Normal Topic She cheated but she passed the poly!??? (Read 6933 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nebraska Girl

She cheated but she passed the poly!???
Apr 30th, 2011 at 9:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My brothers wife cheated on him with one of her colleagues. Eventually he left her, when it was just too obvious that she was definitely cheating.
He had indisputable evidence including:
-he found an email from her lover to her saying alot of stuff including he didnt regret when they made love
-she called him by mistake from her phone in her pocket and she was with this guy and my brother heard her saying 'oh baby remember thats the bar we hung out in when we wanted to go make out where nobody knew us'
- one day my brother came home a day early from a trip unexpectedly because he was supicious, and the safety chain was on the door  - and this guy was in thier house!! she said a bunch of them had gone out and he was just drunk and she said he could stay the night and she put the chain on the door so he wouldnt leave and drive home !! he left an hour later though when my brother turned up!

And all other kinds of suspicious behaviour like staying out for days.  I always suspected she had borderline personality disorder but hes my brother and i knew he had to make his own decisions..
But I was happy when he finally admitted to himself what she was and he left her.
That was a year ago and she has pursued him relentlessly begging for another chance and that all she did was kiss this other guy on the cheek. she swore this up and down. but he didnt believe her and filed for divorce.  Their divorce was about to become final when she turned up with copies of 3 differnet polygraphs, notarized by the state (?) saying she didnt cheat and she passed.
So despite all the evidence he had, he has chosen to believe her now and has gone back to her.  Oh dear Sad
Lots of people forgive thier spouses for cheating and go back and give it a chance and thats fine.  But I know she is still lying and hate the thought that he has gone back to her on the basis 'that she wasnt lying after all'.  I just dont want him to be hurt again.
So what gives?
If anyone give me a professional opinion on this matter, I would appreciate it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chuckles
User

Polygraph Survivor

Just love and support him
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2011 at 2:48pm
Your brother obviously loves this woman or he wouldn't have married her. Yes, she probably did cheat on him, but we really have no way of knowing for sure if she did. She may have even secretly admitted to him that she cheated and he is now covering up for her. Another possibility is that she may have read up on how to pass the polygraph and gotten tested three times just to get some fake "proof" to win back her husband. If she is willing to go to those lengths to win him back, maybe she has turned over a new leaf?

Oh wouldn't the world be a better place if our friends and loved ones made the decisions we wish they would make? It is tough, but when it comes to the love lives of our relatives we have no good option but to accept whoever our relative decides to love. It may be hard, but I think you should just back off and love your brother and hope for the best. Hopefully they will live happily ever after, but no matter how their relationship goes you just focus on loving your brother and supporting his decision one way or the other.

Chuckles

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Don'tbefooled

Re: She cheated but she passed the poly!???
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 6:27pm
My wife recently passed a polygraph for infidelity. The 35 year police veteran examiner said she was 100% innocent. There was no video. No chart I could look at. No summary of the questions. He said she loves you a lot and has done nothing wrong. I have a hidden audio of her indiscretions. I had played this to her before {the polygraph} but it had a lot of noise although you could still make out what was taking place. I have recently through forensic audio software cleaned the audio up. I played it to her and she broke down and confessed. So a cheating person can pass a polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: She cheated but she passed the poly!???
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 6:43pm
I am saddened by the experience you described. I hope now you can forget about polygraphs and secret recording devices and reach out to her in an effort to find out why she chose to stray. Cheating can be a symptom of a deeper wound which you need to address with love and understanding. Good luck friend.

IP Logged

She cheated but she passed the poly!???

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X