Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) polygraph (Read 30912 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: polygraph
Reply #45 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 10:59pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Thanks for the confirmation. I knew it was BS.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #46 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 10:44am
Quote:
Please elaborate for us about.....how you surmised that he was using countermeasures. 

Stefano

Please read my post more carefully before you make other unfounded assumptions.  Or perhaps you can point out where I wrote that I surmised GM used cm's.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #47 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 11:35am
Dr Maschke

Just for the record, in my experience, all polygraph charts used in training are sanitized.  All identifying information such as, date, agency, examiner, and subject, is removed.

Although we will never find common ground as to the proper use of polygraph technique, I respect your opinion and have never questioned your honesty.  I am comfortable taking your word that you did not use cm's.

Several years ago, I saw a set of charts that, without mentioning any specific name was attributed, by someone who seemed to know, to "the asshole that runs that antipolygraph web site."  I did score the charts, but I did not then and I do not now offer my opinion of them. 
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2011 at 12:27pm by pailryder »  

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 4:50pm
pailryder wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 11:35am:
by someone who seemed to know, to "the asshole that runs that antipolygraph web site." 

Since you jumped in to sing a duet with polyboy1, I assumed you were in concurrence; I see now it was just a marriage of convenience.

Also, thanks for this nice snapshot view into the professional demeanor of those populating your ranks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ks

Reply #49 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 9:44pm
I was wondering why I was asked to nod yes or no as opposed to a verbal yes or no ?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #50 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 2:24pm
Quote:
I was wondering why I was asked to nod yes or no as opposed to a verbal yes or no ?

The polygraphers will do everything to mess up your head.  I've been told to keep my eyes closed, adjust my posture, answer "no" to every question, as well as putting up with the operator inexplicably keep leaving the room.  Angry

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X