Normal Topic Anxiety is killing me. (Read 6762 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box trickpony
New User

Anxiety is killing me.
Jan 15th, 2013 at 1:06am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My poly is coming up for an agency. My first agency I worked for did poly and I passed. 

The agency I'm applying with now is more in depth I'm mean they got me thinking about stuff I did 30 years ago..... ( well not that long but might as well be ).

How do I let go of my fear and anxiety? I've been reading chapters three and four and it just confuses me. I'm not sure what sort of questions they will ask.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Anxiety is killing me.
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 11:16am
What kind of agency are we talking about? Law enforcement or intelligence? Federal or state/local?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 11:43am
It is a local le agency.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 12:01pm
In that case, the questions you encounter are likely to be similar to those asked by the Los Angeles Police Department, which you'll find discussed here:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1129089368

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 2:51pm
Thank you!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box GuardDog
New User

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:49pm
I can say this with absolute confidence and personal experience, echoing George's words, polygraphs are indeed "junk science". Anyone can pass them. Stop being frightened by the guys who pay big bucks to promote them while successfully keeping pseudo-science alive. After all, they have a multi-million dollar industry to protect. It's what greedy folks do, protect their self-interest and investments by taking advantage of the weak. This ain't new stuff, the biggest liars are the guys sitting in the chair behind you asking the BS questions and trying to scare the crap out of you... But everyone already knows this. Don't we!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 9:43pm
Amen Brother! Preach it! I have been preaching that same sermon for almost 40 years!

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 12:21am
GuardDog wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:49pm:
I can say this with absolute confidence and personal experience, echoing George's words, polygraphs are indeed "junk science". Anyone can pass them. Stop being frightened by the guys who pay big bucks to promote them while successfully keeping pseudo-science alive. After all, they have a multi-million dollar industry to protect. It's what greedy folks do, protect their self-interest and investments by taking advantage of the weak. This ain't new stuff, the biggest liars are the guys sitting in the chair behind you asking the BS questions and trying to scare the crap out of you... But everyone already knows this. Don't we!

Where are all the polygraph guys?  Come on boys, tell us some of your lies about your magical machine!  Come out and fight you cowardly bullies - give us some of your toxic retorts!  I double-dog dare you!!!! Angry

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box GuardDog
New User

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 6:42pm
Cheesy

IP Logged

Anxiety is killing me.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X