Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Slight Reaction (Read 12018 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dashiz
New User

Slight Reaction
Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:27pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I think I failed the poly. Even though I told the truth. The examiner said I had a slight reaction to a quetion...he grilled me on this question during the pre test. It was about my frwind who stole money. However, I never reported him. The question asked was if I ever stole anyhing from an employer. The exact answer is no.  But I feel guilty for not turning him in. So now I am depressed lol. I really wanted a shot. The examiner says I had a slight reaction on the first sheet and a lower reaction on the next. He told after the post test that the chart looked fine but that was in question. He said I was fine. I asked him if I failed he said no. The whole time he ovoided eye contact w me. Never shook my hand and said good luck. I asked to be re hooked up to the machine but he said I was fine. Yeah fine as in failed. I'm nervous. Please anyone w input give it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Slight Reaction
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:00pm
Unless the question about stealing from an employer was somehow qualified (for example, have you stolen more than $400 from past employers?), then it was very likely a probable-lie "control" question, that is, one to which your denial was secretly expected to be less than truthful. Thus, it does not seem so clear to me that you failed.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:22pm
Yeah. Idk why. I'm nervous. I'll honest and everyhing. He did not quantify the money. O well. It was a learning experience. I have nothing to hide at all. I admitted. To mj use and gambling too. I can't believe this happened. I hope if I get dqd its not cause I lied.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 4:42pm
The question infact was quantified by year. It was the following; have you stolen anything other then you have told me from an employer, over the last five year? Is this still a probable lie control question? Or is this a relelvant question, looking back at it i think i took a relevant and irrelevant test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:00am
dashiz wrote on Feb 25th, 2012 at 4:42pm:
The question infact was quantified by year. It was the following; have you stolen anything other then you have told me from an employer, over the last five year? Is this still a probable lie control question? Or is this a relelvant question, looking back at it i think i took a relevant and irrelevant test. 

The time quantification is not what George was referring to. This is a control question with a time bar. I would have to know the facts of the case to determine if it's exclusionary or not.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Facts for stefano

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 2:25am
Although, the Polygrapher said i had a small reaction. I passed the polygrah. What a joke. He got all crazy pounded the table. Lol. To bad i wasent lying. SACK OF BS. He was mad i was not getting mad lol!

The questions:
1) Is your name so and so?
2) Is today this date?
3) In the past three years did you steal any merchandise?
4) In the past five years other then what we discussed, did you steal any moeny or merhandise from an employer?
5) Did you lie to me about your driving record in the last five years?
6) In the past five years did you buy, sell, or recieve any stolen merchandise?
7) Did you lie to me about the use of alciholic beverages in the past 12 months?
8) Did you lie about gang activity in the past 15 years?
9) Did you lie to me on any of the questiosn during the test?
10) Did you lie on your employment history in the past five years?
11) Did you physical harm someone in the last five years?
12) In the past three years did you sell, use or traffic an illegal drugs?

Every set of questions had some of these mixed with some vague questions such as name date or are you lying to me!

It is sad the polygraphers have to lie. Wow what bs. I thought we all were telling the truh they are the liars!

O, well.

What is the diffrence between analog and computer poly? Are they both shit accurate?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 4:31am
The question set is less than amateurish--two weak control questions and an excessive amount of poorly worded relevant questions. If your description is accurate, I'm certain Bill Brown and others of his calibre are embarrassed as they read them.

Analog and digital instruments produce the same charts. Computers have the ability to crunch numbers according to established algorithms so that the examiners have to think even less.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dashizoh

Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 5:33am
Yes they are accurate lol. What are the two control questions? The employee theft and if I lied to the examiner?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:23pm
Stefano

I don't like the questions at all.  It appears to me to be a relevant/irrelevant question technique with very poorly worded questions.   

did you steal any moeny or merchandise
did you sell, use or traffic an illegal drugs

Multiple issues in one question is questionable and not proper in some states.   

Did you physical(ly) harm someone in the last five years

What does physical harm mean?  Did the examiner eloborate on what physical harm means?   

Did you lie on your employment history in the past five years

Not sure if this is a control, if so it is bad also.  And the list goes on and on and on.  No I don't like the questions or the test in general.  I'm not embarrassed, I believe you had an unprofessional examiner that does not know how to conduct a proper examination.  This does not reflect on the polygraph industry, we do have standards and this does not meet or exceed at those standards.  It reflects on the examiner and the unlicensed state he works in.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box tjisaddd

Reply #9 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:30am
One more question I left out:
Would you ever take a bribe from an incarcerated individual?

It's a control?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:42am
Quote:

What could he bribe me with--his plastic cup and toothbrush? Forgive me, but this addition makes me think something is far-fetched.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 12:21pm
stefano

I would never ask that question, but don't be naive.   This is a serious concern for correctional institutions.  Inmates of both sexes have friends, family and associates, such as other gang members, on the outside.  Offers of drugs, money and sexual favors are not uncommon.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box answers

Reply #12 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 3:47pm
Is that a control tho? No one answered me

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:33pm
Hey Pailryder....good to see you again.

Thanks for the reality check. I hadn't realized our penal institutions were rife with such nefarious activity.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2012 at 6:35pm by »  

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:38pm
Quote:

It's a control? 

This question is so far out there, I don't think I can answer you. It involves a hypothetical, which in my opinion would be inappropriate for either question category. Perhaps others can comment.

IP Logged

Slight Reaction

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X