Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) polygraph (Read 30926 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: polygraph
Reply #15 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 6:15pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
pailryder wrote on Sep 24th, 2011 at 5:55pm:
Lex Luther of Polygraph

That's "The Lex Luthor of Polygraphy"; please don't misspell. And I would like to once again invite you and polyboy1 to step forward and accept the countermeasure challenge.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2011 at 9:18pm by »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyboy1

Reply #16 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 7:04pm
pailryder:  kind of like when the examinee is wasting HIS time when there is a "properly identified CM".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #17 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:48pm
polyboy1 and pailryder, 

It may be more useful to engage in meaningful debate and discussion without insulting others.  stefano is very aware of polygraph and its strengths as well as the weaknesses.  We can learn from this site and our opposition.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 2:25am
Bill_Brown

I have been a member of this website every since its inception and have seen this insulting nature and, admittledy, been a part of it from the beginning. I love a good, intellgent debate. However, it seems that when one falls short, it evolves into insults and name calling. Pailryder has not been much of an insulting polygrapher. He mostly debates and asks intelligent questions. Invarialby, though, we all lose it at times. On the other hand, most polygraphers lose it just by reading the information here and immediately start attacking. It still amazes me that they let this website destroy their personality (if they ever had any) unless, of course, it is still presenting problems for them. Which, I suspect, is the case.

I usually don't debate the "technical aspects" of the polygraph because I don't know enough about it. I usually get involved when the insults and name calling starts. 

My involvement with the polygraph started in the 1960's when I had to take one for employment. I had a friend, at that time, in medical school and he showed me how to raise my BP. He also said that the anxiety produced by the test would prevent passing. Anyway I passed even with lieing. One of the question I lied on was "do you intend on making this a long term employment"? It was a piddling job and I had no intention of staying there. Ever since that test, I have researched the poly and come up with NA for employment.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #19 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 7:50am
polyboy1, pailryder,

If my polygraph charts are indeed being circulated among polygraphers as examples of "classic countermeasures," then that is ironic because 1) the FBI averred that it was unable to locate my polygraph charts when I requested them under the Privacy Act and 2) I did not use countermeasures.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 11:21am
Bill_Brown wrote on Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:48pm:
It may be more useful to engage in meaningful debate and discussion without insulting others.stefano is very aware of polygraph and its strengths as well as the weaknesses.We can learn from this site and our opposition

Bill_Brown

I agree completely, and I did not intend, nor do I see any insult in my postings.  stefano chose "the Lex Luthor of Polygraph" for himself and I don't think my use of his choice is an insult.  Maybe a small dig, because it seems a bit grandiose, but not an insult.

If this site was dedicated to the reform of polygraph, rather than abolishion, we would have much more common ground for civil discussion.

I believe, as the late Dr. David Lykken once wrote, " No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers."
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2011 at 11:56am by pailryder »  

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 3:49pm
pailryder wrote on Sep 25th, 2011 at 11:21am:
Maybe a small dig, because it seems a bit grandiose, but not an insult.

It may appear grandiose, but in reality, it's a very apt moniker I assure you.

It would seem most unprofessional for these "experts" to be gloating over possession of George's polygraph charts under the guise of using them as "training aids."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #22 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 3:51pm
Bill_Brown

You see what I mean here? 

polyboy1 and pailryder both has said that they have seen George's charts and that they are being used as training tools for polygraphers. I doubt if they will answer George. However, if they do and confirm the use then that is a strong indictment of the FBI as liars. Also a strong indictment of the agency as "Blacklisters". Isn't that a criminal offense? 

Statements have been made here folks. Let's have some confirmation or retraction.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #23 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 10:29pm
TwoBlock, 

I understand the frustration, and can only suggest not responding to the sarcasm.  Polygraph examiners do get annoyed when trying to make a point and having the opposition attacking.  i personally don't get weighted with the emotion, I attempt to stay on subject.   

We do have some examiners that enjoy attack mode.  By monitoring this site and learning from individuals posts, I am able to become a better person and have learned to treat all with respect.  Many examiners I associate with are of the same nature.  We also learn from our mistakes.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #24 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 11:57am
Bill_Brown wrote on Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:48pm:
stefano is very aware of polygraph and its strengths as well as the weaknesses.We can learn from this site and our opposition. 

Bill

Is this opinion based on personal knowledge or private conversations?  I have read all of stefano's postings and I failed to find any that mentioned polygraph's strengths.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #25 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Pailryder, If you have read all of my posts, you should have been able to glean that I am not concerned so much with the strengths or weaknesses of the polygraph technique, but rather that I don't wish to live in an America where people are wired up to Orwellian devices.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #26 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 5:48pm
stefano

I understand and share your concern for compelled testing.  Even though you may personally think it foolish, is there room in your America for people to contract for a private polygraph?   
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2011 at 10:13am by pailryder »  

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 6:16pm
pailryder wrote on Sep 27th, 2011 at 5:48pm:
is there room in your America for people to contract for a private polygraph? 

I will admit, if it were limited specifically to those who step forward with no external coercion that it would steal some of my fire. However, coercion can be subtle and take on many forms.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #28 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 10:42am
stefano

My assumption, which I am sure you will correct if I am wrong, is that you have a great deal of experience interviewing patients and making theraputic assessments.  If so, in your practice have you found any difference between the interview of a person seeking treatment by his own decision and one compelled to treatment by a court, probation officer or other authority? 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #29 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 2:29pm
quickfix wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 8:21pm:
it's not subjective, it's pretty obvious when someone is deliberately distorting the tracings;  "suspected" is not a whim, but it's just not confirmed by an admission;  we do exercise control (I don't know about "power";  maybe if those who read this site exercised their own "control and power" and went through the exam honestly, they wouldn't find themselves in this guy's predicament.

You seem to be assuming that the people who read this site are not going through the exam honestly.  While that is certainly true in some cases, it is certainly not true in all cases.

What do you tell the examinee who answers all questions honestly, does not withhold any information, and does not use or attempt countermeasures, but still is deemed deceptive or is accused of using CM’s?

Unfortunately, I have not heard any satisfactory response to that situation.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X