Normal Topic My polygraph story. (Read 26120 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MDaddy
New User

My polygraph story.
Sep 19th, 2010 at 1:22am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I found this site via reddit.com, just thought I'd share my experience. 

My house was broken into about 10+ years ago.  The intruders trashed the house, stole some things... and bound and gagged my Mom and beat her.  I had left the day before to drive a friend home to another city, and came back the next morning minutes after the intruders left.  This made me a suspect to the detective investigating, and as wronged as I felt about that, I understood why.  

I agreed to take a polygraph (I was a 18.. I had nothing to hide, and this would allow them to get off their arses and go after the real criminals, so I said ok..  I didn't know any better)

I hope this doesn't need to be said, but of course I was not involved.  I love my family, and I love my mom more than anything.  I had nothing to do with this.

So the detective took me downtown to some police station, and introduced me to the guy doing the test.  He hooked me up to the machine, and we started.  He began by showing me a card from a deck of playing cards, and then shuffling them.  He read them out one by one (it wasn't a full deck I don't think, I don't remember), and when he was done, he told me which card it was that I had seen earlier.  He was right.  

Next he began with the real test.  But before I go any further, let me just tell you what was on my mind that whole morning.  Beavis and Butthead.  lol, yes, those two.  The one where Beavis tells the truth and the machine keeps saying he lied, and he gets more and more nervous until he's a wreck.  Part of me said "I have nothing to worry about, since I had nothing to do with this.. just tell the truth and I'll be fine.", and part of me kept thinking of that cartoon.. 

So anyways, the test started.  He had to stop and start 7 times... 7 TIMES for one reason or the other.  (I coughed.  I was taking too long to answer.  I cleared my throat.. etc..)

Here's how the questions went: 

Him: "Are you in Canada?"
Me:  "yes"
Him: "Are you on the Moon?"
Me: "No"
Him: "On the night of <whatever> did you plan to have your mother beaten and robbed?"
Me: "?!?!  No!"
Him: "Am I wearing a hat?"
Me: "..no"
etc.. 

The questions just kind of hit all of the sudden.  I could feel something inside when he asked..  it was like "This is it!  This is the big one!"  I told the truth on every single question he asked...  But that feeling I got inside when he asked those big questions... I wasn't lying, but I knew there was a huge weight on that question..   

Anyways.  By the end of it, he turned off the machine, and sat there and stared at me for several minutes.  Then he said "You disgust me.", I looked at him like "What??"  Then he said "I'm sitting across from a little f-ing degenerate rat bastard, you make me sick.  You did it.. You did it...." 

And he went on and on, until I was in tears.  I tried to explain, but I couldn't talk I was so choked up, and he kept interrupting to tell me how terrible I was, and what he would do to me if he wasn't a cop, etc.. 

Long story short, my mom wouldn't press charges, they stopped investigating, no-one was ever arrested.  

I had nothing to do with it, I told the truth on every question, and in the end they said I lied... 

Update:

Wow, lots of views.  I see someone posted this link on Reddit.  I normally don't talk about this, or even post much of anything about myself,  kind of regretting it now.  Normally I'd just hit delete after typing it all out, lol.  I figured I'd respond here since people will be reading here.  I don't want to use my main account there either, I normally try to keep online life+real life seperate.  So,  to clear something up: 

About the "pressing charges" and "stopping investigating" things.   Sorry, I don't remember exactly how everything happened back then, my memory may have moved things here and there over time, I may have been a bit misleading as well..   As best I can remember though, after I got back from the test, the detective came in and explained what happened, and my mom flipped.  She started giving the guy hell because I was still pretty much in tears.  She started yelling at him about how he knows nothing about me, and this is all BS.  I was still freaked that they thought I had something to do with this, and thinking they're going to try to put me in jail for something I didn't do (dumb kid, I know).  I recall my Mom saying something about her never pressing charges against me, so not to worry.  After that little heated exchange, we didn't really see anymore police after that.  Although I vaguely recall a different detective coming by a few days later.  The gist of that talk was:  "We think we know two guys involved (there were either 4 or 5 that broke in) but we really have nothing solid.  Sorry, but this happens all the time, and we have to move on to other cases, so we're done."
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2010 at 1:39am by MDaddy »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polygraph ace

Re: My polygraph story.
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 5:21pm
Stay away from online site www.antipolygraph.org as its a US Government monitored and created sting website, set up
to trap those that would research how to beat a polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Quote:
Stay away from online site www.antipolygraph.org as its a US Government monitored and created sting website, set up
to trap those that would research how to beat a polygraph.

Really? I had no idea. How did you learn this, Ace?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Erica

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2010 at 10:08pm
Hello George, 

So far I am liking what I am seeing but I cant help but be bothered by what polygraph ace said about the site being monitored.  It sounds a little foolish but not impossible.  Your comment was not reassuring at all.  Could they really do that when you are applying for a job??  Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipoly4life

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 2:43am
Erica, 

"polygraph ace" was greatly over exaggerating.  George owns this site and he is not working with the government.  George wants to help others pass the polygraph and expose the secrets behind it because he "failed" his under false accusations, as have many others, and it was a setback in his career.

The truth is that polygraphers, government agencies, and other companies requiring security clearances DO view this site to see what new information is being disseminated to the public and what we are conversing about.  I was at a recent conference where there was a panel hosted by Intelligence Agency employees and they said that applicant's online presence is looked at during background check.  If you search the web, you will find stories of people who were punished based on what they posted online.  Here is a thread from an FBI applicant who was recently cut from the process based on his forum postings.   

Feel free to chat in forums, but remember that if you take a polygraph they will ask you about what websites you've visited regarding the process, and they do not like hearing Antipolygraph.org.  Just make sure you don't give out information on here that can identify who you are.  Don't use your real name, birthdate, or give too many details about your application.  Anonymity is they key and you'll be fine posting in here!

The IP logs for this site do show government agencies as frequent visitors, right George?  Care to give us any statistics on which agencies and how frequently they visit t his site?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 5:16am
Erica,

How could I possibly prove to you (or anyone) that AntiPolygraph.org is not "a US Government monitored and created sting website, set up to trap those that would research how to beat a polygraph?" It's impossible to prove a negative. By the same token, those falsely accused of deception in pre-employment polygraph screening cannot prove that they are not spies or that they haven't withheld information about past drug use, etc. It should be incumbent upon those making accusations to prove them, and not on the accused to disprove them.

If you're interested in the experience that led me to co-found AntiPolygraph.org, you can read about it here. You can also view my commentaries on AntiPolygraph.org's YouTube channel, and decide for yourself how likely it is that "polygraph ace's" allegation is true.

antipoly4life,

Yes, AntiPolygraph.org is quite regularly visited from IP addresses that resolve to federal agencies. I have no statistics to post, but it is routine. It is also possible that AntiPolygraph.org's e-mail is being monitored by a federal agency. We moved our server to Canada some years ago to protect against National Security Letters.

For maximum privacy and anonymity, it is best to access this forum through a proxy and use an e-mail address created (and only ever accessed) through a proxy.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Knightshaiid
User

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:28am
Quote:
The truth is that polygraphers, government agencies, and other companies requiring security clearances DO view this site to see what new information is being disseminated to the public and what we are conversing about.

That's certainly so - however it is my humble opinion that they're NOT reading this site very thoroughly, because the majority of them are incredibly easy to fool.

I have now passed a total of 4 polygraphs following the advice in The Lie Behind The Lie Detector, and am convinced that polygraph examiners shield themselves from the truth in order to blindly believe in the pseudo-tests they administer.

Because if they read The Lie Behind The Lie Detector they'd know that anyone could be lying to them, and passing their tests.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box honestabe
New User

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 4:59pm
every site could be monitored, but there is no need to worry. Notice the guest post status and the fact that he felt no need to return. Just a troll.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jaime

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:45pm
I had a somewhat similar experience than you with a polygraph I took in 1995.  I was raped in college and of course the 2 guys who did it said I was lying.  They gave me a polygraph and afterwards the Chief of Police in Fort Scott, KS called me a "whore who made a regrettable decision" and called me a liar.  I wasn't lying then, and I'm not lying now.  I have no faith in these machines and I don't believe there is any validity to their successfulness.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box figs
User

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 2:50pm
Sorry you had this horrible experience, which says nothing about you.  

Since 2009, PDs can loose some federal funding if they dn't stop using victim polygraphs as condition of investgaiting sex assaults - http://www.mysati.com/enews/Jan2006/enews_011606.htm#pp.

IP Logged

My polygraph story.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X