Normal Topic Personal Training Question? (Read 6811 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Question?

Personal Training Question?
Dec 23rd, 2011 at 4:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does anyone have any experience with these companies who offer "personal training" to beat the box? I would feel a lot better if I were to be able to practice on a live machine before subjecting myself to the abuse of a live test. Do these places keep/share records of clients? Are they safe???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Re: Personal Training Question?
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 8:13pm
Buy a GSR biofeedback device (one with a tone, or even with lights if you want). Put a belt around your chest to simulate the pressure of the pneumatic tubes. Have someone ask you questions, and control the feedback the GSR gets.

You can sit there and pretend you're on fire. The tone will increase as you induce an adrenaline rush (kind of like that feeling you get just before falling asleep and you dream you're falling or tripping, as another example). Then relax and make the tone decrease. It's that easy.

On a control question, induce the adrenaline rush. On a relevant question, remain as calm as possible.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 11:24pm
I would suggest answering all questions truthfully and not using anything other than truth to pass your polygraph.  (You should realize I am a polygraph examiner).  Mr. Truth has a good suggestion for using countermeasures, however I simply suggest telling the truth and cooperating with the examiner.  There is a possibility you will not pass, it is about 14% on screening examinations when conducted by qualified persons.  This 14% includes Inconclusive Results.  

Check the examiners credentials before agreeing to be tested, make sure he/she is an APA or AAPP member and has several years of experience without complaints to the BBB or his professional associations.  

Best of luck. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 1:08am
Like the credentials for McCallister?

It is sad that simply telling the truth is not good enough.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 3:32am
Mr. Truth, 

Please call the APA National Office and check Mr. McCallister's credentials, you may become more informed regarding his claims in his advertisements and the actual truth.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Reply #5 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Thanks for the advice on the monitor, and back on point to my original post.... Does anyone recommend personal training services like those offered by D.W. or by polygraph consultants of America? I am just concerned with LE pre employment exams and I am concerned with these companies keeping records and sharing them with the government. 

Thanks! And by the way, I plan on being honest but being that I am in law enforcement and have been for some time, I  have seen MANY examples of of the innaccuracy and the abuse of these tests and I am unwilling to stake my future and reputaion on them. 

Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2011 at 12:39am
I think you could save yourself the money and just download The Lie Behind the Lie Detector on this website. In my opinion, it is not necessary to practice on an instrument.

IP Logged

Personal Training Question?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X