Normal Topic Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP... (Read 5457 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jobseeker99
New User

Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP...
Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello-
I hope George M. would chime in here if at all possible, but if anyone else has a solid answer (not an opinion) plz feel free to teach.  I am going to sit for a second poly test.  The first one went okay until the question of foreign national contact came up.  Only afterwards did I realize that the term FN basically includes anyone who is not a US citizen.  Duh, the majority of my family live in another country (not China, Afghan, etc) and the polygraph examiner made me believe that since he already knows this, that FN's would be anyone from a country similar to above.  I didnt hesitate to say a simple 'no' because I really do not have any connection with anyone from any other country.  So I was thinking of clarifying that because the test begins, is that the best approach?  He claimed that everything else I answered went 'well', whatever that means.   
One more thing, since this is a full scope test, why did I not receive any questions on sex????  Not that it matters since I have the most boring sex life probably in the world.  But maybe those questions are still to come?  Any input would be greatly appreciated. 
TY!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP...
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:13am
Based on your account, I'm inferring that the agency administering the polygraph interrogation is either the CIA or the NSA. Both of these agencies employ the "relevant/irrelevant" technique (described in Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector). With these agencies, it is quite common for persons to initially be accused of "having problems" and then to be brought back for one or more follow-up polygraph sessions.

If I were in your shoes, I would not go out of my way to try to explain why I may have "reacted" to any particular question. Any statement you make, any unsolicited information that you provide, has the potential to be spun into a disqualifying admission by a polygraph operator seeking to corroborate his or her chart readings.

Instead, you might review the behavioral countermeasures explained in Chapter 4 of TLBTLD and avoid behaviors that polygraph interrogators are trained to believe are indicative of deception.

As for why you weren't asked any questions about sex, I'm not sure. Not everyone subjected to a "lifestyle" polygraph interrogation is asked such questions.

Good luck!

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 12:39pm
George
Thank you so much for your input, I WILL follow your instructions.  But one thing I would like to know is, since I won't bring up the last polygraph question that 'disqualified' or 'failed' me, when they bring it up, what should I do as they too know that THAT particular question is the one they want to screw me on?  At that point, should I explain that I now understand how broad of a question that is?  Or should I now just say yes?  Seems to me that that would raise an eyebrow?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 1:13pm
I would simply answer any direct questions about that directly and truthfully. But I would refrain from offering rationales for why I may have reacted to any particular question(s) beyond, "I don't know why I may have reacted to that question. I answered it truthfully."

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 2:32pm
But I didnt answer it truthfully since now I realize that foreign nationals are in fact my family and friends of whom I speak to all the time?  I did not know that they are considered foreign nationals at the time of the polygraph test?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 3:07pm
Perhaps I misunderstood you. You stated earlier that "the polygraph examiner made [you] believe that since he already knows this, that FN's would be anyone from a country similar to above." If the polygraph operator did not in fact make it clear that the scope of his question excluded persons from the country where you have friends and relatives, then this is a matter you may wish to discuss in a follow-up polygraph session. But again, I would not volunteer any information that is not specifically asked for.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 8:49pm
Yes George, we now have a clear understanding.  I agree with your approach and thank you again for your input.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box snarpes65
New User

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 10:42pm
Please let us know what comes of it!  Good luck!

IP Logged

Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X