Normal Topic A Writer Needs Help (Read 4603 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous Coward

A Writer Needs Help
May 18th, 2012 at 4:21am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I wrote this as a serious piece of psychological artwork to represent the vast rainbow of shades of mind states and their significance in our lives, but I think it might hint at sociopathy/psychopathy and I'm worried about coming-up clean on an FBI polygraph.  Any wisdom?  I feel like I'm tumbling around in space, helpless.

xx|||I shrank-away with heaviness in my step that I had only experienced a few times in my short life up to that point.  It was like walking lopsided and I nearly tripped over myself.  I couldn’t fathom wanting to disappoint my parents again and I wasn’t entirely sure I could keep from doing it; I never managed to predict my bird, either.  Lopsided I walked, and with ease, corrected my step, to my bedroom as I wondered what else would or could interrupt my slightly-jaunty step that was normal, considering my youth.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: A Writer Needs Help
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2012 at 10:38pm
Quote:
wrote this as a serious piece of psychological artwork to represent the vast rainbow of shades of mind states and their significance in our lives

Looks to me like you already have "built-in" countermeasures.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Anonymous Coward,

My best advice to you is not take any polygraph "test" administered by the FBI. The FBI has a pre-employment polygraph failure rate on the order of 50%, and the career consequences of a failed polygraph with the FBI are severe. Apart from being permanently excluded from FBI employment, the record of your failure (which will follow you for life) may be shared with any other federal agency with which you might seek employment (or a security clearance). See my article, "Just Say 'No' to FBI Polygraphs" for more in this regard.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 6:51pm
George W. Maschke wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 12:20pm:
Anonymous Coward,

My best advice to you is not take any polygraph "test" administered by the FBI. The FBI has a pre-employment polygraph failure rate on the order of 50%, and the career consequences of a failed polygraph with the FBI are severe. Apart from being permanently excluded from FBI employment, the record of your failure (which will follow you for life) may be shared with any other federal agency with which you might seek employment (or a security clearance). See my article, "Just Say 'No' to FBI Polygraphs" for more in this regard.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate; I washed out of the FBI recruitment process at the interview stage! Wink

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

A Writer Needs Help

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X