygraph watch list. Williams has not been charged with any crime.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #84 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 2:08pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:56am:
I note that it was one year ago today that federal agents, led by U.S. Customs and Border Protection Special Agent Fred C. Ball, Jr., raided Doug Williams' home and office, seizing customer records that became the basis for a federal polygraph watch list. Williams has not been charged with any crime.

That was a sad day - the day when my faith in the integrity of agents of US government was shaken to the core.  Not only did they violate their oath to protect and defend the Constitution, but they blatantly violated my Constitutional rights.  That date marks the loss of my 1st & 4th Amendment rights and proves to me that we are now living in a police state.  

It is frightening when you consider that at the urging of one vindictive government polygraph operator, the Department of Justice, Homeland Security, the CBP, the US Secret Service, the FBI, and many other government agencies would form an armed task force and raid my office and my home; that they could hold me against my will for hours, terrorize my wife and me, search my office and my home, and seize all of my computers, my polygraph instruments and every scrap of information that was of any interest to them.  What is even more depressing and troubling is the fact that I was powerless to stop them, and that I have no recourse, no way to call them to account for their blatant violation of my Constitutional rights. 

You can read a sample chapter dealing with this here: http://www.polygraph.com/index.php?from-cop-to-crusader And you can get the whole sordid story in my book FROM COP TO CRUSADER:  THE STORY OF MY FIGHT AGAINST THE DANGEROUS MYTH OF LIE DETECTION.  It is available in paperback on Amazon, and in ebook format on www.polygraph.com and at Kindle & Nook.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2014 at 3:12pm by Doug Williams »  

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #85 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:41pm
Doug Williams wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 2:08pm:
That was a sad day - the day when my faith in the integrity of agents of US government was shaken to the core.Not only did they violate their oath to protect and defend the Constitution, but they blatantly violated my Constitutional rights.That date marks the loss of my 1st & 4th Amendment rights and proves to me that we are now living in a police state.

Why don't you move to North Korea or Iran? And it didn't seem to repress your 1st Amendment rights to publish your bullshit book and DVD. 

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #86 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:47pm
quickfix wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:41pm:
That was a sad day - the day when my faith in the integrity of agents of US government was shaken to the core.Not only did they violate their oath to protect and defend the Constitution, but they blatantly violated my Constitutional rights.That date marks the loss of my 1st & 4th Amendment rights and proves to me that we are now living in a police state.

Why don't you move to North Korea or Iran? And it didn't seem to repress your 1st Amendment rights to publish your bullshit book and DVD. 

Reporters without Borders reports that our 1st Amendment rights are disappearing:

"After a year of attacks on whistleblowers and digital journalists and revelations about mass surveillance, the United States plunged 13 spots in the group’s global press freedom rankings to number 46.

Citing the Justice Department’s aggressive prosecution of whistleblowers, including its secret seizure of Associated Press phone records, the authors write that “freedom of information is too often sacrificed to an overly broad and abusive interpretation of national security needs, marking a disturbing retreat from democratic practices."

But rather than protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, Quickfix says that those of us who protest against oppression need to move. That's about what I would expect to hear from an authoritarian thug like you Quickfix.  But let me suggest that you would be more comfortable in an oppressive regime like North Korea or Iran - you would certainly be able to use your insidious Orwellian instrument of torture more freely there.  Perhaps you and all your polygraph buddies should move instead.   

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #87 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 10:05pm
quickfix wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:41pm:

Quickfix,

It seems to me that federal law enforcement agents targeted Doug Williams for a criminal investigation because they didn't like the way he was exercising his constitutionally protected right to free speech. Do you disagree? Do you not find what happened to him troubling?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #88 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 10:31pm
Doug Williams wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:47pm:
But let me suggest that you would be more comfortable in an oppressive regime like North Korea or Iran - you would certainly be able to use your insidious Orwellian instrument of torture more freely there.Perhaps you and all your polygraph buddies should move instead.

George, I like it here just fine, so I think my buddies and I will stay put.

I'm all for free speech, and I don't think anything is wrong in investigating someone suspected of helping an unqualified applicant or a convicted sex offender "pass" their polygraph.  As I have said before, if your wife or daughter were raped or murdered, and the perpetrator passed a polygraph exam after "training" with Doug Williams, you might think differently.  Food for thought.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #89 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 10:48pm
quickfix,

It sure seems to me that Doug Williams was targeted for criminal investigation precisely because of his exercise of his right to free speech. Speech that John Schwartz and Fred Ball, Jr. didn't like. But telling people how to pass a polygraph test is clearly First Amendment protected speech.

I'm glad to know you're all for free speech. In this respect, I think that Noam Chomsky's observation is apposite: "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Is It a Crime to Provide or Receive Polygraph Countermeasure Training?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X