Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) I passed the polygraph with no problem - and I lied. (Read 116013 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JaketheSnake

I passed the polygraph with no problem - and I lied.
May 11th, 2011 at 12:30am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Like many of you, I had a polygraph coming up and I read up and did my due diligence.

I found this site and discovered all of the baloney and voodoo science that goes into the polygraph. Then, I downloaded the pdf "The Lie Behind The Lie Detector" and read the chapters on countermeasures a few times.

I practiced the recommended breathing pattern, it's not hard since it is considered the "norm" for breathing.

Then, the fateful day came. I got almost no sleep due to nervousness but made sure I had a decent breakfast. Arriving early, as the book recommended, I tried to put on a good impression. I also wore professional clothing to complete the look.

Reading about how guilt-free people are confident and sure of themselves, which I naturally am, I made doubly sure to smile and give a firm handshake. First impressions are last impressions, after all.

I read a pre-printed list of questions, answered appropriately as was needed. The examiner tried to get me to confess to a few things, but I held my ground - make no additional admissions! Then, I was strapped into the chair.

For the love of God, I couldn't believe how uncomfortable that chair is! I think it is purposefully designed to hurt your back and cause you to tense up. What a piece of garbage.

Anyways, I didn't employ countermeasures in the traditional sense as I wasn't sure what questions were control. However, I did recognize the relevant questions and controlled my breathing very carefully. Breathe in for three seconds, breath out for three seconds. No deviation.

Also, I barely paid attention to the questions. I vaguely heard them but as soon as I answered I controlled my breathing and thought about the drive home, or what I was going to do later, or just daydream. Anything to avoid getting nervous and raising my heart rate.

After it was all said and done, the examiner reported that I passed with no problem. I left walking an inch taller, fully knowing the lie detector is just a machine, and any cool-headed person can beat it.

I do think that it is the innocent persons who are at a disadvantage. I've been around the block. From drugs to violence, I've been there. Since have been in those situations where tensions are high and adrenaline is flowing, the polygraph just isn't in the same league as getting into an altercation, for example.

An "innocent" person, however, is less likely to have been into a bunch of fights, to have been arrested and lied to the cops about their involvement ("I didn't see nothing, officer!"). They don't have the experience of lying under pressure, essentially, and it is those persons who are most likely to react under the pressure of certain disqualifying questions.

I hope my experience helps someone. If there is one thing to take away from this, it is that knowledge is power, and you CAN beat the machine.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Clifton Coetzee

Re: I passed the polygraph with no problem - and I lied.
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2011 at 11:57am
Jake,
You dont have to beat the machine.
Just be a good boy and then you have no reason to lie.

However, all that breath control and daydreaming would not help you if you underwent an AVSA PRO vsa examination.

Your response is captured instantly and what you do thereafter makes no difference to the SV (stress value) already recorded and computed.

Good Luck

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box liar liar pants on fire

Re: I LIED AND PASSED THE FBI POLY
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2011 at 5:42pm
I also lied and passed the FBI polygraph. What a joke.  I've engaged in so many minor crimes (theft, vandalism, prostitution, drunk driving,) but there was no way in hell I was going to spill my guts to the FBI.  And there is no way there will never find out about my pass dirty deeds because there is no record of them.  I sat right there and lied to the FBI agent with no problem. I actually used my own CM method of just thinking of exciting things on every poly question so that I would have a constant heightened reaction.  The polygrapher can chalk up these spiked charts to applicant nervousness.  No question spiked any more than any others.  I was thinking about all the bad and illegal things I've done during the poly but I just laughed in my mind because I knew the poly couldn't read my mind.  So I like.   
"have you ever committed a crime for which you weren't caught?".  ha ha ha.  I answered "no" so calmly and with no problem.  Do you know how many times I've paid for sex and not been caught?  Ha!  The FBI hired me but I turned them down.  I lied to the FBI and passed their poly.  So easy.  The polygraph is a joke.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2011 at 6:35pm
Quote:
The FBI hired me but I turned them down.I lied to the FBI and passed their poly.So easy.The polygraph is a joke. 

This is the part which makes me doubt the veracity of your statement. Maybe you should tell us what you are really up to here.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box liar liar pants on fire

Re: I LIED AND PASSED THE FBI POLY
Reply #4 - May 28th, 2011 at 7:08pm
Quote:
Quote:
The FBI hired me but I turned them down.I lied to the FBI and passed their poly.So easy.The polygraph is a joke. 

This is the part which makes me doubt the veracity of your statement. Maybe you should tell us what you are really up to here.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, but I'm dead serious.  I went through the process during a hiring freeze so by the time I went though the long security processing, the even longer adjudication, and the waiting for an EOD because of the freeze, I accepted another job and moved on.  But I flat out lied to the polygrapher and denied every little stupid interrogation tactic that was used to try to force a confession out of me.  They obviously do this to everyone, accuse you of stuff and see if you confess. Polygraphers have to be getting tired of this same old dog and pony show with every applicant. 

Keep your cool everyone, and beat the poly!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2011 at 12:24am
Quote:
You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, but I'm dead serious.

Okay then. Sorry for doubting.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box getting there

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 6:45pm
Ok,  So do you now work for the FBI?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John Brown

GIMME A BREAK
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 4:16am
The polygraph exam is as good as the polygraph examiner. You all have obviously duped some poor hapless excuse for a polygraph examiner who has had no training in detecting countermeasures. If you had a REAL examiner your a** would be grass. All that rubbish about controlled breathing and thinking happy thoughts would've been identified by a really good examiner and you all would've been thrown out of the polygraph suite. How would then would that have looked on your part? BUNCH A CRAP

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 4:32am
You cannot detect an adrenaline rush, and you will sit there fat, dumb, and happy (and sanctimonious) all day long. It is a trivial matter to accomplish. But, since you bring up some purported ability to detect countermeasures, step up to the plate and take the challenge. Put your money where your mouth is.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chuckles
User

Polygraph Survivor

Bunch a crap!
Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 9:18am
Quote:
You all have obviously duped some poor hapless excuse for a polygraph examiner who has had no training in detecting countermeasures.

Oh John Brown,

Every time someone talks about beating a polygraph test, someone who believes in polygraph technology pops up to say the examiner must have been a bum and a real examiner would have found them deceptive. Someone said the same thing to me when I passed my last polygraph examination, but my guy was one of the top guys in my state with many years of teaching other examiners and getting them certified. 

If there were any such thing as a good polygraph examiner who could detect countermeasures, then he would have taken the countermeasure detection challenge. As it is now many of the people who are accused of using countermeasures don't have a clue what a countermeasure is and many of the people who use countermeasures pass their examinations with flying colors. 

The thing I like about this board is how both sides have an equal opportunity to present their points of view. The anti-polygraph people usually make intelligent arguments based on facts and experience, while the pro-polygraph people usually resort to personal attacks and emotional reasoning. "BUNCH A CRAP" LOL

Chuckles

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2011 at 8:13pm
To pontificate also means to speak in dogmatic or inflexible terms. 

Some of this on both sides, so I guess it's fair and balanced.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 12:59am
Dear Bill Brown,

Are we watching the FOX news network? I think I might get nauseous  Smiley.  I could not resist! You cannot let a response like that go unanswered!

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:38pm
Fair Chance, 

Watch it all the time.  And really like Bill.  I know I should be ashamed, but...............

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chris Brown

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 8:23am
You know what I detect on this site? BS, that's what. Almost every post on this site seems to be written by the same person. Same writing style, same intelligence level, same tone, very few writing errors (and let's remember... some of the writers on here are supposed to be dumb ass criminals.) Very respectful. 
I am on FB every day with thousands of friends, I am a full time college student, and I have seen literally thousands of writing styles. One thing is for sure, it is very plain that they are all different and people these days are stupid... they make a LOT of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. It is VERY unusual to find someone who writes intelligently and is easy to follow.
Once again, I call BS. What do you have to say about that?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 12:29pm
Chris,

As a forum administrator with access to log files, I can assure you that the great majority of posts are indeed by different individuals. While many of the participants here are college educated, it's not unusual to encounter posts with less than stellar spelling and/or grammar. It should also be noted that this forum is moderated. (See our posting policy.)

Nonetheless, in the ten years that this forum has been active, we have experienced a trolling campaign, sock puppetry, and disinformation by polygraphers. But such behavior is not the norm.

If you continue reading (you can use the advanced search function to look for posts on topics of interest), I think you'll find a diversity of views and experiences.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

I passed the polygraph with no problem - and I lied.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X