Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
AntiPolygraph.org
Make a Donation

Important: We strongly recommend that you use the free Tor Browser Bundle when browsing AntiPolygraph.org. (Here's why.) For an alternative, system-wide implementation of Tor, try The Amnesiac Incognito Live System. For better anonymity, guest posting is enabled, and you may use a fake e-mail address (e.g., nobody@nowhere.com) when posting as a guest.

Be aware that polygraph operators also read the discussions on this message board. If you wish to remain anonymous, be careful not to post enough personal detail that you could be identified (for example, the exact date of your polygraph examination).

Try the chat room to communicate anonymously with other visitors presently online. (Choose a user name and leave the password field blank.)

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP... (Read 1694 times)
Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box Jobseeker99
New User

Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP...
Feb 1st, 2012 at 5:19pm
Mark & Quote Quote 
Hello-
I hope George M. would chime in here if at all possible, but if anyone else has a solid answer (not an opinion) plz feel free to teach.  I am going to sit for a second poly test.  The first one went okay until the question of foreign national contact came up.  Only afterwards did I realize that the term FN basically includes anyone who is not a US citizen.  Duh, the majority of my family live in another country (not China, Afghan, etc) and the polygraph examiner made me believe that since he already knows this, that FN's would be anyone from a country similar to above.  I didnt hesitate to say a simple 'no' because I really do not have any connection with anyone from any other country.  So I was thinking of clarifying that because the test begins, is that the best approach?  He claimed that everything else I answered went 'well', whatever that means. 
One more thing, since this is a full scope test, why did I not receive any questions on sex????  Not that it matters since I have the most boring sex life probably in the world.  But maybe those questions are still to come?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
TY!

IP Logged

Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Unbeliever

The Hague, The Netherlands
Re: Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP...
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 12:13am
Mark & Quote Quote 
Based on your account, I'm inferring that the agency administering the polygraph interrogation is either the CIA or the NSA. Both of these agencies employ the "relevant/irrelevant" technique (described in Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector). With these agencies, it is quite common for persons to initially be accused of "having problems" and then to be brought back for one or more follow-up polygraph sessions.

If I were in your shoes, I would not go out of my way to try to explain why I may have "reacted" to any particular question. Any statement you make, any unsolicited information that you provide, has the potential to be spun into a disqualifying admission by a polygraph operator seeking to corroborate his or her chart readings.

Instead, you might review the behavioral countermeasures explained in Chapter 4 of TLBTLD and avoid behaviors that polygraph interrogators are trained to believe are indicative of deception.

As for why you weren't asked any questions about sex, I'm not sure. Not everyone subjected to a "lifestyle" polygraph interrogation is asked such questions.

Good luck!

George W. Maschke
E-mail: maschke@antipolygraph.org
PGP Public Key: 316A947C
Bitmessage: BM-GtK3fjwGHLLcdRRsYU9eHRdPGxGabbuL
Twitter: georgemaschke
Tel/SMS: 1-424-835-1225
SIP: georgemaschke@ostel.co
Encrypted voice and text chat (XMPP via Jitsi): georgemaschke@jit.si
Postal mail: Van Trigtstraat 53, 2597 VX The Hague, The Netherlands
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep. -- Saul Bellow
WWW George W. Maschke  
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 7:39am
Mark & Quote Quote 
George
Thank you so much for your input, I WILL follow your instructions.  But one thing I would like to know is, since I won't bring up the last polygraph question that 'disqualified' or 'failed' me, when they bring it up, what should I do as they too know that THAT particular question is the one they want to screw me on?  At that point, should I explain that I now understand how broad of a question that is?  Or should I now just say yes?  Seems to me that that would raise an eyebrow?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

Unbeliever

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 8:13am
Mark & Quote Quote 
I would simply answer any direct questions about that directly and truthfully. But I would refrain from offering rationales for why I may have reacted to any particular question(s) beyond, "I don't know why I may have reacted to that question. I answered it truthfully."

George W. Maschke

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep. -- Saul Bellow
WWW George W. Maschke  
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 9:32am
Mark & Quote Quote 
But I didnt answer it truthfully since now I realize that foreign nationals are in fact my family and friends of whom I speak to all the time?  I did not know that they are considered foreign nationals at the time of the polygraph test?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

Unbeliever

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 10:07am
Mark & Quote Quote 
Perhaps I misunderstood you. You stated earlier that "the polygraph examiner made [you] believe that since he already knows this, that FN's would be anyone from a country similar to above." If the polygraph operator did not in fact make it clear that the scope of his question excluded persons from the country where you have friends and relatives, then this is a matter you may wish to discuss in a follow-up polygraph session. But again, I would not volunteer any information that is not specifically asked for.

George W. Maschke

WWW George W. Maschke  
IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 3:49pm
Mark & Quote Quote 
Yes George, we now have a clear understanding.  I agree with your approach and thank you again for your input.

IP Logged

Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box snarpes65
New User

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:42pm
Mark & Quote Quote 
Please let us know what comes of it!  Good luck!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
Taking 2nd poly, simple question PLEASE HELP...
Open Live Preview Live Preview

You can resize the message area by dragging the right- or bottom border.

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1: