Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Full Scope Polygraph Honesty (Read 47461 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: Full Scope Polygraph Honesty
Reply #15 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 2:15am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Kegra,

So now you have heard both sides of the argument. You can fall for their charade and admit to perjury in hopes of landing a job, or you can be smarter than they are. Don't be fooled by power words like "Full Scope", these kinds of terms are invented by those who wish they had a bigger hardon.

The reality is that they are simpletons, just be smarter than they are and beat them--it happens every day, and remember what I said: cover your own ass.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #16 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 11:08am
Kegra

It is true that liars think they are smarter than other people.  But remember you are not lying just to the simple minded dweeb with the crystal ball.  You are also lying to your background investigator, the hiring authority, your future bosses and coworkers and you are putting yourself at risk of your falsehoods being uncovered over time.

P.S.  When a poster resorts to name calling and personal insults, you can be pretty sure they have run short on legit arguments.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kathi526

Reply #17 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 3:04am
Polygraphers, and background investigators, really will only find out what you or others tell them.  Polygraphers want you to confess, as do police, prosecutors, etc.  It makes their job that much easier.   

I was polygraphed by one intelligence agency, I was totally honest but nervous as hell, and failed.  Later I was polygraphed by another intelligence agency, I lied out my ass and used CMs, and I passed.  By this point I knew how the poly worked and I didn't confess to anything and just played the game. 

Many people with high clearances and such have lied and hid things to get their job.  I know of federal agents who do naughty things in strip clubs, drink and drive, are borderline pedophiles, and other bad things.  If nobody knows you took the pills, then nobody needs to know, including the polygraphers.  You want the job don't you?!  In the end, let God judge you, not the polygraphers.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #18 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 3:11pm
This really has nothing at all to do with the polygraph.  I don't like the polygraph, but whether I should tell the truth or lie has nothing to do with the polygraph.

I also conduct background investigations, and the one thing that will derail an applicant faster than just about anything else is lying.  I know that everyone I interview is not perfect and has made mistakes, but I also know that each of them can choose to be truthful or they can choose to lie.   

In doing background investigations, I have passed lots of people who were truthful about mistakes they made in the passed.   

Regardless of how you feel about the polygraph (and I am certainly no fan of the polygraph) it all comes down to the question: Do you do what you know is right all the time, or only when you think you will be caught if you do what is wrong?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kegra86
New User

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 10:36pm
Thanks everyone for your input.  I almost feel as if this conversation was like having a cartoon devil in my left ear and an angel on my right.  Its been 6 months since I posted this, and I am at the point now where I am going to have to make the decision to go ahead with the poly and at least get a shot at the job I want to do.  Or choose not to take it and try my luck at getting a another job that doesn't require a clearance.

I've done a lot of thinking over the past 6 months and have decided that I am going to tell the truth.  I'm going to admit to what I did, lay it all on the table, and be ready to accept whatever consequences may come my way.  Even if that means the loss of a job and or my clearance.  If that happens I'll just go back to school...I need my degree anyways.  I don't want to continue in this line of work feeling as if I'm hiding something from my employers and the government for the next 20-30 years.  I will repost after my security interview and let ya know how the polygraph goes!

Thanks for your opinions!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:57pm
Kegra,
I'm glad you gave the situation due deliberation and made a decision. I really do hope your honesty is appreciated by those concerned. Remember, that admitting to any crime could make you liable for prosecution. Good luck friend.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #21 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:13am
Kerga, 

I have remained silent during the debate.  I believe you have made a wise decision.  I don't believe you will regret choosing honesty over desire, good luck to you and please let us know how your polygraph examination goes, It should be interesting.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kaylin Frazier

Reply #22 - Jun 25th, 2013 at 8:11pm
@ Kegra86

Kegra86

I know a vet going through the same exact situation and wants to come clean also. After you told the truth about the drug use what happened? Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Winnie the Pooh

Reply #23 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 8:25pm
You should get a consultation (normally free) from a security clearance attorney. As you know drug use is a grounds for administrative discharge (look at Joe Bidens son) and have lied about it during previous investigations could put your TS clearance in jeopardy if revealed during a full scope.

RS,

IP Logged

Full Scope Polygraph Honesty

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X